PDA

View Full Version : Knight

sherville
08-29-2001, 04:57 AM
Hello everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I am posting the first acrylic I painted. This picture is quite old now, and I haven't done another one since :(
Anyway, I would love it if you guys could maybe offer advice, or point me in the right direction. If you could point out what you like and what you don't, or what you would change I would be so grateful :)
Thank you

bug
08-29-2001, 06:36 AM
I can't see anything that needs changing. I really like the area around the horses eye and the eye its self. very nice job!:clap:

sherville
08-30-2001, 07:21 AM
Thank you for your comments, Bug. :)
I had no idea what I was doing when I painted this, and I think I overworked it in a few places... a bit around the eye, mainly on the red cloth/reigns too. Thankfully it doesn't show so much in the scan :D

IRDOC
08-31-2001, 12:28 PM
Sherville it is great, love your work.
the croping is perfect.
Doc

Einion
08-31-2001, 04:21 PM
Looks good. A pleasing mix of flat graphic shapes and modelling, and the outlining works nicely for me. The crop is very good, gives the image a lot of punch.

Not sure where the rein is going :) but overall very good.

Einion

sherville
09-01-2001, 02:35 AM
IRDOC, Einion, thanks for looking. :)

Einion, the reins are going to his hand... it sort of blends in with the pattern (Fleur?) on his shirt. The shield is on his arm and his hand comes out from behind to hold the reign (so he can hold his sword in the other I guess) ... it looks weird because theres only 2 fingers showing... at the time this gave me stress because I didn't know what to do, so I tried to make it discreet... I should probably make the reign more discreet as it nears his hand... :)

Thanks for posting :)