PDA

View Full Version : glass engraving

MALARKEY
08-28-2001, 04:02 AM
An old engraving I did on a mirror with a modified dentist drill. Sorry about the poor photo but it is hard to photograph a mirror. Thanks for looking, Sandy
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2001/mssix.JPG

Gerak
08-28-2001, 05:10 AM
Lovely girl!
A dentist drill ? Byyyyyyyyeeeeee....
LOL

sassybird
08-28-2001, 07:58 AM
Mal, this is wonderful. I have never seen engraving like this done with anything other than acid. You were very brave to do this piece. You did a great job :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leaflin
08-28-2001, 05:57 PM
Sandy
This is great.
You must have the patience of a saint.

I bet it felt strange when you did her teeth.

feather
08-29-2001, 11:46 AM
This must be your daughter at an early age, and what a great rendition. What a great thing if you photographed her now, looking into that mirror.

reynolds
10-15-2001, 02:09 AM
this is unusual and your daughter is so sweet:clap: i thought i was adventurous thinking aobut an air gun--now a dentist drill is really wild. your work is always gorgeous and i learn just looking at it.

impetuous
10-18-2001, 11:43 PM
This is great Malarkey!

A few questions... How on earth did you manage to photograph a mirror??? :D and where did you get a dentist's drill?:D also, did you engrave the front or the back of the glass?

MALARKEY
10-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the comments... I bought this drill so long ago I don't even remember the company name... Something I found in a Car and Driver magazine. the drill handle is about the size of a regular magic marker and the bits are the same ones used in dentist drills. The parts drilled is like sanded glass... it shows white , the front of the glass is drilled. When I did glass engraving, I did car windows, glass cabinet doors, gun cabinet doors (too many 8 point bucks) lol