PDA

View Full Version : Nursekatie's Encased floral tutorial results

nicker
03-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Katie....a huge HUG :clap: :D to you. I suck at florals especially encased and your tutorial resulted in this bead. I am so thrilled it really helped me out. I love this bead, it reminds me of a trip I took to Raroutonga a few years back. It's not perfect by far but way better for me than past ones. I can't thank you enough :clap:

Alan Cross
03-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Good for you it took me quite a few beads to get that....now do more and more lol....
Alan :)

Carriebug
03-22-2004, 04:44 AM
I could never do florals until yesterday!! I was running around acting all crazy and had to show DH what the fuss was. Florals were just something I could never do, and now I can't stop! Thank you Katie!!

Jazzylily
03-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Where can you find this Tutorial? :angel:

Pauline

Carriebug
03-22-2004, 06:14 AM
It is mixed in with Sat AM Show and Tell, Nursekatie calls them her cheater florals!

Someone will come along and post a direct link soon!!

Carrie

Carriebug
03-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Here is the direct quote:

The florals are my "cheater" florals.
Base is soft pink, encased with transparent pink. I then use my vine stringer, melt that in, then white dots, melted in then ruby gold over the white dots, melt those in, then poke the center and melt out the holes!! They almost look encased without the hasself of encasing them!! I make them with any color, the key...........opaque base with the same color transparent over that.....AND....a transparent over the dots for flowers. It doesn't have the same effect to just use opaque alone for the flowers. If you want white flowers, just use clear over the white dots!!! ( I also keep the shape of the bead at each step or I am at risk to distort everything)

Hope I am allowed to do that!
Carrie

KetchikanSculptor
03-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Katie....a huge HUG :clap: :D to you. I suck at florals especially encased and your tutorial resulted in this bead. I am so thrilled it really helped me out. I love this bead, it reminds me of a trip I took to Raroutonga a few years back. It's not perfect by far but way better for me than past ones. I can't thank you enough :clap:

Very NICE!!! Hope I get that good soon!