PDA

View Full Version : chat thread for today?

jnet11
03-20-2004, 11:26 AM
happy spring, you green onions!

I'm feeling super delicious this morning, got my monthly meeting of all things going on in kc today- a great group of thinking people doing all sorts of good in the world ... it's spring (um, here :))and I partied all winter.

I'm so happy to have the ab/con forum ... so many great posts this morning! you all bring so much joy to my world, you wildflowers, stars and moons, poems and cocoons.

to tam, especially, for her fair and wild heart; to mame, for her wonderful food; to my betrothed, for her heh I'm open to all; to michael for being the dream alive; to amy for her dedication and spirit; to aurora, for bringing the past to us, to ej, to lizzy, to fractalfingers, to all the new lovelies that grace our basement ... and to everyone else I've momentarily forgotten.

ok, I'm feeling sappy, but I wanted you all to know how amazed I am to know you ...

i love you,
jeanette*

Tamana
03-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Omg!!! I SWEAR TO GOD I was just thinking of something like this!!! I am SO glad you did it!!!!

The sun rose gloriously through my windows this morning. Its long fingers maticulously painting over my bed to a pathway floor to a zigzag wall only to disappear as a boomerang across the ceiling and back through the window again; as though it had exhaled warmly through the ice-thaw of winter's cool skin, as a whisper to us in our sleepy beds, a reminder written long ago by a Master far ahead of us all:

" O sweet spontaneous
" earth how often have
" the
" doting
" [......] fingers of
" prurient philosophers pinched
" and
" poked

" thee
" ,has the naughty thumb
" of science prodded
" thy
" [...]beauty[.......how
" often have religions taken
" thee upon their scraggy knee
" squeezing and

" buffeting thee that thou mightest conceive
" gods
" [....](but
" true
" to the incomarable
" couch of death thy
" rhythmic
" lover

" [.....] thou answerest

" them only with

" [..................] spring)"

-- cummings, ee

([...] mine to maintain form)

And what smiles befell our faces as though with its actions the boomerang inhaled from us all our season cold, leaving us only with the dawn-dampness of a newly thawed hope.

I love you too, J'nice!! You paint the world as beautiful as you yourself are painted. And to all you little spring chickies and newbies...this forum is so much more than a place to show art if you allow it to be. It's full of mastery and mystery, vented anger and expressive explosion, making-up and new inspiration, sharing and secrets: in short - a family who always welcomes the eager new blood within its arms to nurture. :) You can choose to embrace their advice and experience (thus saving you many steps, much money and aggravation), or you can proudly go your own way. They'll still always be here.

HOOZAH!!! It's Spring! :D

(Don't know about the rest of you guys...but this has been the LONGEST damn winter of my life....)

arourapope
03-20-2004, 01:07 PM
It has been a long winter! Course I was kinda used to the Georgia winter. Tennessee winters last a little bit longer (and there's a cold snap coming through tomorrow too. Geeze.) But hey! Happy hoppin Equinox to you beautiful peoples! I spent the morning in the studio, and I'm about to go out and play with my son and his new butterfly net in the yard. Enjoy the day.
I love yous.
A

mame
03-20-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm scared...... :confused:

:music: Feelings. Nothing more than feeeeeelings.........uh......................mmmm.................................??????................... :music:
(been so long I forgot the words)

arourapope
03-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Somebody give Mame a big old smoochie! :D

Tamana
03-20-2004, 01:33 PM
:music: :music: Feeeeeeeeeelings, wo-o-o feeeeeeeeelings, :music: :music:

hahahahahahaha Good Gooooolly Miss Molly!!!! :D

I thought the cold front had hit here too, Aurora; but then I stepped outside to take out the trash and realized it was warmer there!!! hahaah my bloody apartment is like an icebox retaining the cold after the power has gone out!! So, I opened all my doors and windows to let the heat in. LOL

Winter is an obstinate baby that spring will rock to sleep. shhhhhhhh ;)

Tamana
03-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Somebody give Mame a big old smoochie! :D

Where's those damn big lips she flaunts when you need them?!!

Gar
03-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Hugs and Kisses. :D

mame
03-20-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108089&stc=1

Mich451
03-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Must be a spring fever love fest.

The only thing blooming here in the snow country is what is on my dining table. A flower for the equinox for all of you.

