PDA

View Full Version : Friday 3/19 Bring on the Goodies Show & Tell

Briatha
03-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Hmmm 2 days in a row...I'm on a roll :D
More lentils...what else...I'm addicted!
Neshwan #2 is a set of Sky Blue and White
Tsa a set of Streaky Pink and Black

NYCindy
03-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi Briatha!

Lovely lentils! :-) That streaky pink is just gorgeous! :-)

Here's the amber rose with silver foil. The foil was much thicker than the leaf. It gives the glass more of an amber color in places while the rosy color remains near the outside of the bead.

Have a great day, All! :-)

Johanna Stephenson
03-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Great lentils you two earlybirds!

Carriebug
03-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Faith-I am so in love with your lentils!
Cindy-I think I need to see that one in person to get a better idea! :D

I have been away from the torch for about 5 weeks, so thought I'd start back in pretty easy. These are just silvered ivory stringer and then spot encased.

KathyB
03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
My friend owns a beadshop in Ft Myers and she complained to me that all the lampworkers she buys beads from are lentil crazy! heh heh heh :)

Great so far!
Briatha& Cindy wonderful lentils..
Carrie- very very pretty!

Here's mine. I've been taking a metalworking class and combining my glass with metal:

KathyB
03-19-2004, 08:05 AM
opps. :rolleyes:

Foofaraw
03-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Great work today guys!!!! And umm I've always been crazy, but now I have a reason, lentils!!!!!!

Here is the set that went up on the bay last night. I haven't taken pics of what came out of the kiln last night yet. I always seem to be running a day behind!

glassmama
03-19-2004, 08:19 AM
Great beads! I love em all!

Here's a change of pace for a moment. This platter is going to a show tonight. My photos make it look flat. The first picture show the colors better, the second was back lit. It looks much better in person.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/22329-smMVC-001F.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/22329-smMVC-002F.JPG

Aline

CD Lampwork
03-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Good start today...as usual. Here is my contribution, a pretty face. The two others are Deanna's, a hollow focal and and iris bead. Have a good one, Greg

lvideki
03-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Wow... great start this AM... but I am suprised there aren't more posts!

Briatha and Cindy.. LOVE the lentils, and I love the SIS beads. Sometimes simple is the most elegant effect.

Cool pendant, Kathy...

Cut froggies Jen

Love the face Greg!

Awesome platter Aline... I just got a bigger kiln for fusing. IT is actually a pottery kiln that I am retrofitting. Can't wait!!

Here is my contribution... some boro sets. Hopefully these will sell better than my boro lentils!

Les

Moth
03-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Looks like there are many people around here who have been thinking out of the box lately!!!

That sculptural stuff just boggles my mind.

Here is my only bead from last night. :rolleyes: I spent a good 45 minutes making twisties and special canes for a bead I have in my mind, but made this one to warm up. Then my husband comes knocking to tell me my daughter was crying and when I got to her she had a 102 degree fever. I am so SICK of SICKNESS!

Anyway, here is the bead.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/24464-blueyellofocal.JPG

~~Mary

Studio-1-F
03-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Here is mine. New camera! Yeehaw.

Jan

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/12504-log_spiral_sm.jpg

rebeccacharles
03-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Here's a quick boro set while I'm running off to the torch...enjoy, Rebecca
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/11383-04-01-0138-1.jpg

Jewelia
03-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I am wowed by you all this morning.....I've got myself some Tapcraft lentil shapers..going to se them tis weekend...can already see it will become an addiction.....Greg...that face!! Nice teeth!!!!

Lately I am ALL over the place....as you will see below......hugs to all...jewelia :D

Jiley
03-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow, guys thanks for such a great start to the morning!!

