PDA

View Full Version : Eagle

christmascarolnz
03-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi there. I write to a couple of prisoners here to encourage them and let them know they are loved and not 'hated' by everyone in our country. One of the guys wrote for the first time after months of me sending cards of my artwork and photos and said he kept every one and appreciated them. That was a buzz.
I ran out of printer ink and decided to paint him a card. I used designer gouche and the image of David Aaron's from the library. I have used the Priestly Blessing, though my signwriting isn't that great the message is.
Thanks for looking. I have x posted this in illustration.
Regards,
Carol

sassybird
03-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Carol, the image only loaded half way for me, but from what I can see it is a lovely sentiment to share with someone in his position. The eagle jumps off the page. I love the way you did it's eyes and feathering. I wrote to 3 prisoners for several years, and visited the one closest to my home. They starve for outside contact. One thing all 3 told me though was that I needed to remember that a lot of the prisoners will take advantage of women especially. I took their warning to heart. Things were the other way around for me. They sent me artwork:) and it was all very good.

Rosic
03-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Simply Beautiful! You are planting seeds of hope.
Rosic

PS... You have a lovely handwriting too.

gnu
03-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi Carol!! long time no see:D:D
This is a lovely gift, both the artwork and the time...
Love that eagle , he's magnificant!!
the shading under the feathers is just right, really posps and gives the 3 D look..