PDA

View Full Version : This is where you show me just where I belong

Gareth
03-22-2004, 11:44 AM
The first with a title that isn't straight off Catchphrase (Just say what you see).

"This is where you show me just where I belong"*

about 3ft x 8ins. Oil on canvas.

*Wendy Morgan/The Popguns

Pilan
03-22-2004, 01:29 PM
this is wonderful. I would hang it in my house . It reminds me of one of my favorite fairytales, Jack in the Beanstalk. :clap:

Gonzalo Golpe
03-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Like the way you mixed the realism with the mistery and romantic aspect (sometimes) of loneliness :)

Zalo

TeAnne
03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Reaching for the sky. It's talking to me. :clap:

Maryem
03-22-2004, 04:44 PM
It belongs in my garden... and in the woods.. and on the walls.. down the lanes..

Mary

Tamana
03-22-2004, 05:46 PM
...(Just say what you see).

A cow and (o O tickly ant) a horse...and (aachooo)that cwoud looks like a burd....(scoot ober I can't see fru da fwower!))

Eugene Veszely
03-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Wasnt it awkward painting it lying on the grass ?!! ;)

Lovely :)

Are you going to update your website soon ??

arourapope
03-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I planted one of these just the other day. I'm totally excited about it too.
I love the format in this painting. The reach is tremendous; it's almost a physical sensation.

ZOTMA
03-23-2004, 05:14 PM
spinal column composition
weighed with purple nervous fruit
wired with vine to the ground
crowned with sky
giant small spire of a vision

muchfoolishness
03-23-2004, 06:48 PM
beautifully realised

Bisco
03-24-2004, 01:25 AM
Love the paint
But the title is what does it for me
on this...

ejfarrae
03-24-2004, 09:28 AM
wow. works on every level for me.
particularly like the sequential development of the flowers from top to bottom.
and the paint-ing
as always
is stellar.

Maryem
03-24-2004, 03:46 PM
wow. works on every level for me.
particularly like the sequential development of the flowers from top to bottom.
and the paint-ing
as always
is stellar.

Ummm.... this is how foxgloves grow......

Mary

ejfarrae
03-25-2004, 12:15 AM
wow, really?
cool.

Gareth
03-25-2004, 04:26 AM
Thanks for looking.

That is how foxgloves grow (ummmmm.........they don't grow everywhere in the world and not everyone is familiar with other countries native fauna and flora Maryem). Anyway, where I am they grow like weeds, this particular flower was sticking out of the top of a wall early last summer and the picture has been waiting all year for me to develop it. The delay is quite apt really, as a foxglove is a biennial that doesn't flower in its first year, so you'll have to be patient aurora.

Glad you liked the title Bisco, not my words, but for me they're far more beautiful than the painting.

1chameleon - I'll try and update my website soon, you know how it is, tempus edax rerum. I reckon the whole site is due an overhaul. I destroyed a lot of work last year, so it needs it.

Eugene Veszely
03-25-2004, 07:22 AM
1chameleon - I'll try and update my website soon, you know how it is, tempus edax rerum. I reckon the whole site is due an overhaul. I destroyed a lot of work last year, so it needs it.

Ummm I hope "destroyed" means that you "put them in a dark place" and doesnt mean "Burn" or something else as permanent !! :eek: :crying:

....you didnt destroy anything you put up on your site did you ?! :(

Gareth
03-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Ummm I hope "destroyed" means that you "put them in a dark place" and doesnt mean "Burn" or something else as permanent !! :eek: :crying:

....you didnt destroy anything you put up on your site did you ?! :(

I'm afraid destroyed means exactly what it says, torn off the stretchers, screwed up and thrown out with the trash. I was having one of my moments; what can I say? There was some stuff that hadn't made it to my website, but others that had, i.e. the yellow flower, the red distorted rose, the big version of the dawn landscape and a couple of skies. I'm not sure about the black painting, I don't recall trashing it, but it's all a bit of a blur and I can't find it now. At about 6 and a half feet wide you'd think that it'd be pretty easy to locate too, but it's currently AWOL. Ah well, c'est la vie and all that.

Eugene Veszely
03-26-2004, 08:51 AM
I am saddened to read that :(....I can't bear to to destroy anything of mine...no matter how bad it is...I see it as a record of my time and effort and of me being here on this earth...I loved your skies, they are my favourite ones. :crying:

Gareth
03-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 1chameleon, but I've been so busy it's stupid. Don't be saddened by my trashing stuff, I do it all the time. For me it's an essential part of the process, I think it's useful to go through everything that's still hanging around every six months or so and get rid of things that aren't so good. Okay, in this particular instance I went a bit mad and got rid of a couple of bits of work that maybe I shouldn't, but I was in the process of moving house, from a place with a big studio space to one without, so it was essential just in terms of storage that some stuff should go, and once I started trashing things it got a bit contagious. I was probably slightly brutal, but I didn't get rid of anything that I was really fond of; which makes me more certain that I haven't trashed my black painting. I just can't locate the damned thing.

My record of my being on this earth is six and a half and likes to fall asleep on the floor while watching Saturday morning TV...

Eugene Veszely
03-29-2004, 11:24 AM
A living breathing legacy :D

If ever you dont want a painting you can send it to me...I'll pay the postage and will not show a soul :)

Sundrop
03-29-2004, 07:48 PM
well done piece................