All the kids will be home this weekend so no torching for me! :clap: :(
Here is a new pic of my new favorite

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/10090-5c.jpg

Patricia Edwards
03-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Beautiful beads everybody :clap: :clap: One question, I am still a newbie, what makes a bead a lentil? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Pat

jujeebeads
03-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Briatha~ Beautiful lentils! Love the pink & black
Cindy~ Gorgeous amber foil bead!
Carriebug~ Nice silver working
Kathy~ Cool bead design!!
Jenn~ Love the froggies!!
Aline~ Beautiful plate! I thought it was a marble until I started reading :)
Greg & Deanna~ Fun work as always!
Leslie~ nice boro beads-I like the dots!
Mary~ Beautiful floral! Hope your little one feels better :)
Jan~ Pretty bead!
Rebecca~ Nice boro beads as always!
Jewelia~ Very bright and pretty beads!
Jiley LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shell!! :clap: I have made a few but nothing quite like that! Beautiful!

I am giving my fish a shot on ebay. I have made so many and they are just sitting in a box :rolleyes: So here is my Friendly Fish Family!

Judy :cat:

DesertDreamer
03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Beeeeeeutiful work everyone! Gotta add an extra WOW for Rebecca's boro beads. Gorgeous colors!

Here's my goodies from yesterday. Brought to you by the letter "V" (For Val the evil frit pusher :p )

Jennifer Geldard
03-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all the wonderful eye candy everyone!
Beautiful!

Here's mine for the day...

Stripes and flowers... :)

greatfindsct
03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. What else can I say. Or would anyone expect anything less of you all? Jennifer, I love love love your bead! How big is it?
Here's mine for the day. I practiced faux boro last night, and went crazy with silver. What do you think of the bicone? I think it is my favorite bead I've ever made :o I may just have to make it into a necklace for myself..lol
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/32278-borowc.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/32278-biconewc.jpg

Jennifer Geldard
03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Beautiful beads everybody :clap: :clap: One question, I am still a newbie, what makes a bead a lentil? :rolleyes: Thanks!

Pat

Hi Pat,
A lentil is basically round but flattened with tapered edges.
Kinda like a whoopie cushion :D

Jen,

midniteburner
03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh my, I've been so busy lately. Haven't posted in a while. Been too busy trying to do the encased florals.

Oh Lenda, sure could use some of your help. (hint, hint)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2004/12611-Dsc01244-17.jpg

Sara

chroma
03-19-2004, 11:39 AM
" I practiced faux boro last night, and went crazy with silver. "

Jen, what's faux boro? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I love your beads!
bj

greatfindsct
03-19-2004, 11:50 AM
" I practiced faux boro last night, and went crazy with silver. "

Jen, what's faux boro? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I love your beads!
bj
Hi BJ, I just PM'd you for intructions :) Thanks for the compliment :)

Linnea
03-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Great Friday stuff
Faith- rocking letils,, aren't they fun :clap:
Cindy- you too on the letil,, love that amber rose.
Carrie- very nice ,, simply beautiful
Kathy- that is stunning
Jenn- get little froggy sets.
Aline- Beautiful plate !!!
Greg- great face and pretty Deanna,, love the hollow
Leslie- good luck on the kiln,, love the boro
Mary- sorry about your baby, and great bead
Jan- nice bead :clap:
Rebecca- pretty beads great boro
Jewel- great colors!!!!
Jiley- love the shell
Jujee- love the fish aren't they additive
Karen- great frit,, I am a addited to it too
JenG- as always,, lovely
Jen- love the boro and I love the bicone too. nice shape
Sara- those flowers rock !!!!
These are mine for today.
the cheese tray is a new product let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on packaging it and pricing it.
The cheese tray is melted down wine or liquor bottle.
Thanks

StefaniBeads
03-19-2004, 01:17 PM
These are mine for today.
the cheese tray is a new product let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on packaging it and pricing it.
The cheese tray is melted down wine or liquor bottle.

