PDA

View Full Version : Sat. A.M. Show and Tell

xoticbead
03-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Well it's 12:15 here and I can't see any other show and tell . I've never started one of these. Well here's what came out of my kiln this evening. Sort of an odd color combo. Coral ( the orange stuff) Ivory and Olive. I think I need to add a few more olive spacers to balance them out. What do you think
Liz

Teri.p
03-20-2004, 03:41 AM
Nice set Liz - I especially like the focal! yes, I agree with you, I think a couple more olive beads would look nice.

I've been practicing my shaping. I was working on this bead, marvering it into submission, when I was struck by the shape - and decided I liked it just the way it is. two views of the same bead.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/23019-Image001.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/23019-Image002.jpg

Teri

xoticbead
03-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Thanks Teri, Yes the more I look at this set the more I think a few more olive beads would help it 100%, I agree with you, your bead rocks, sometime we just have to go with the glass and let it be
Liz

nursekatie
03-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Xotic! I love that color combo (my logo bead is that color combo!!) Silvered ivory really works well with those colors also!! I agree...add a few olive spacers!!

Teri......awesome bead......Great shape!!

It is dark and raining here....I was hoping to get some pics this morning....oh well....here are a couple things I have been working on.........(excuse the fingerprints...I was in such a hurry to get pics when I had a little light left that I neglected to wipe off the fingerprints :rolleyes: )

Foofaraw
03-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Ohhh, looking great.

Liz, neat color combo, and yes a couple more olive spacers
Teri - that is such a neat shape, reminds me of something you might find on the beach!
Katie - oh how I love your beads and that pink floral is gorgeous, what is that base color??

Ok, here is mine, way off base from you guys, but I was making a gift for a little girl and went a little crazy, I have dozens of these guys hanging around and I love them!!!

grrrr, server to busy, server to busy, didn't they just upgrade the darn thing!?!?!!?

nursekatie
03-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Jenn those are soooo cute!!!!

The florals are my "cheater" florals.
Base is soft pink, encased with transparent pink. I then use my vine stringer, melt that in, then white dots, melted in then ruby gold over the white dots, melt those in, then poke the center and melt out the holes!! They almost look encased without the hasself of encasing them!! I make them with any color, the key...........opaque base with the same color transparent over that.....AND....a transparent over the dots for flowers. It doesn't have the same effect to just use opaque alone for the flowers. If you want white flowers, just use clear over the white dots!!! ( I also keep the shape of the bead at each step or I am at risk to distort everything)

Foofaraw
03-20-2004, 08:37 AM
hmmmm, I'm gonna try that today, thanks Katie!

toozygoot
03-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Liz - nice set! And yes a couple more olive spacers would do the trick!

Teri - that little twist to your bead is neat!

Katie - gorgeous florals!

Jen - those little flower faces are just too cute!

More! MOre!

pat

BeadGlam
03-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow...those beads are hot! Liz, I like the color combination...red and green are comlimentary colors on the color wheel! Teri, awesome shape and colors! I've been into shapes lately too. Katie, those pinky/peachy beads are to die for and I love the shape of your other bead!! Jenn, you're happy flower beads are just too adorable for words:)

Well, here is my most favorite set this week! They took me 2 hours to make and I work quite fast. Lots of layers and detail which I hope shows up in the photo. Have a wonderul day!!

Heather

RobynT
03-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Heather...I love that color combo and those beads are gorgeous!!!!

Katie...thanks for sharing how you did those beads. They are so pretty!!!

Teri..sometimes its best not to fight the glass and let it do what it wants. I love the shape of that bead!! I'm glad you decided to leave it alone!

Jenn..those flower beads are so cute!!!! Very happy looking!!!

Liz...I really like that color combo! I agree that some more olive spacers will help balance the set out! Nice work!!!!

