PDA

View Full Version : drawings, contemporary and abstracts

voltman
03-20-2004, 11:00 AM
hi,

wondered what it would give if i pop up a link to my drawings i published in drawings and sketching, Believing it is interesting to learn the vieuws of the contemporary and abstract forum

here goes: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175008

thanks in advance for waiting the thread to load,

:D

jnet11
03-20-2004, 11:10 AM
flipping awesome!

ignore all other forums and post only here from now on (lol)

I don't want to miss any of your posts.

I like how the technical skill rings through these, but they are still so emotional. A perfect fusion of expression and craft. do you paint as well?

voltman
03-20-2004, 11:15 AM
geeeze that was fast; hi jnet11!

yes i paint, mostly on pc now a days, but working to buy canvas and get started in real time; nothing beats the smell and taste, lol,, of the real thing,in near future i will post some of them. Thnks for watching and replying jnet :)

voltman
03-20-2004, 11:28 AM
btw jnet ,also i aboslutely love ur moth transition, painting; great metaphorical poetry there, somehow it reminds me of the works of beckmann; glad i found it :clap:

ZOTMA
03-20-2004, 07:09 PM
ummm, wow
those drawings are breathtaking
I'm really diggin the stretch between the tight anatomical rendering and the falling away into transformation, the ambiguity, unique style.
the technique is solid
I'd like to see more, I agree with jnet, post here!
and how about some paint for our eyes?
welcome

voltman
03-21-2004, 07:43 AM
that is a great welcom, thank you Zotma and jnet again.

I will post here, and keep checking this forum, will be a while before i show some paintings but in a few months i will be ready for that. I just started working on painting again, first i needed to sort out my drawingskills,

Once again ,i am very happy for your generous welcome, hope to read and see everything that goes on here;realy love ur website and work, and that of ur fellowartists envolved there,

see you soon,

Igor

edwardmartin
03-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Hello Voltman !!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the drawings....very reminiscent of the drawing studies of the High Rennaissance artists.
In my opinion, the drawings and sketches are true from the connection of soul and the paper. Which at times is lost once paint is applied.
Your abstraction & composition is right on the money !!
Thank you for sharing your work.
Edward

muchfoolishness
03-21-2004, 07:01 PM
great drawings
i can feel the pull and twist and effort
the striving of flesh
reaching trying

TeAnne
03-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I replied in the drawing forum. I'm blown away :clap: :clap:

Tamana
03-21-2004, 08:35 PM
o O I wub kussen!! It's like something ghostly from the past crossing your peripheral vision for a brief instance...

You have a wonderful range of loose openings and deep mysterious cross-hatches and tight interlocks like sinews writhing amonst each other until there's no where else to go in form.

voltman
03-23-2004, 11:55 AM
thank you so much edwardmartin, muchfoolisness, teanne, tammana for the lovely comments ; have to take time tho to read carefully and google-up some of the expressions that are not even in my dictionary, i will do that later but for now i am on thight timeleash. Thanks again for the important feedback.

ordie4
03-23-2004, 01:36 PM
v-man,

by all means, keep'em coming.
very impressive work.
i wish i could draw like that!

o

Smileawhyl
03-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Exceptional, classical, liquid, dust, quiet, frantic, whispered, grunted, great!

arourapope
03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
I hope you keep posting these. They are very evocative, almost frantic.