PDA

View Full Version : S&T Tuesday March 23, 2004 Woo Hoo!

rebeccacharles
03-23-2004, 01:14 AM
I was so excited when I pulled these from the kiln a little bit ago I had to run and share them. I had one of the weekends where I was just "off" while I was working but today's small load totally made up for it.
Sorry for being a hog but it has to be done every once and a while...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0151-1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0151-2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0153-1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0153-2.jpg

Briatha
03-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Rebecca the bicones are stunning and the set is oh so lickable!

More Fairy Baubles

jennakate
03-23-2004, 01:46 AM
my jaw just dropped when i saw that first bead! WOW!

kwstudios
03-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi Beaders,

Briatha - the part I like about the beads (besides the sparkle) is the pattern and variation within your surface design. Spots, lines, squiggles... nice.

Here is a vessel that I am proud of - part blown, part sculpted on a hollow mandrel. It is wrapped with a lot of stringer!

Karen

Josie
03-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Lots of yummy goddies so early in the morning. It makes me want to peek in the kiln a bit early. :eek: I know, I know. It will ruin everything. So, I'm going to bed instead.
Rebecca, I want that first bicone in your post. When will you list it in your store? :evil:

Tracey

Jacinthe
03-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Rebecca - You always have such beauties to share with us. Absolutely stunning focal and set!

Faith - Your Fairy Baubles make me wish I was a Fairy too :)

Karen - that vessel looks absolutely delicious! The fuming work is beautiful! Awesome job there! The only thing I'd be a little bit leary about would be those handles, they look a bit thin to me. Hope you don't mind my saying. Wouldn't want them breaking off that beauty of a vessel, and that stopper great form!

Hugs from Longing to make beads Holland,
Sarah

kwstudios
03-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Hi Sarah - If you use my art for industrial entertainment, such as jumping on it or throwing it across the room, it might break. However, applications given by the normal person do not allow for breakage.

Karen

GinaJ
03-23-2004, 04:59 AM
Rebecca, Briatha, Karen: GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

nursekatie
03-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Rebecca!!!! OMG....I don't see very many focal beads in boro...that is Gorgeous!!! The set if also very lovely!!!

Briatha.........your fairy baubbles are just adorable......nice job keeping that foil look under the transparent....that is hard to do!!

Karen.............THUD.......STUNNING.......gorgeous.......speechless......:D

These are a few pieces that I am putting in the art exhibit. Most of the pieces that I will have there are pictured on my website (on the jounal page) and are for sale if you are intersted :)

jkittels
03-23-2004, 06:33 AM
HOLY MOLY...cool stuff this morning!
Here is mine...

Julie K.

gwacie
03-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Wow - great start to my day! Rebecca, I can see why you were excited to post - love that bicone :).

CarlaAlexander
03-23-2004, 07:25 AM
I haven't gotten much torch time lately since sports have started for the spring and the horses need attention, but these are some I managed to play long enough to get. Hopefully things will slow down soon.

fay
03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Gorgeous beads! Have to post and dash. Have a terrific Tuesday!

earthenwood
03-23-2004, 09:44 AM
WOW great work everyone!

I haven't posted to a show & tell for a while. Here are some new beads I made for the Bicone challenge we are having this months at the Beads-of-Clay website. These are my first three attempts. All glazed porcelain.

AlexM
03-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Stunning beads this morning!

Here are a couple of mine.

Jennifer Geldard
03-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Wonderful stuff today!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's one with enamels and my favorite cased stringer dots.. striking red over ivory, and that yummy vetrefond mustard.

Moth
03-23-2004, 10:57 AM
WOW. That is about all I can say.

Rebecca...if I ever pulled anything that beautiful out of my kiln I would fall over dead.

~~Mary

Beth Myers
03-23-2004, 11:10 AM
PLONK!!!!!

Eye Candy overload!!!!

Please make it stop.

latitude40
03-23-2004, 11:18 AM
I've been avoiding the S&T for a while in an effort to focus myself and not get distracted by what everyone else is doing. But I'm glad I finally peeked in here today to see such lovely offerings!
Karen, that vessel sent me into a swoon! :eek:
It will be mine...oh, yes, it will be mine! :evil: :D

Karen

travelin'gal
03-23-2004, 11:50 AM
PLONK!!!!!

Eye Candy overload!!!!

Please make it stop.

Holy Moly...I'm with you Beth!

Here a few florals I've been working on....going girly, while Greg works on his Aliens.
Deanna

koregon
03-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh My Gosh.........Karen...that vessel....I feel so deeply in love......all I can say is wow....beautiful....gorgeous....aaaaaaaahhh nothin like that kind of eye candy to start my day.

everyone...gorgeous beads...what a show 'n tell...so much to comment on and so little time....sun is shining here and well, time to hop to...need to jump on the eliptical glider...make the bed, post a couple auctions and get started on my day.