ZOTMA
03-21-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm late
yesterday was a darn good intro to spring tho
35 mile solo ride at sunrise; horsefields and desert outta town iced with wildflowers, the air heavy with their scent.
street fair in the sun complete with music, sights (arts/crafts), and falafels :D
then a birthday party in the park
love those kinda days
hope it's warming up all over
and the butterflies are out for little boy's nets
and huge lips are smackin with spring fever

Gareth
03-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Pardon me if I piss on this parade, but I'm giving up smoking (again) and feel like cack. Everything is foul. The smell of flowers makes me want to vomit, the sun gets in my eyes. At least in winter it's normal to spend all day indoors. A 35 mile bike ride and a street party, what are you on drugs? Spring can take a long walk off a short pier.

I wish I could swear on wetcanvas.

It would rhyme with clucking bell.

Or hunt.

I hate you all.....

Gareth
03-21-2004, 11:49 AM
....really I do....

Gareth
03-21-2004, 11:50 AM
..........well, some of you are alright I suppose.

Tamana
03-21-2004, 12:23 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Mar-2004/18021-lips.gif

mmmmmmmmmmwah, Gareth! Tee Hee!! :angel: :cool:

I stopped smoking almost six years ago after about 22 or so years of it!! Good on you!!! You'll feel like a different person by this time next year!! :clap: :clap:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmich....yellow. sigh. That photo is excellent. A bees-eye-view of spring and love (bzzZzz). That flesh of petal is palpable. It's turning beautiful here today now that the morning rain has stopped!! Supposedly up to 60 or so!! yay!!

sue ellen
03-21-2004, 12:51 PM
what a beautiful love fest....brought a tear to my eye this morning!

mame
03-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Who ARE you people?

Where's crawl space thong boy when ya need him?

Tamana
03-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm an Eskimo right now burrowing in!! Hey Aurora!!! Have you got 'it' there? It's bloody freezing here and that wind will rip right through you like a razor. That baby's pitching a tantrum!!

arourapope
03-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Geeze, no kidding! It's your fault, Tam. You left your windows and stuff open and let all that cold out into the open. :p It's only supposed to last a couple of days, though. Hang in there.
Brrrrrrrr

Bisco
03-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Feel like cack?
what the what

Tamana
03-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Geeze, no kidding! It's your fault, Tam. You left your windows and stuff open and let all that cold out into the open. :p It's only supposed to last a couple of days, though. Hang in there.
Brrrrrrrr

Ha!!! I BELIEVE it!! Bloody ice-box!! But the flip side is that I barely have to run the air conditioner in the summer because it stays so cool. My power bill is heavenly while my upstairs neighbor is burning up and running theirs continually!!! Sure glad it's warmer for twice the months that it's cold. le'brrrrrrrrr

(there's NOTHING like waking up at 4.30 am and NOT being able to go back to sleep... :rolleyes: )

arourapope
03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
They're saying down to 13 degrees tonight. Stay warm.

Tamana
03-23-2004, 09:53 PM
I was already snuggled under my covers. Fixing to hibernate again. Blah.

Still brrrrrrr 30's here. All week in the 40's then rain they say they say. Then, I have a feeling, spring. Yay! (again)

Stay snuggled.

gecko 1
03-23-2004, 10:20 PM
:clap: :cool:
thank you all for letting me hang out. I will, soon I hope, post a couple of paintings I've been working on. So far I'm not sure how to do it.
Happy wonderful spring to each one of you.
I live in sunny Mexico, but spent 25 yrs. in Montana so I know the wonderous joy of spring.
Thanks for the EE Cummings. I've sent it on to Montana friend.

Tamana
03-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Nice to have you here, Gecko. :) Look forward to those paintings. ee is a god all unto himself... I lived in New Mexico for a bit; loved the weather: hot but not humid - Paradise.

arourapope
03-23-2004, 11:32 PM
I messed around in the dirt today after it warmed up. I feel it comin. It's not long now.
I planted a superbly red hollyhock.

