PDA

View Full Version : Bendalong

Lady Carol
03-22-2004, 06:53 PM
We were recently back home in Oz for a holiday catching up with family and friends. Happened to be down on the south coast of NSW visiting my husband's father and passed Bendalong. A quaint little beach/town wher my husband and I met. We hadn't been down this way for 17 or so years...gosh has it really been that long.

Any way enuf of the verbal vomit.....

C&C welcome.
Incidentally Marty this is my first..inspired by your wonderful waves...so go easy...please

Helen
03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Nicely done. I can really see the curl in that wave

mairrca
03-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Nice first carol. Lovely wave.

watercolorbill
03-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Very nice Carol. It doesn't look like your first attempt. :clap:

Marty C
03-23-2004, 03:03 AM
Hi Carol,
Great to see your first post in the forum. I haven't been to the south coast of NSW for years but I remember it as being truly a beautiful area.
This is a really nice first work, I'm not going to go all technical on you, I'm just happy to see you getting your feet wet!
The greens in the breaking wave are great. Of course you know you can't just stop at one seascape, now we need to see more.

gnu
03-23-2004, 04:58 AM
:D:D hehe we sure do need to see more..
love your style esp the rocks etc..
great wave..I really get the sense of it about to crash..like it's at the hanging stage...
hope you enjoyed doing it..
Marty's waves are very inspiring..I predict we'll se a rash(or should that be a crash?) of them :D:D:D

JamieWG
03-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Hello Carol. Thank you for sharing your lovely painting. I like the tree and wave, and the birds are a nice touch! There is an area on the left, between water and shore, that is unclear to me. The water doesn't seem to be lying on the ground there. I think just a little more work on that left side of the painting would be well worth the effort; the rest is so nicely rendered. What is the size and medium, please?

Jamie

Lady Carol
03-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Helen: Thanks.

Marion: Thank you as well.

watercolorbill: Thank you truly it is a first *blush*

Marty: You are right..one is not enough. I am planning my next aquatic adventure

gnu: thanks for the comments. Yes, Marty has inspired significantly. He makes them look so easy.

Jamie: thanks for the comments. Yeah that area bugs me as well. This really is tiny (8X10) and acrylics. I really need to scale up in size!!!

VeldaJ
03-23-2004, 12:56 PM
An excellent first, Carol. That looks like a true *surfers* wave.

Lady Carol
03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Joy. Australia is truly a haven for the surfie

meowmeow
03-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Excellent first! The wave is fabulous...I agree about the area on the left though. YOu are almost there..excellent job!

Sandy

Lady Carol
03-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks Sandy. I must have got carried away in that area!!! LOL!!!

M-Art
03-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I like the water, which colors have you used, i see a little green.
The composition and the depth are correct.

Go on

Bert

Leaflin
04-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Excellent first Carol!
Your wave is splashing water all over my screen :D, and I believe I hear those distant gulls.