Kimberly Affleck
03-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Better photos of those tiny dot beads! I really like these! I am going to do more in some different colors! Fun to do!

kybeadmaker
03-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I already posted these on a Spring flower thread...but I am so happy to be back making beads (in my not done studio) that I just had to post them again. Pansies are here so Spring can't be too far away!! The orangy bead in the center of the pics with just a couple of beads is really a button. Great beads today! Katie..I love your color combo!!
Happy

koregon
03-20-2004, 11:29 AM
yummy beads today you guys....
Liz...lovely set!
Teri, cool shape...I was thinking the other day how water colors would look great twisted...might have to try that now that I have seen yours..thanks!
Katie Katie Katie...you blow me away each and everytime I see your show 'n tells...I think its time you get back here and play with me in the studio!!! Hopefully during GS we can have a bit of time here and there for you to stop by.
Jennifer...those are adorable...whimsical and so spring!
Heather...you always do such beautiful color combo's
Kimberly...I dont know if I have ever seen such a small size bead from you, those are awesome!!!
Harriet...someday...someday I will own some Harriet beads...I keep trying! nice to have you back...I missed you!
here are a couple dichro focals of mine, they are both good size...thanks to Marna and Kimberly I have learned what a big bead is...before that I had no clue LOL
Have a great day everyone...Oregon Coast is suppose to have glorious weather this weekend, so as soon as Dan~O gets back from golfin, we are heading out for the day on the Harley!

nicker
03-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Yummy beads all!!!!

Katie I LOVE that floral...but it's not in your ebay...wwhhhhaaaaa. Thanks for the mini tutorial I may have to try making one but it is lovely!

nursekatie
03-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Yummy beads all!!!!

Katie I LOVE that floral...but it's not in your ebay...wwhhhhaaaaa. Thanks for the mini tutorial I may have to try making one but it is lovely!

Thanks Guys! The florals are not in my ebay because they are being made into birthday gifts...sorry!!

Kaye...for sure I will be over in the fall to play!!! :D

jujeebeads
03-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Lots of beauties here today! Kaye, I love the silver and the colors in your beads!
I posted this last night in the "Spring" thread thinking that was todays S&T...oooops :rolleyes: now I get it. (red wine, late at night, etc..)
Anyhoo, this is what I made for the dot challenge.
have a great weekend!

Judy :cat:

mhartjen
03-20-2004, 01:54 PM
It is a wonderful way to start the day looking at all the goodies. Kaye ... those are just beautiful! Nurse Katie ... lovely florals! And Kimberly ... I didn't know you made small bead. Well, here is one of mine I just had to share ... Marna

Briatha
03-20-2004, 02:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gif Stunning eye candy everyone!!

Katie thanks so much for telling how you make those luscious florals!

double S
03-20-2004, 02:40 PM
lovely beads everyone.
mys latest, a periwinkle set and my "ort cloud" set
Lisa S

manda j
03-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I am just starting lampworking, but do a lot of beadwork. This is a bead crochet rope done in various metallics, with moveable sparkle rings made with Swarovski crystals and delicas and one lampwork bead I made and like. Technically not good, but I like the colors and shape.

Katie- I love the flowers and thanks so for the tutorial!
Jenn- the fleurs are so cute and I love the ladybugs! Some little girl will go crazy over it.
Heather- Your shapes and colors are just yummy- almost art deco.
Kim- I love the dots and great etching and color combos.
Marna- Love, love, love that bead!
Harriet- Love the colors. Are they etched as well?
Kaye- The pink with dichro (I think) is to die for!

Manda

dougremo
03-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Lots of great work everyone!! I especially like the "Ort Clouds" very ethereal.
Here's my latest a boro set with a monster focal. "Flourite Fantasy"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/12871-faux2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/12871-faux3.jpg

Lisa Jordan
03-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Jenn, love the happy florals, my daughter would go crazy! Kimberly, amazing detail on such small beads, loved the hand shot. Marna, yum!! Katie, thanks for the tip, I'm going to try that and I never make florals. That is as far as my memory goes back with the pictures not in the review.
Here are some more lentils, liking the CBS more and more...1st set is using apricot 00 frit, I love the color, 2nd "set" is just some lentil trials paired with an old "lentil gone bad" drop. And lastly, a couple of lentils that I liked the closeup on. Please excuse my hogginess!!

Denise K
03-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Too many here to mention everyone, but the ones that really stood out are Jenn's very cute flowers, Nurse Katie's flowers and Lisa I love that first set.

Here's one from a couple of days ago.

midniteburner
03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Gorgeous beads you guys!!!

Here is my humble offering for this Sat.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Mar-2004/12611-318-4.jpg

Sara