Thanks for the gorgeous stuff to look at today....yum

I was working in a color zone yesterday for beads to make jewelry out of for my vacation. Yesterday was red/coral....I used the yellow coral that is more mango, I love that coral! here are the ones that I dubbed "Hot Summer Garden" all Moretti

Have a great day everyone!

donner
03-23-2004, 12:12 PM
when I grow up, I want to make beads like Karen...shiny...i love shiny things...

I went 'bad girl' and made a set of "Rizzo" beads...but no hickies for Kenickie, sorry..

"Rizzo Pink"

jujeebeads
03-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Beautiful beads today!

These are some of my favorite color combos.

Judy :cat:

Lara
03-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Wowzie, so many beads.

Rebecca - Love your bicones. I think I usually see small rounds beads from you, these are very cool.
Faith - Nice lentils, sparkly.
Karen - !!!!!!! I would be proud of that vessel as wel, it is stunning.
Katie - I like your 4th bead. The bold colors are great.
Julie K. - Neato beads. The first set is my favorite, nice color combo.
Carla - Like the second set of red white and black, nice crips black dots, not bleeding. :clap:
Fay - Very sparkly and pretty.
Melanie - beautiful beads as usual. I love the third one in the picutre.
Alex - Great lentils. Is that the pinky coral I see? Kinda looks like the colors I got in my picture below
Jen - Wow. I have always loved our beads, here is another one!
Deanna - Nice flowers.
Kaye - Lovely lentils as always. Have a great vacation.
Donner - Always gorgeous beads, these are no exception.
Judy - Very pretty flowers.

Here are mine. All made the same way, but with different colors.

First is 2 colors of ivory, intense black and black ends.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/10029-sleek_org_wc_ok.jpg

Second is silver pink (have never gotten pink out of this before, but I'm loving it), intense black and black ends. I'm calling this one Purple Sunset

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/10029-psunwcok.jpg

Third is coral, intense black and black ends. I'm calling this one orange sunset.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2004/10029-osun2viewwc.JPG

Lara

AlexM
03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Lara]Wowzie, so many beads.

Alex - Great lentils. Is that the pinky coral I see? Kinda looks like the colors I got in my picture below

Yup, that's the new pinky coral. Gorgeous beads Lara!

Helen Simon
03-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Wow, I'm in awe of EVERY BEAD posted here!!! Go Beaders!!! Here's some baby roses, and a hollow. My friend Jennifer (waving) told me how to make dicro strnger, so I twinkled this set up a bit, or rather a lot. Love, Helen

Lara
03-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks Alex. I do love that pinky coral. Got my hands on some just before Franz ran out. Love the way it sometimes look orange, sometime coral, sometimes pink.

Helen - great roses as always.

Lara

beadreamer
03-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Beautiful beads today!

Here is my contribution...

Lori Peterson
03-23-2004, 04:19 PM
when I grow up, I want to make beads like Karen...shiny...i love shiny things...

Donna, let me know when you are done being you because I will put in my application for the position.

Here are my latest.

rmg
03-23-2004, 04:31 PM
wonderful beads today! Karen, I'm in awe of that perfect vessel! I was going to show off some of my new vessels, but I think I'll just go back and practice some more! I'll post one of my fantasy fish instead!
rachelle.

saucy
03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Wow! What a great S&T again today. You guys always knock my socks off.

Rebecca - Oh how I love your boro beads.
Karen - Jeebus (as Sooz says) I love that vessel!
Helen - Lovely roses as always.

Felicia
03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
I rarely get the chance to get on here anymore (dead gum job... grumble:grumble :p) but I do try to check out show n tell everyday and today was AWESOME.

Thanks for all the wonderful eye candy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

rebeccacharles
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone, today was really one of those days and getting home to all the kinds words was really nice...they are scheduled to go up tonight!
Rebecca

Chameleon Jewels
03-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Wow those are sweet! Are they boro? They are beautiful....Glad to hear someone is having a good day at the torch :D

KetchikanSculptor
03-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Wowwwwww!!!! I Love All The Beads!!!!!

CorvetteJuliet
03-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh Gee, here we go again. I think my beads are coming out OK and then you folks post yours and they're so GEORGOUS! Chamelon that dot bead is awesome! OK, so it's time to go back to the torch for me... :evil: I'm going to redo some of these yet again.... at least I'm improving! :D I suppose that's the point of this huh? ~Juliet