PDA

View Full Version : SPRING IS HERE!!!!! Spring S&T

bluelizzy
03-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, at least it will be in a few hours according to my calendar.
I got into the floral, sculptural mode today.

Now, everyone show all your spring things.

RobynT
03-19-2004, 10:06 PM
OMG...those are jaw dropping gorgeous!!!

I would love to know how you did the calla lily...my mother loves calla lilies and I would love to make something for her that includes them...

Those are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Briatha
03-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Tracy they are drop dead gorgeous!!! :clap: :clap:

Schooner Girl
03-19-2004, 10:37 PM
I am trying to spring forward and upload photos on WC
hope it works:

Gisele

bluelizzy
03-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Thank you Faith and Robyn. I have more fun making sculpturals than any other kind of bead. I love calla's too and I try to find the easiest way to make things and have them still come out looking like what they're supposed to be.
First make a base bead out of green for the leaf look. Add a really big dot of white and smash it flat. With masher tweezers, pinch the edges of the dot making it look like a U. At the end that you want to be the top of the flower, pull a point with a rake or stringer. With a yellow stringer add the middle thingy(what ever that thing is called, I'm not a botanist :p ) and fold over the edges of the dot. Add what ever other green you like to make it look finished and taa daa, Calla Lily. :D

thewildbunny
03-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Tracy, those flowers are fantabulous! I'm in awe, and I'd love to have that talent. I'm drooling over the dafodills (sp?). Makes me wonder, has anyone ever tried tulips?

hmm...

Great job! :D

LLuvia Brito
03-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Tracy, beautiful sculpted flower work!

Here are two sculpted flowers in boro, a Dahlia and a Sunflower

kybeadmaker
03-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I am in a spring mood too...just got some pansies !!!!
H

jujeebeads
03-20-2004, 12:17 AM
WOW! Tracey~ those flowers are beautiful!!! Really well done! Thanks for sharing the how to's too!
Gisele~ Beautiful bead! Reminds me of tropical water!
Lluvia~ Your boro flowers always amaze me! very pretty!
Harriet~ pretty colors and a fun set of beads!

my contribution is my entry for the dot challenge. I made this "sea urchin" to use for the top of a wine stopper. The colors looked fun so I continued to make more beads and this is the result!

Happy weekend!

Judy :cat:

Foofaraw
03-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Tracy those are the cutest thing and are right in line with mine, well sorta of!!!!! Spring is trying to creep into the north east but it just keeps snowing, so I'm going to spread these around town!

Jacinthe
03-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Everyone AMAZING work today! I can't remember all the pics, but I know there were flowers and lentils and etched things. I know what I'm getting myself when my tax money comes back. Etch-ALL!

Thanks for keeping this slightly fogged brain inspired. I'll be taking it easy this week, gotta rest after my surgery. Not silly stuff like biking ;)

Hugs from Healing Holland,
Sarah

BeadGlam
03-20-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm really loving all the sculptural beads everyone is doing! Liz, I love your color combinations! The bright pink of white is a great contrast, and I always am a fan of yello! Harriet, you can send those beads to me at....lol....very beautiful indeed! LLuvia, gorgeous flowers! Gisele, that focal is just fantastic! Well, here is my little springtime contribution. Heather

BeadGlam
03-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Oooh....Jenn, you know I love your happy flowers! Judy, I love your "sea urchin" beads! H

Libby L.
03-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Wow you guys those are some nice beads. Great job everyone. Tracy those flowers are amazing. Make mine look like poop. Hey thats a new one Poopy flower beads. I dare anyone to copy those :evil:
The Libster aka Libby

AutumnH
03-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Great beads! This is the first place I go each morning, thanks for keeping my creative juices flowing, even when I can't torch!!

Libby, I believe you copied those poopy flowers from me. Should we compare icky pictures, roflol!

lepoppet
03-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi Guys!
I'm celebrating spring with some new finished pieces. My cactus necklace and a periwinkle twist.

Enjoy!

Maria

maureen
03-20-2004, 09:56 AM
wow! just lovely............after three days of snow, i need spring!!
here's mine...i'm trying to get out of the bead rut i'm in...new shapes etc.
i'll get there eventually....maureen

jujeebeads
03-20-2004, 12:42 PM
my contribution is my entry for the dot challenge. I made this "sea urchin" to use for the top of a wine stopper. The colors looked fun so I continued to make more beads and this is the result!
DUH! Sorry, I thought this was Saturday S&T. sorry :)
I will go make pretty floral beads and post later!

Happy Springtime!

Judy :cat:

Lara
03-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Pretty bead everyone. I like all the flowered ones. I have a set here I'm calling spring plaid.

Lara

double S
03-20-2004, 02:42 PM
2 S&T threads so I guess I will post in both ;)
beautiful beads everyone
my periwinkle set, and "ort cloud" set
Lisa S
missed that spring part :eek: oh well I guess periwinkle is a spring flower does that count, spring in space set maybe :D

Noah
03-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Tracy, those florals are gorgeous! Of course, daffodils are my favorite flower, so maybe I'm a bit biased :D

gwacie
03-22-2004, 02:35 PM
What a lovely thread :). The sun is out, There are flowers in wc!, ahhh, Michigan embraces spring....

Of course I've heard rumors of snow showers tomorrow but let's just pretend that won't happen.....

Thanks all for the lovely spring eye candy.

Kalera
03-22-2004, 03:00 PM
I've been away for a bit, but I can't resist the showcase... I LOVE the showcase... and this spring thing is irresistible! All the gorgeous springy beads... wow! Thanks for sharing the bright, bounteous eye candy!

Spring and warmer weather always lure me into breaking out the pretty, pale transparent colors, so this is what I've been up to: