PDA

View Full Version : armegeddon: aftermath

zardoz
03-21-2004, 11:26 AM
this is supposed to be part of a series on end times prophesy , something I have become interested in over the past year .I'm still not sure what to make of the things i learned in my younger days and I still have a lot of studying to do trying to piece together the different prophets to come up with somethng coherent that i can understand . In my own mind I can see a final battle but my own mind can be decieved so I am trying to find all scripture relating to the subject. trying to seperate 49yrs (for a few more weeks anyway) of hearing what others believe and what scriptures say is hard sometimes .
this is 20x16 oil on canvas wip . I got stuck here and not sure how or if to finish this painting before starting the others . don't know why i started with the climax

Paintbrush74
03-21-2004, 08:29 PM
The river of blood. You certainly captured a sense of loneliness. It kind of unsettles me, which is good. This needs to be unsettling. Good job.

I've been to your state a couple of times. Beautiful country over there.

Rosic
03-21-2004, 08:56 PM
The texture adds to the drama of the piece.
Rosic

sassybird
03-21-2004, 11:13 PM
The desolation with the river of blood is powerful. I would add some really dark black her and there along the river to indicate things that once lived, but are no longer. I see a burning city in the background, and some spirits rising. You would not need to make it realistic or very big, just an impression that will pull the eye into the painting more.

zardoz
03-22-2004, 08:49 PM
The desolation with the river of blood is powerful. I would add some really dark black her and there along the river to indicate things that once lived, but are no longer. I see a burning city in the background, and some spirits rising. You would not need to make it realistic or very big, just an impression that will pull the eye into the painting more.

I see this as the end of a four or five piece series so i may not do anything until I see what the "previous one looks like " lol

gnu
03-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Ditto for the comments so far..just want to say..you really captured the right colour of blood you know!! I studied someone's arm yesterday after the blood had dried..and it was much darker than I would have thought...
all the very best for the series...give pple something to think about...