PDA

View Full Version : What happens when DH is left alone...

beadlemania
03-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Words of warning...not for the squimish... :D

How about going downstairs to get your beads out of the kiln, pulling out the mandrels... and finding these things in there.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2004/21601-robot.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2004/21601-robot1.jpg

This is what happens when you go away and you leave your (non-lampworking) DH at home for a couple of hours. Usually he shows little interest beyond admiring my finished work...but while I went shopping for a bit...between basketball games on TV he decided to light my torch and goof around for an hour to see what lampworking was like. :evil:

Thought you all might get a good laugh. :p

bluelizzy
03-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Ha ha, pretty cool. Be careful, you may end up having to get another torch if he gets hooked. :p

acorns2oaks
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
maybe you need to put him to work.....

nice stuff for a "non-lampworking" DH!!!

I'm guessing that mine might play one day, he stands behind me and watches from time to time.... :rolleyes:

DebbieSue
03-22-2004, 12:23 AM
That's an awfully cute little penquin for a non-lampworker! :D

Debbie

Moth
03-22-2004, 01:17 AM
That's an awfully cute little penquin for a non-lampworker! :D

Debbie

Yeah! Methinks he has snuck some glass before!! Stinkers. Hehehe

~~Mary

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Suz01
03-22-2004, 01:18 AM
I have decided there is something about guys that helps them make great glass beads - I kow females are supposed to have good hand/eye co-ordination, but I have seen so many good beads from first time guys lampworking. My DH's first beads was perfectly spherical, and a friend was pulling twisty stringer and trying lots of shapes in his first week - I hate that they make it look so easy! There is no way my sculpturals would look as good as those now - well done! :)
Suzanne

beadlemania
03-22-2004, 01:19 AM
:cool: I thought the penquin was cute.... I know DH would stand and watch over my shoulder once in a while so he must of been paying attention to things like rotation of the mandrel. As far as that thing in the middle.... uhhh... he says he was going to make a bottle and it got messed up so he turned it into a robot with ski goggles. :D I was impressed that he was able to make those stringer arms and kiln them without breaking them off. He also made a guitar complete with strings but I can't get it off the mandrel and one of the strings cracked off when it came out of the kiln.

Alan Cross
03-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Hey he did pretty good he must watch you very closely lol.....
Alan :)

Feuervogel
03-22-2004, 05:39 AM
As far as that thing in the middle... {snip}... he turned it into a robot with ski goggles. :D

Well, it's a total success ;) That's what my first impression was -not the robot part - but some ski freak out with his ultra modern goggles :)

And the penguin is adorable:clap: But still, not sure if I'd want my s-o to take THAT much of an interest . Don't want to say good bye to my bobcat ;)

Jessica

meh2purple
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Ohmigosh!! Those are priceless!!! I love them! I think that is so cool your DH decided to help himself to the torch while you were away. :D

Although, I do have to day that I wasn't thinking arms on the 'ski person' at first. I was thinking breasts with some sort of 'Madonna' thingies protruding from the nipples. LOL ~Shame on me for having a dirty mind!! hee, hee.

Mary

beadlemania
03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Ohmigosh!! Those are priceless!!! I love them! I think that is so cool your DH decided to help himself to the torch while you were away. :D

Although, I do have to day that I wasn't thinking arms on the 'ski person' at first. I was thinking breasts with some sort of 'Madonna' thingies protruding from the nipples. LOL ~Shame on me for having a dirty mind!! hee, hee.

Mary

That is too funny Mary!! DH will crack up on that one!

Cassie

BeadGlam
03-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow! Those are some beads for a non lampworker! Put that man to work:) Heather

Tink
03-25-2004, 12:52 AM
I have decided there is something about guys that helps them make great glass beads - I kow females are supposed to have good hand/eye co-ordination, but I have seen so many good beads from first time guys lampworking. My DH's first beads was perfectly spherical, and a friend was pulling twisty stringer and trying lots of shapes in his first week - I hate that they make it look so easy! There is no way my sculpturals would look as good as those now - well done! :)
Suzanne

I completely agree with this. It used to be infuriating. LOL! Prairieson has moved on to off hand work, so he pretty much leaves the torching to me these days. He NEVER struggled to make a round, centered bead. Weird...

KetchikanSculptor
03-27-2004, 02:13 AM
So Cool! Hope DH get brave like yours did! Looks like he should be making penguins or puffins!