PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3/21 Wearable Art Show&Tell

Dagg
03-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Hello to all!

I think, great work all!!! Really!
I like this new forum a lot.
Today I am going to start a new thread with my rings.......
Hope you like it?!?

DonnaBee
03-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Daggy, they are extremely beautiful, I have never seen anything quite like them.

They look as if they would be very comfortable to wear.

Do you take you own photos? I love your photography style!

DebbieSue
03-21-2004, 10:22 AM
They're beautiful, but, wow, they look like a lot of work went into them... They must take a while to make, huh? :clap:

Debbie

jacki
03-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Very beautiful! Gorgeous color, and such perfect workmanship :clap: :clap:
I'm sure they attract lots of attention when you wear them ! :)

Alan Cross
03-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Great job they sure look like a lot of work....remind me of kniting.
Alan :)

Shirley C.
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
daggy, these are wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nolly
03-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Your rings are beautiful; I can't wait to see more of you work. Are they crocheted? I've been wanting to learn wire crochet, just one more thing on my list!

Nolly

snootyvixen
03-21-2004, 01:45 PM
*Phew!* I lost "us" for a while - had to follow another thread to find out that wearable art now has it's own forum - wooohooo!!!

Daggy - your rings are fabulous!!! Looks like there's a lot of work involved!

I made a "plus size" charm bracelet with some of my black and *pick a color* lampwork beads, vintage button, furnace glass, sterling wire, Hill Tribe fishy,etc.

I can't work out why my photos have started looking bad when I reduce them. I always "sharpen" after reducing the size, and I never used to get jaggy edges like I do now - any suggestions?

Vikki

Beads-Me!
03-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Those rings look wonderful! And Vikki - great bracelet. I'll play today - I finished this waaayyyy too late last night - but I wanted to see how it would turn out! I'm having alot of fun making necklaces - something new for me...

And I'm with you Vikki - all of a sudden the picture thing is just not working sharply for me... :( Durn it!

mjcall
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I can't work out why my photos have started looking bad when I reduce them. I always "sharpen" after reducing the size, and I never used to get jaggy edges like I do now - any suggestions?

Vikki

Vikki

I always sharpen just prior to sizing for web. Sharpening will emphasize any pixilation you are getting. Without knowing what photo-editing program you are using Im not sure what else to suggest.

Have you changed the resolution you are shooting at on your camera?

M_

snootyvixen
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Vikki

I always sharpen just prior to sizing for web. Sharpening will emphasize any pixilation you are getting. Without knowing what photo-editing program you are using Im not sure what else to suggest.

Have you changed the resolution you are shooting at on your camera?

M_

Hi M_

No, haven't changed the resolution (using Mavica FD-73 edit: make that FD-83! ), but I think that this has been happening since I upgraded from PSP7 to PSP8.

I generally sharpen after resizing LOL! I'll try it the other way around and see what happens.

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!

Vikki

Nancy - beautiful necklace, btw!!

beclectic
03-21-2004, 03:33 PM
<snip>

Vikki

Are you starting out with originals that have less dpi. I find that anything less than 600 dpi just doesn't hold up when reduced. What are you using to reduce your pics.? I use IrfanView a freeware program. It resizes using a special filter that maintans the quality of the original. It resizes as well as compacts so that you get a really quick loading picture. I like it a lot but all it does is resize, it doesn't let you edit. You have to do all the editing in another program of your choice, save the work and then resize. I've found that sharpening a picture can sharpen the graniness as well and the more you sharpen the grainier it gets.

You picture looks good to me not jaggy at all. What a beautiful bracelet and oddly enough goes quite well with Nancy's beautiful necklace.

:)
~>Barbara<~

DonnaBee
03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Vikki, I very much love that bracelet.

Nancy.... gasp! That's a stunner!

mistymade
03-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Daggy!!! Those rings are gorgeous!!! They are so unique, I hope you will show lots more! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vikki, I love your bracelet!

Nancy, your necklace is gorgeous! I love that focal piece!

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Great job today all! I've been in Canada most of the day, so I haven't even sat at the bench today.. :( But it sure was nice to get out of the house and leave Ian with a sitter for a little while! LOL.

Anyway, off to relax for a bit!

~Danielle

ringslingin
03-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Daggy, LOVE those rings! My fav is the red & silver one. Now, you MUST tell me where you got that metal tin the ring is sitting in!

D

Dagg
03-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks to all!

In the beginning it was a lot of work....*outch*
But i cant stop now making rings. :D
After a short time, they really very comfortable to wear.
And surely all women love the attention! :D

Nolly- yes ist crocheted and I made the pics. I mostly use sterling wire a small size. But now here you can buy also colored wire. Red,green,purple and so on.....

beclectic
03-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Dagg, your rings are fantastic. Your crochet is much tighter than the other crocheted jewelry items I've seen. I really like that effect in your rings.

~>Barbara<~

Retta Gates
03-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Here is a "spring" necklace I am proud of... I thought about ebay-ing it but I haven't had much luck with that in the past... :rolleyes:

I hope I can get this to upload....

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Dag, gorgeous rings, I love the weaving and beads intermixed.

Retta, that necklace is superb! I love greens and browns.

~Danielle

McDuck
03-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Beautiful Jewelry everyone and I love those rings Daggy!