PDA

View Full Version : Fun With Faces

CD Lampwork
03-20-2004, 09:35 AM
As many of you who watch the daily S&T know, I've been working on faces lately. It's one of a handful of ideas I come back to every so often to see if my skills have progressed. The last couple of days have been something of a breakthrough. They're starting to look like something other than just charactures. I'm still not up to doing portraits, though I am working on it. I'd be interested in seeing others versions of heads and faces as well. I know the Boogers do some incredable heads....so show 'em!

Here's mine from the last two days. The first two are from Wed. One is an attempt at Dan Husko (Kaye's husband), not quiet there but a "male face" which I rarely do. (Yes Kaye..I really only do beatiful women like you.:D ) The second is based on Jullian Moore. The third and forth are from yesterday. I was working on whole head structure so the one's from yesterday are more fully 3d. Hope you like 'em! I think they go up tomorrow or the next day. I really don't know our e... schedual any more :p

Greg

craftylady
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Greg those look great. I love the detail. How in the world did you make the teeth?

CD Lampwork
03-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I made millifoire for the eyes and mouths. It helped a lot with the fine detail.

craftylady
03-20-2004, 10:28 AM
They look great I really enjoy seeing your beads.

mistymade
03-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Very cool Greg! The teeth give them a realistic feel. I love the second one from the left, she has a kind look on her face.:D

Artaholic
03-20-2004, 01:04 PM
:clap: :clap: Nice work Greg. Did ypu work from a murrine that you made ?

CD Lampwork
03-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Yep, I make all my own murrine.

DebbieSue
03-20-2004, 06:23 PM
All are great but that blonde is especially beautiful! :clap: Great job!

Debbie