Gorgeous S&T today! Nothing new from me but I just had to say:

Cathie, the cheese tray is the coolest thing!! I've never seen anything like this, you really have something here! I'm not sure what you could price it at, but considering that this is art and something very unique, I would think $$$! Please forgive me for this dumb question: Your kiln has a rather large interior, right? :rolleyes: ;) :D (yeah, what a truly blonde question)

koregon
03-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Great work everyone!
actually made a focal yesterday....no little lentils...SHOCK!
aaaaaaaaah have a great weekend everyone!

Linnea
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Gorgeous S&T today! Nothing new from me but I just had to say:

Cathie, the cheese tray is the coolest thing!! I've never seen anything like this, you really have something here! I'm not sure what you could price it at, but considering that this is art and something very unique, I would think $$$! Please forgive me for this dumb question: Your kiln has a rather large interior, right? :rolleyes: ;) :D (yeah, what a truly blonde question)
Well I have to stay at bottle 11 1/2 tall and under because my kiln is and octagon with a 13" round shelf in it. I think they are cool, Thanks so much :D

!Karen
03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Wow, everyone's beads are so very nice. Someday I will have a set of beads to show...someday...I know I can do this!!

I thought I'd post a pic of a custom windchime I just finished. It's over 3 feet long.

And a bead I made several of, but WHAT is the color? It's a rod that was in a sample pack when I bought my HH and I think it's moretti. The tag say 220. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, you guys are always such an inspiration to me.
:) Karen

greatfindsct
03-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Wow, everyone's beads are so very nice. Someday I will have a set of beads to show...someday...I know I can do this!!

I thought I'd post a pic of a custom windchime I just finished. It's over 3 feet long.

And a bead I made several of, but WHAT is the color? It's a rod that was in a sample pack when I bought my HH and I think it's moretti. The tag say 220. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, you guys are always such an inspiration to me.
:) Karen
Hi Karen...very cool windchime! Nice bead too :) #220 is periwinkle, but it looks more like sky blue/ or light turquoise to me, with silvered ivory stringer. Maybe they mistagged it?

!Karen
03-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the chime comment.

I have some periwinkle and it quite a bit different from this rod-much lighter. I really like this color. And yes, it's SIS squiggles.

Karen

mhartjen
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Wonderful eye candy! I am a bit behind ... these are from yesterday.

Zooziis
03-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Great beads. Several just jumped off the screen at me!!! Wow.
Here is my work from yesterday. I love the monkey with the tutu. I am so glad the monkey challege happened. I've had so much fun making my monkey's since then WoooHooo.

silverstone6
03-19-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm late looking at Show and Tell today, and as always too many amazing beautiful beads to comment on. Here is mine for today, dreaming of clear blue Caribbean seas as I look out the window at my drab surroundings!

Susan W. in Calgary

beachbeads
03-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Great show, sunny day here on the coast. I can't take a good photo today, just spent an hour taking auction photo's and still not happy. More beads made with my Nebula frit mix, one set on amber rose and the other is on teal. The turquoise set is opposites...one is turquoise frit on white and the other side is white frit on turquoise, and they look really cool but I can't get a decent photo, so instead of continuing in this frustrating mood I am going to the beach. Have a good day to everyone. Sheila

lwdstk66
03-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Here is today's contribution....

MistyCherie
03-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Great work everybody!! Fixin to head to bed, but I had to comment on one bead in particular. Marna, that bottom bead (Universe Within) is just....mind bogglingly beautiful. The colors, the swirls, yum yum yum. If my budget allowed for it--I'd be high bidder in an instant! Just had to say how gorgeous it is...

=)

-M

mhartjen
03-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks so much Misty! I really appreciate that!
Marna

Great work everybody!! Fixin to head to bed, but I had to comment on one bead in particular. Marna, that bottom bead (Universe Within) is just....mind bogglingly beautiful. The colors, the swirls, yum yum yum. If my budget allowed for it--I'd be high bidder in an instant! Just had to say how gorgeous it is...

=)

-M

CLabora
03-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Wow!!! I did not know this thread existed. What amazing beads! Wow!!
I am pretty new to lampworking (about 1 yr.) and very new to WC. Here are some of my latest beads.