PDA

View Full Version : Sunday show and Tell

Virginia L.
03-21-2004, 04:26 AM
WOW, it is an hour and a half into Sunday, and no show and tell, well I love to start them...expecially when I cannot sleep...got a big slug in the heart by my family today...boy, anyway, at least I got some good beads made or beads that I like anyway - first a couple of "fiesta" colored beads, inspired by my southwest style gym bag, and then an Easter bumpy dot bead - I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday - God Bless you and keep you well - Virginia L.

xoticbead
03-21-2004, 05:39 AM
Virginia
Nice beads, I really like the colors of the Easter Bumpy, I don't have anything to share I'm To lazy to go get them off the mandrels and clean them up. However like you I couldn't sleep so thought Id check in and see who else was being a night owl,
Liz

Moth
03-21-2004, 07:39 AM
WOW, it is an hour and a half into Sunday, and no show and tell, well I love to start them...expecially when I cannot sleep...got a big slug in the heart by my family today...boy, anyway, at least I got some good beads made or beads that I like anyway - first a couple of "fiesta" colored beads, inspired by my southwest style gym bag, and then an Easter bumpy dot bead - I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday - God Bless you and keep you well - Virginia L.

Virginia!!!!! You ARE going to enter that Easter Dot bead into Corina's monthly challenge, right????

It gets you a chance to win a digital camera!

~~Mary

Jacinthe
03-21-2004, 07:44 AM

Viriginia,

Your beads have advanced with leaps and bounds! Your dots are getting so good and even. I hope as well that you are putting that Easter Dots in Corina's Bead Challenge.

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

PS Can't wait to see more beauties!

nursekatie
03-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh I agree....your dots are getting more even!! That easter dot is awesome!!

Here are a few things I have been working on........

Moth
03-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Oh, and Virginia...if you want to send me that Easter Dot bead to fondle, err...I mean take a picture of it for you...hehehe

I would certainly not object to that. :p

~~Mary

rmg
03-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Virginia! your beads have improved in leaps and bounds! I think that star bead's just perfect! I've discuvered the thrill of making vessels; thes are all boro clear and fumed.
Rachelle.

CD Lampwork
03-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Here's mine and Deanna's from yesterday. Warning! The last one is a little risque...hehehehe.

Greg

DebbieSue
03-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Another beautiful blonde! :D

Debbie

toozygoot
03-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Virginia - I just love those, especially the brighter colors!

Katie - I always love what you do and these are no exception!

Rachielle - the colors in your beautiful vessels are just yummy!

Greg - Wow! Love the florals and that last one is eye-popping! ;)

I've been making lentils with bright happy colors. I may never make a round bead again! :eek:

pat

toozygoot
03-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Ooops! Here's my contribution!

pat

Lisa Jordan
03-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Wow Greg, those lips are great and I love that you left some open space between the hair and the neck on the right side, very natural look.
Virginia, your Easter bead is so unique, I love it

Virginia L.
03-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone - I am going to enter into Corina's bead exchange, I will try to get that one in...........Love everyones work today, the one needed that little "hiny" on it though, LOL, a little to vivid for my Sunday before church, but I will survive...anyway, I posted the pictures below that I am planning to enter in the challenge, I really would like to win that camera, I sure need it, thanks for offering, but I will try to get my 35 mm to take a decent enough picture, I am going to see if I can get a composit picture of the beads below, I will try to get the Easter bummpy photographed in time to go in with them..it is kinda hard, since I don't drive, but I might be able to accomplish it...needles to say I need that camera, the camera, an oxygen concentrator, money to go to the gathering, money to visit my grandson...I think these beads better go out and get jobs and pay for themselves...Oh, ya, that is what eBay is for, I hope - thanks for all the encouragement, it means more to me than you can immagine - God Bles - Virginia L.

