PDA

View Full Version : Abstract with gold

Spyderbabe
03-20-2004, 05:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/23281-goldfoil.jpg

all comments welcome

Pilan
03-21-2004, 01:36 AM
I love this. It shows great use of space. It seems to need lighter lights, but it could be my monitor. the gold is wonderful too.

ZOTMA
03-21-2004, 10:12 AM
reminds of a floating, emergent character (chinese)
like the visual for a spoken word
wispered but strong and important
particularly signified by the gilding in the pronunciation
I like

TeAnne
03-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Lovely painting but I'm not liking the gold. This painting would work without it. :clap: :clap:

arourapope
03-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I like what you've got here a lot. I like the leaf a lot. I wonder if maybe less of it would be more, though. Or integrated in with the paint more.... something. I love your use of space, though.

Tamana
03-22-2004, 05:21 AM
I've been looking at this since you posted it trying to figure out exactly what is niggling me about it. Of course photos (especially of metallics and leaf etc.) are so difficult to capture with certain materials because of their reflectability. So, I'm not certain that what we're seeing is in actuality how it is; but, looking at it now it appears that the leaf is somewhat dimensional and hard compared to the smooth soft surface of the paint. I didn't want to say I didn't like it (the gold), because I believe it adds form to the body; however, I will agree with Aurora suggestion regarding perhaps a bit less of it.

Then again, it could be the glare from the photo producing the over-powering effect too.

surreal
03-22-2004, 07:44 AM
I like this piece alot.
I especially like the juxtaposition of hard shapes against soft shapes.
:)

Spyderbabe
03-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Thank you all for your comments...
the gold is a bit lumpy and I think I do need to integrate it more. Not sure how. I'll just sit and stare at it for a while and then one day attack it again. I don't want to loose the lightness of it but I think the darks need to be developed with the gold.

VieSaintSo
03-22-2004, 09:51 PM
like it a lot, just exacly the way it is. i enjoy the "thickness" of the gold.
the soft colors around, the lines, all of it. :)