PDA

View Full Version : Monday Show and Tell :))

nilaya
03-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Its been Monday ALLLL day here..so I figured i would get the ball rolling while all you guys in the US are still looking at the inside of your eyelids ;)
These ones are kinda new for me..I rarely venture "outside the round" but i pretty happy with how these ones turned out :)

Lorretta :D

Briatha
03-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Lorretta they are spectacular!

A little bit of Teal & White that are a part of my Alkara series just came out of the kiln. Lentils of course :angel:

Jacinthe
03-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Loretta - Your non-round beads are spectacular! Absolutely stunning! The middle one looks like chocolate! Absolutely yummy! All three of them are gorgeous! Make more!

Briatha - Lentils YUMMY! those colours are seaside-like makes me long for the days my family lived in Pensacola! LOVELY!

HUgs from Holland,
Sarah

PS Can't wait for more beauties to drool over!

Lisa Jordan
03-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Good Monday morning!! Loretta, outside the round works for you! My fav is the first one. Faith, I always love you lentils! Can't wait to see what eye candy the day brings.
Here are a few more lentils...I love the larger size mold.

PEtra
03-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Gooooooooooood mooooooooooorning,

Loretta ... your "inside out" beads are way cool. I did manage some bigger beads a few days ago. Here they are!

The lentils are always so much fun. Looking forward to see the CBS in action when visiting Corina's class in Switzerland in May.

Everybody a nice day,

PEtra

Patch
03-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Fantastic beads! :clap:
Loretta, that silver on your beads do you just apply wire and melt it? I love that look!

Here is my little contribution for this morning...Those are my beads at the end of my 2nd week of lampworking. Not up to yours but I am happy with them for a beginning. Sorry for the quality of the scans.
Patch

Foofaraw
03-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Ok, so I can barely see the pictures as the sun is shining directly on my screen, but what I can see looks fabulous!!!!!

Here is something I've been working on for my Child's Play series. I finally got the heads down, now I need to go and work on the bodies. The one that looks googly eyes is supposed to have glasses on.

BeadGlam
03-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Good morning! Beautiful beads everyone! Here are my show and tell beads for Monday. Heather

McDuck
03-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Great beads everyone! -Mary

georgepavliscak
03-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Great beads today, very inspirational. I finally got off my butt and took some marble pics.

rebeccacharles
03-22-2004, 09:48 AM
so sad, spring break ended and i have to get ready for school in a few minutes...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0143-1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0141-1.jpg

travelin'gal
03-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Here's our's for the day.

Deanna's working a lot on florals and they're really coming along!

Greg's creativity is again on the loose!

The skull is a Grateful Dead inspired bead.

Have a great bead day!

Greg and Deanna

Adriana_S
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
BEAUTIFUL work everyone!!! I can't comment individually like I usually do because I have to get to work here myself and I stole a few seconds to toss this bad boy into the thread. . .I got bit by the focal bug a few days back and here's what happened! Happy Monday everyone!

Moth
03-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Some beautiful uses of silver today! Nice and bold too, I like that!

George, I have a crocus blooming out front that looks just like that first marble. Nice touch of spring frozen in glass.

Lentils galore and they all have such nice movement going on in them.

Great work everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

~~Mary

Backyard Beads
03-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Loretta....I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that. Very interesting and quite beautiful.

mhartjen
03-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Great S&T everyone! Loretta ... love the shape and texture of those beads! Deanna and Greg ... love your stuff! George ... great marbles! And Rebecca those boro beads are luscious! Here are a few of mine ... Marna

AlexM
03-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Wonderful beads and marbles everyone!

I'm finally back in the groove! Here are a couple of recent sets:

SonyaHusko
03-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Lisa, you made me click! Luckily for my PayPal account you didn't have anything listed. But.....I'll be back :evil:

And Marna, my dear, GORGEOUS as usual. I really like the purple & opal yellow one!!!

Here's another boro set with a word charm. The two focals are by Chris, and those really difficult disc beads by me :p

Foofaraw
03-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh Marna, you just had to have that dicroic ripple on ebay didn't you??? Well, now it's mine!!! Well, hopefully, the rest of you Mine, do you hear me, Mine, stay away!!!!

Cole
03-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Great beads, everyone! I don't come to the showcase that often, but when I do come, I'm always amazed.

