PDA

View Full Version : Friday 3/19 Show & Tell

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Good Morning all my creative friends!

Where is everyone this morning?? I wanted to sleep in, but my little sea urchin didn't let me. He had his finger in my eye saying, "MAMA!" LOL.

Anyway, here's the first bangle of the day, hot off the bench!
It's focal is a Kenyan Batik Bone bead with smaller supporters and some Bali silver and Grecian spacers.

More to come, and happy creating!

~Danielle

Batik Bangle:

TheBlueBetween
03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Ok, I have to go order some fat wire now because your beautiful bangles are driving me nuts! :clap: :clap:

I get torch time today and I think I'm going to try to make some little disks to go with my new wire.... :evil:

Did you learn from Connie Fox btw? http://www.conniefox.com/ she's got some wonderful tutorials on making bracelets like these - and some great design advice too - not that you need it at all: http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/pcc_bangle2.html

Ok, off to spend some $ :rolleyes:

Pam

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Pam~

LOL, thanks for the compliment! Actually, I order a lot of things from Connie, and I taught myself wire basics just using her tutorials from Lapidary Journal articles.

She's great to talk to and will answer any question you throw at her, which is a real testament to a secure artist. Not too many ever are willing to share techinques for fear of everyone copying them.

I'm trying really hard to branch out and discover my own niche, but it takes a little time. I'm a bead hound, so I'm always on the lookout for new and creative things to incorporate into my jewelry.

Hope you have fun buying wire! I'm about broke after my last shipment. /sigh Anyway, if you're going to buy wire, I haven't found it any better priced than at Connie's site. She's got just about any kind you could want.

Cheerio!

~Danielle :D

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Gawd, I'm starting to feel like a thread hog today! Where is everyone?!

/sniffle

Ok, well, since I'm working away at the bench, here's this afternoon's finished product!

Arizona Garden Bangle with etched minis lampwork by AMR Glassworks (one of our own WC glassies), a green ceramic focal, Hilltribe stamped oval, Bali silver and Grecian Raku and spacers.

Whee! :D

~Danielle

glitterbead
03-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Danielle - that is gorgeous! Where do you get the Greek raku beads???

McDuck
03-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Very nice danielle! -mary

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 02:12 PM
GB~

The ceramic Raku beads are from Greece. Here's the link to the company that sells them. Wholesale only though! If you need a retail link, I think I have one for you, just PM me.

www.Mykonosbeads.com

Happy Drooling! They have great stuff.
:p

~Danielle

Shirley C.
03-19-2004, 02:53 PM
hey there, thread hog! :D :evil:

danielle, just kidding, of course. very nice bangles, deary - now i'm going into bangle withdrawal. i'll have to make another one later today - haven't made one in ages. i got some antiqued naga shell beads at a bead show a week ago just for that purpose - now to find other stuff to go with. that's the fun part!

so last night, i finished up the jens pind ankle bracelet for my hair stylist - yay! - and i had lots of links left over. so i put this bracelet together with some of my left over beads (they're hollow). it won't sit right on the scanner, but you get the idea. i'm just not sure if i like it - i'll probably take it apart and do something else. the jury's still out on this one.

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
LOL...Funny lady...a real stand up comic. /wink

Anyway, I was seriously in bangle w/d, that's why I'm cranking a few out. I haven't made anything but linked and brangles in forever. I'm psyched to finally get some nice ones out.

Love the Lampwork in that bracelet, Shirl, but I have to agree; I'm not sure if I like the links with it myself. I think it needs something a little more substantial. But then again, that's just my personal preference. I always like lampwork with a bit stiffer foundation. Hehehehe. If that makes any sense. /sigh MOMMY BRAIN! :rolleyes:

I'm missing all our fellow posters today...

/cracks whip!

~D.

beachbeads
03-19-2004, 05:26 PM
How cool, just saw this forum happened. Here's a necklace I made this am with one of my ocean moon beads. Sheila

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Beautiful, Sheila. Do you make a lot of those moon beads? They're quite striking.

~Danielle

backroombeads
03-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm seeing some really great things here. This piece is made with czech seed bead peyote stitch around a piece of picture jasper that my friend Jim Redhawk painted on. Can't wait to see more from everyone! Pat

beachbeads
03-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks, yes, I make alot of moon over ocean beads, I have a view from my studio for inspiration!

Nolly
03-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Guys, this is just what I need to get me going ... Danielle, the bangles are inspirational ... I have a project to finish and I have just the beads and silver I need to make a bangle. I learned from LJ and Connie Fox's site, too.

I don't know what day it will be, but I'll post whatever comes off the bench. Time for those boxes of beads to yield!

Nolly

eyeskatermum
03-19-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm so excited about this forum! I've had a very busy week at work so I have not had time to melt or string. Here's a picture of my daughter in a dress I made for her to skate to "Chorus Line" in. I made the entire dress and did the beading as well. There is over 10 gross of crystals and beading on the dress.

DonnaBee
03-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Danielle, Shirley, Sheila, Pat, Debi: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

glitterbead
03-23-2004, 03:21 PM
GB~

The ceramic Raku beads are from Greece. Here's the link to the company that sells them. Wholesale only though! If you need a retail link, I think I have one for you, just PM me.

www.Mykonosbeads.com

Happy Drooling! They have great stuff.

~Danielle

HAH - I thought so!!! I worked for that company for less ten weeks. They are in Boston (Jamaica Plain, actually).

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Hmm, so are you telling me that this company doesn't get their beads from Greece? That they're misrepresenting themselves? If that's the case, then I'm going to have issues with them.

Please clarify before I lose my redheaded temper. Hehehehe.

~D.

glitterbead
03-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Hmm, so are you telling me that this company doesn't get their beads from Greece? That they're misrepresenting themselves? If that's the case, then I'm going to have issues with them.

Please clarify before I lose my redheaded temper. Hehehehe.

~D.

Fear not (and I'm a nasty tempered redhead myself) - the beads are indeed from Greece!!! As a matter of fact, I believe that she is the exclusive US source for most of her Greek ceramic bead inventory. Other shops and places that carry these beads HAVE to purchase from her!

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-23-2004, 04:41 PM
WHEW!

/wipes the sweat from her brow, thinking she was going to have adjust all prices on the site or start disassembling bangles...

LOL!

~Danielle