Bisco
03-24-2004, 12:42 AM
whered the cheese go?

ejfarrae
03-24-2004, 10:05 AM
he came out yesterday afternoon. a straggler i found on a water oak in november. brought the little green guy home because the first cold snap was coming (and plus i was feeling a little sad because all the caterpillars i had raised all summer had spun cocoons then come out as fuzzy Io's and Polyphemuses [polyphemi?] and flown away). i could tell by his size he still had a few weeks to go before spinning, so to the living room he came and lived the good life for a few weeks. fresh branches every couple of days, no cold pre-winter rain and all the tv he cared to watch. finally he had reached maximum density and after a two day gorge fest of nonstop eating he spun his egg shaped cocoon, and back outside he went to spend the long winter (well, not so long here ;) ) on the porch.
then yesterday afternoon i found him crawling up his branch, stretching those furry legs and amazing antennae and unfurling to dry his beautiful wings. i sat in the sun and watched him and thought about spring and how absofreakinglutely overwhelming and awesome nature is. i felt happier than i had in a long time.
then i stumble onto wetcanvas this morning and find this.
jeanette, your the best!
you all are. :clap:

as for the little (well, pretty big now) guy? he hung around till just after dark and then flew away to begin his 5 day quest for immortality. one track. no more eating or molting or metamorphisizing. just lookin for love.
like us all.
good luck buddy...

heh
03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
a handsome one

arourapope
03-24-2004, 01:49 PM
EJ, he's beautiful! What a proud papa? midwife? er..... metamorphosizing facilitator you must be. How cool.

Tamana
03-24-2004, 02:06 PM
You done good, ej

i sat in the sun and watched him and thought about spring and how absofreakinglutely overwhelming and awesome nature is. i felt happier than i had in a long time.
then i stumble onto wetcanvas this morning and find this.
jeanette, your the best!
you all are.

:)

as for the little (well, pretty big now) guy? he hung around till just after dark and then flew away to begin his 5 day quest for immortality. one track. no more eating or molting or metamorphisizing. just lookin for love.
like us all.
good luck buddy...

bzzZzzt :cool:

sue ellen
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
all the tv he cared to watch.

I was wondering ej....what did he watch? ;)
I'm thinking "Law and Order"???

ejfarrae
03-24-2004, 06:42 PM
lol sue ellen.
law and order was a mainstay, but an awful lot of the animal channel as well. ;)

arourapope
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
You let the poor little fellow get exposed to all that disgusting mating behaviour? :eek: :D

Tamana
03-24-2004, 07:31 PM
*Order in the Court*

I bought film this evening. In the morning, I shall take photos of the first completed work of my new series. Yay! Then the second might be finished tomorrow night. Another yay!

Just....yay!

Tamana
03-25-2004, 09:30 AM
OMIGOD!!! It's soooooooooooowarmandbeeyotifuls!! :D Yay!! :clap:

heh
03-25-2004, 09:43 AM
jnet if i could sing, i would serenade you,
and you would float dreamily up
like a sacred snake from the enchanterís basket
far up into the stars
past novas and light years of sadness
until all that surrounded you was love
butterflies and bees;
a springtime in eternity

mame
03-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Bone tired.......art is hard work
How does Louis Bourgois do it?
.......oh yeah, I forgot.......14 young, nubile, cutey boy assistants doing all the lifting and welding and re-arranging and stuffing and molding and packing and installing and lost-waxing.....

and......a $125.00 an hour accountant to do the taxes

jnet11
03-25-2004, 10:06 AM
ej: that moth is makin my day:0

I went to an art show last weekend of a guy that had spent 25 years paintings moths - John Cody ( http://www.johncodygallery.com/html/creative___the_paintings_of_jo.html ) he's a skillful painter.I can't believe I started this thread, then couldn't make it to wc for a weekk :) you all are chocolate fudge sundaes and lovers in the park

tam, that is my FAVORITE eecummings poem, heh, you are a time traveller and a delight

Tamana
03-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Bone tired.......art is hard work

AND distracting!!!

:eek:

Taxes?! I KNEW I was forgetting something! ;)

J'Nice - cummings was a god I swear...I love his art too. So playful. Those Chinese moon moths are beautiful...yellowummmmm.

Mich451
03-25-2004, 10:57 AM
You know where I stand-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125935&page=2&pp=15&highlight=cummings

Tamana
03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
LOL!!! Yeah, me too!!

*faints*

tee hee! GAWD I'm restlezzz today!!! I want out. Out. OUT I TELL YOU!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Mar-2004/18021-squirrel.jpg

Tee hee :D Sumbody found him a honey bear!