PDA

View Full Version : Easter Bunny Necklace, Thread Hog but for a good reason :)

greatfindsct
03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone! I've been busy. I've been comissioned to do 30 bunnies, and 30 duckies for a bead store around here. Well I got so tired of just doing one after the other, I decided to make a necklace. Please let me know what you think of it. I'm pretty excited about it, and am going to put it up on the bay. Any ideas or suggestions for pricing it! No, not going to start it at .99 ...lol well, here they are! Thanks for looking :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2004/32278-beads1_045.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2004/32278-beads1_042.jpg

Shawn T.
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Jen,

What a wonderful easter necklace. Your carrot is great and love the spring colors of the eggs. Priceing is not my stong suit. The bunny ears and arms on the easter egg is a neat idea, very creative. Hope you get a wonderful price for it. You deserve it!
Shawn

greatfindsct
03-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Well Shawn, I knew you would reply! There's only been over 100 views, and you're the only one who likes my necklace? Just cuz you like me so much right? LOL C'mon people, I do accept criticism well also. Please tell me if there is something "just not right" with it. I feel like no one likes it, or they would have replied or at least said something? :rolleyes: Thanks for making me feel better Shawn...luv ya!

Jamn!
03-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Jen. I think you made some great beads! I don't know about pricing either so I am absolutely no help there.

I think however that there are too many colors that are distracting from the bunny and the carrot other than that its a great setting! Take this with a grain of salt since I am terrible at making stuff with my beads! :)

Candle-Spa
03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Well I usually don't reply to these because I'm so new I don't really feel like I'm qualified to comment...however because you're looking for feedback from fresh eyes...mine are freshie freshie as they say!

Anway, I love the idea. I love the beads (well done)...I have two comments and of course, this is only my very own humble opinion. I feel like the proportion is out. When I say that I mean the placement of the beads on the string, not the beads themselves. Now...how I would make it feel more proportionate (to ME only), is I would switch up the two florally beads with the carrot and egg pair. Putting the larger up higher and the smaller down lower...I think that would make me feel like it's got better 'flow'.

I don't really like the green shiny things above the carrot/egg pair...they seem less....classy than the rest of the combination somehow.

Other than that...I LOVE it! And I think it's wonderfully imaginitive and this is exactly the kind of thing that makes me smile :D

Marlowe

Orca
03-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Love the carrot, adore the bunny, maybe the neckace is a bit too formal for such fun beads?

By the way, I know zip about jewelry. I have perfected the fine art of stringing elastic through my beads though.

greatfindsct
03-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Great, thank you so much for the advice. I was thinking the same thing. I am going to take the necklace apart, and just sell the beads the way they are. You all gave me the boost to do it :) Thanks again!

Jamn!
03-23-2004, 10:50 PM
:eek: Well at least wait for the auction to close!! :eek:

Don't listen to us We KNOW NOTHING!!! We said we knew 0!!! :p

Besides you have had 194 people look at your auction!! Someone might be waiting!! :)

FairySaddle
03-23-2004, 11:20 PM
I love all the bits and pieces, but my impression was that it is just too busy. And I think the silver is just too "heavy" for those colors, especially the big barrel shaped ones.

Great beads, though! I would love to see another attempt at stringing them. You really are on to something. :clap:

Nancy

Artaholic
03-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I do like this, the only thing is that the carrot is so much brighter than the rest of the necklace how about a more pastel carrot and put the bright one in a more colorful nacklace :) :clap:

Natalia
03-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Hi there!

Love the necklace!! Bunny is adorable. My two cents: I think the carrot could be strung like the rabbit and placed next to it - that would be a lovely focal, and very amusing too! (like the dangles attached)

Thanks for sharing,

Natalia

greatfindsct
03-24-2004, 09:00 AM
:eek: Well at least wait for the auction to close!! :eek:

Don't listen to us We KNOW NOTHING!!! We said we knew 0!!! :p

Besides you have had 194 people look at your auction!! Someone might be waiting!! :)
Oh, no Heidi, it's not your fault..lol I thought the same as you. I will just edit the pictures and prices in the auction. I won't close the auction. Like you said, too many views. But I don't have a good feeling it will sell as is. I think I'll do better and at least get one bid if I just sell the beads. ? Don't you agree?

denizen
03-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I think you're right about selling the beads alone. The silver... well, it doesn't look like real silver (though it might be for all I know) and it kind of devalues the clever glass beads. If I were stringing up your bunny, I'd use small glass beads all of a single pastel color instead of the metal.

Lee

greatfindsct
03-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Ok, I've changed it to just the beads. Check it out and let me know what you think? Better? Plus I've added 2 bunnies too!
Thanks for all the feedback! I knew I could count on you guys!!! Thanks again :)
Easter Eggs & Bunnies (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4100746365&category=34070&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1)

Jamn!
03-24-2004, 11:11 PM
O.K. I hate to be a pain in the a$% but get rid of the first pic. You can't see the bunnies at all!! the rest of the pics look beautiful.. The bunnies look weird from the side shot! If you could get another pic of all the beads plus the bunnies standing up right in the middle or something
that would be great!

I hope you are taking this well! I think the beads are lovely!! I NEED much more help since my poor lonely orphan auction just barely has 100 people looking at it so far! ;(