PDA

View Full Version : Some new pieces *warning image intensive*

LilKitten
03-21-2004, 11:08 PM
All are Acrylic, using Golden Fluids in a marbling technique.

Mytosis, Dark Nebula, Mutation, Posiden and Nymph and Sun over turbulent sea are their respective titles. 11 x 15 on Stonehenge printing paper, using an Alum Mordant on Carageenan.

LilKitten
03-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Also in this series is "invasion" and "Angel rising" in the same context/type :)

Comments greatly apprecaited

lilkitten the marbling kitten

arourapope
03-21-2004, 11:11 PM
I think your head's been hangin out where my head's been hangin out lately. I like these a lot. Intensive, indeed. Thank-you for posting them.

arourapope
03-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Oh YAY. Two more. You must have been posting them while I was posting. I love that black one. Very much so.....

Tamana
03-22-2004, 05:13 AM
You're starting to talk in that third one; in the fourth you're starting to dance...
Very interesting technique; push it to the limits and see where it leads you.

VieSaintSo
03-22-2004, 09:42 PM
birst of life. i really enjoy this! :)

LilKitten
03-23-2004, 09:42 AM
I think your head's been hangin out where my head's been hangin out lately. I like these a lot. Intensive, indeed. Thank-you for posting them.

You're welcome. I'm finding this marbling/abstraction technique to be very freeing from the tedious linocuts and pen and Ink work. It's very freeing to actually be painting on water (or as close as I can get).

lilkitten the waterly painting kitten

LilKitten
03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Oh YAY. Two more. You must have been posting them while I was posting. I love that black one. Very much so.....

*grins* Dark Nebula has been getting the most attention - it's got that rich black feel and a few white bits. Glad you liked :)

lilkitten the spacefaring kitten

LilKitten
03-23-2004, 09:47 AM
You're starting to talk in that third one; in the fourth you're starting to dance...
Very interesting technique; push it to the limits and see where it leads you.

I intend to - I've been mixing it up with my linocuts for some fascinating mixed media experiments, see http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172795 for details. As a painting medium of its' own, Marbelizing has some pros and cons, I'd like to start working 1/2 and full sheet in it and see where it leads me - double elephant sized images would be very cool as well...

lilkitten the thinking big kitten

LilKitten
03-23-2004, 09:48 AM
birst of life. i really enjoy this! :)

Thanks Vie :) I'd finished them a while back, but didn't quite where to go with them :)

lilkitten the learning kitten