Jamn!
03-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Virginia Those are all awsome!! Great work!
Katie I think your bicone shapes look wonderful! I like the colors too especially the last one!
Rachelle those are so cool! I love fumed beads! :)
Greg You have me speechless! what can I say?? Your flowers are very pretty!
Pat Those are very nice lentils!
Viriginia You have been very busy today!!

I just got back last night late from Vegas. I took a class with Leah Fairbanks!! :) Had so much fun! I will try and get the pics posted sometime tomorrow!

koregon
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
A gorgeous sunshine Sunday here....thought I would drop in and show ya all some more lentils...ya I know...can't help myself...sorry :rolleyes: but they sell so darn well....someone has to pay for our cruise :D Have a great day everyone! and thanks for sharing your pretties

Briatha
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Virginia lovely fiesta star and Easter bumpy! The second posting of beadies is wonderful too!
Katie breathtaking eye candy! You are giving me the urge for some SIS ;)
Rachelle spectacular vessels!
Greg awsome beadies! Your blonde sculpture is amazing!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Aug-2003/12438-eyepopping.gif
pat luscious colors on those lentils! Welcome to the lentil addiction :evil:

Briatha
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Kaye you snuck in on me :p
Your lentils are exquisite!!
You are my lentil inspiration and I want to say *THANKS* for the lentil addiction because it is sooo much fun :clap: :clap:

snootyvixen
03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
I picked up a box of stained glass scrap from a local SG shop (15lb for $8, can't beat that!) - and it had some glass in there that I'm not sure of the name - it's like it has little colored pieces fused into it.

Anyhoo - I decided that it might make nice beads, so, here's a hollow & some spacers, and a sample of the glass.

OK - off to look at everyone elses beads!
(edited to add the "unedited" picture - I've been having fun playing with the background remover tool in PSP and I just can't stop removing backgrounds!)

Vikki

Alan Cross
03-21-2004, 02:09 PM
This thread each day has to be one of the most inspirational threads on WC!
Great job everyone who adds to it each day....
Alan :)

Lara
03-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Lovely beads everyone. I'm going to single out Rachelle and say those are some very very pretty vessels. Love them.

I'm calling this bead SLEEK ORGANIC. It is made with lt murano ivory, dark moretti ivory, intese black and regular black on the ends.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2004/10029-sowcok.jpg

of course the cat had to help with the picture taking.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2004/10029-SOG.jpg

Lara

Juliesprin
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Lara...I loves your beads!

rhapsodyfirebeads
03-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Wonderful beads today guys!!!

Sooo Greg............go ahead and tell us what's on your mind...hee...hee...
Nice hooters!

~Suzy~

Linnea
03-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Great stuff today everyone
Here are mine

Foofaraw
03-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh wow guys, everything is beautiful!!!! Virginia, that bead better make it into Corina's challenge!!!! And Katie, I love the bead with the blue! I tried your technique last night and this is what happened!!!! My second picture is a hair clip that I made with my daisy beads.

nursekatie
03-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh wow guys, everything is beautiful!!!! Virginia, that bead better make it into Corina's challenge!!!! And Katie, I love the bead with the blue! I tried your technique last night and this is what happened!!!! My second picture is a hair clip that I made with my daisy beads.

Wonderful Job Jenn!! They turned out lovely!! It is a great technique for those days when you want a floral and don't have the patience to encase them!! :D

SonyaHusko
03-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Lara, that happens when I try to take pictures too! They could ignore me for hours, but as soon as the camera comes out, they want to be right there to see what I'm doing. Today one of them tried to take off with a strand of beads. Luckily Chris was there to stop him, I've had one cat take off with a nice shiny necklace I was photographing (while I was in on the phone) and I have never found where she hid it.

Enough of my boring cat stories! Besides being addicted2beads, I'm addicted2cats too. Here are a couple new boro sets. I have a customer who wanted to see some bigger sets, so I've been working on it~

Hal
03-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Couple of pictures of three of my marbles. I am still having trouble taking the photos, so forgive any errors. . .

Hal

Hal
03-21-2004, 08:57 PM
And one of my hollow beads from a while ago. . .