PDA

View Full Version : Another feather, Timberwolf

featherlady
08-28-2001, 12:54 PM
Here's another peacock feather, this time with a timber wolf... trying to improve fur texturing and overall appearance. I didn't get his eyes quite right...too wide, he looks rather shocked! LOL
Background in Photoshop.

YLCIA
08-28-2001, 06:13 PM
He does!:)
It is very interesting art. I would never think about using feathers for the painting. I like it very much .

Julia

bug
08-30-2001, 02:20 PM
I think I like this painting better then the fish but I like the background you used with the fish better. Your eyes must be killing you!:eek:

Jacko
08-30-2001, 05:23 PM
WOW! Absolutely stunning! I thought the fish was great and here we have a dog too. Your work is amazing and I envy you the wonderful eyesight you must have. Keep them coming.
Jacko. :clap:

vallarta
08-30-2001, 07:37 PM
The work is nice...and shows great control of the brush. I wonder how you mount it. The eyes are fine....
Myles

featherlady
08-30-2001, 10:32 PM
I recently mounted three for a wedding gift in a large shadow box ( see http://featherlady_99.homestead.com/pnw.html ), mainly because Aaron Bros. was afraid to touch it. I strung clear filament through the back of the feathers, through the stems, and tied them in place through tiny holes in the matt board that wouldn't be visable once framed. LOL, necessity, the mother of invention and all! I'm going to explore other means and see what works best.

Featherpainter
01-13-2002, 12:26 PM
:) Nice to see another featherpainter. How long have you been painting on feathers? I'm fairly new at it and find it fascinating! Barb

Caron
01-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Wow! Featherlady this is incredible!! I am new to WC and did not see the other featherpainting that the others are talking about. I would think congatulations are in order for this work! I cant even begin to imagine using a feather as my canvas. How does one do the brushstrokes without the feather'hairs'moving away from you??
Caron

amanda
01-14-2002, 07:18 AM
I've never heard of featherpainting before but if it was done here I would imagine that it would be used for the tourism industry. I know that if I saw a feather with a painting on it over there, as a tourist I would buy it if I could afford it. Just gorgeous painting methods by the way, nice work. :D :D :clap:

Wolrab
01-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh my, your featherpainting is wondrous. I think this is a very original and facinating. How long does it usually take you to complete a featherpainting?

wardseward
01-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey featherlady. That is awesome!!! I've never seen feather painting before, but I'm hooked. I want to try it! Where can I find more info on this?

I live by a park that is full of goose and duck feathers (and crap...hehe) and could be set with feathers if those kind work.

Please let me know! Thanks.

Caron
01-14-2002, 07:33 PM
This thread made my curiosity check out your website. Very impressive work!! What an ingenious idea to use as a canvas!! I think you may inspire others to try!:) But you never did tell me how you keep the feather hairs from moving as you paint??
Caron

mf.sutton
01-14-2002, 08:32 PM
wow this is remarkable, how on earth do you keep the feather from separating when you are painting - mike:clap:

Wolrab
01-15-2002, 09:08 PM
This is very facinating and original artwork. Once again fabulous.

huggy
12-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Your work is amazing to me, I am really interested in trying my hand at this for hubby's den. I just don't have a clue as how to start or what to use on them so start. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Huggy

Leaflin
12-30-2002, 05:35 PM
WOW !
What a lovely piece.
I'm going to have to find your other one :)

SilverLady
02-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Check out this site.

http://2feathersstudio.com/

SilverLady

PthaloBlueGirl
02-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Last year,?, when I was watching the Halloween Holiday Monster Movie Fest on AMC they showed old newsreel like stuff in between the old timey bmovies. One of the segments was on an older lady who painted on spiderwebs. Not kidding!! It was really neat. Since then I have tried to get more information but cannot find anything about it. Not even from AMC.

The painting is nice. I used to collect feathers because I thought they were all beautiful on their own.

:-))

Mich451
02-25-2003, 11:17 PM
there really are a good number of feather painters out there. An interesting ground.

PthaloBlueGirl
02-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Here is a web page about feather art. Has a large link section at bottom.

http://www.geocities.com/felicitax/Art.htm

Would still like to know how it is done though.
:-))

Leslie Pz
02-26-2003, 08:56 AM
WOW
This is amazing! I think this is the first feather I have seen of yours; I couldn't believe my eyes! How unique, well done and interesting!!!!!

Is it hard to do? How large are the peacock feathers you paint on? Where do you get the feathers?

Simply wonderful!
-Les