Here is my very first Teddy Bear Bead... I used to collect Boyd's Bears, and I still have my bears from when I was a baby! You can bet there are going to be more bears coming from my torch.

meh2purple
03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Wonderful beads and marbles everyone!

I'm finally back in the groove! Here are a couple of recent sets:

Alex,
I was just looking at your rose lentils this morning on Ebay. Very yummy and just gorgeous!! :clap:

Mary

thewildbunny
03-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Lentils, and marbles, and bumpies, OH MY! Everything looks so wonderful. I love the teddy bear! Alex, I love your rose lentils. I am so lentil-envious at the moment...

Gosh, I almost hate to put anything up, but I will, in case someone's got some feedback for me...

Lori Peterson
03-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Beautiful work, everyone! Marna - OMG! Make me drool, why don't ya?
Here are two from me - first, Pink & Periwinkle Doodles and next - triplet kidlets.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Mar-2004/12192-pinknperiwinkdoodles1.jpg

BabsW
03-22-2004, 01:50 PM
The first 3 or 4 are beautiful but I will have to come back later for the rest.

Some of you like the story behind the bead but if you don't you can move on now :)
A grandchild, on my Brookie side of the family, has been critically ill and on life support for 8 weeks. Survival was measured in minutes, not days, Jessica is only 15 and she has two younger sisters so it has been horrible for everyone...at least she was in a coma and didn't realize the danger she was in. She gradually improved and is now in rehab but still on breathing therapy. She has survived and slowly getting back to normal. (She had "walking " pnuemonia that took a wrong turn).

Everyone is so relieved and I made the girls and their mother hearts as gifts to celebrate her recovery. I can't get a good photo of their mom's clear crystal heart though. These are their school colors, simple but suitable for their ages.

Barbara

I didn't realize at the time that these are such small jpegs. 13Kb on one. Please tell me if the quality is bad on your monitor. Thanks

isle-of-cats
03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
:clap: Great beads everyone!! :clap:

Lisa, you beads always blow me away!!

Ad, that is an awesome focal, your talent just keeps growing!!

Here is my very first set! All I have done before is bead by bead, all different colors and styles… I finally made myself make a set… And also the flower the set was inspired by… I love making beads!!

Kalera
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
OMG, what incredibly beautiful beads today! Wow, I missed the show-and-tell... <sob> it's beautiful! I couldn't stay away.

Here are a few sets from the past week:

donner
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
What a fun and whimsical thread today...Aliens, Teddy Bears, Kidlets...beautiful florals and marbles..something for everyone!

the odd 'Amber Rose' color arrived and I had to give it a spin...

"Taos"

softbleu
03-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I love that first one Loretta but they are all great.
Beautiful colors and swirls, Briatha.
Awesome range, Lisa.
Wow, Petra neat combinations.
Great work, Patch.
Too cute, Jenn.
Great pattern, Heather.
Way cool marbles, George.
Wow, Rebecca, those things are hypnotic.
Hey Greg, it looks like the Wiggles in outer space LOL. Great work.
Adriana, how'd you do that!
Marna, those flowers are so real looking!
oooooh Alex, are you selling the flower ones?
Sonya, very elegant.
Nicole, what a cutie.
Your lentils look like real turquoise, Bunny.
Love the kids, Lori.
Our prayers are with you, Barbara.
Great colors and great inspiration, Nichole.
Kalera, I hate to ask how long they took. They're great.
I always get bead envy when I see your beads, donner.

Ok. here's mine.

Christy

Katiefl
03-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Love everyones beads tonight.

Heres a little set of my own...

softbleu
03-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Great set, Katie! :clap:

Christy

CLabora
03-22-2004, 09:18 PM
As always very beautiful beads!!

So for those of you who read my thread asking about lentil makers -Here is my first set of Lentils!!! After researching lentil makers I decided to buy the tongs sold by Kiki beads. They made a nice focal size lentil - and Kiki was great to work with! And then I was lucky enough to come across a CBS, which I used to make these. Lentil world here I come - and to my Lentil mentor - you are fabulous girl Thank you for all your tips and help!!

Hal
03-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Here is a turtle I made the other night. It is mostly clear boro with accent colors.

Not showing the troll yet. But I did it on my first try. Thank goodness ugly is what a troll is all about! :D

Hal

ritabead
03-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Fun beads today. Spring has sprung along with our creativity, it seems.
Ohh Lori, can I get a shake to go with those chicken McKidlets? And " Do fries go with that shake"? George wants to know. Rita