PDA

View Full Version : Applause to Jewelry Artists!

Mary Riggs
03-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I want each and every one of you to know how I am absolutely DROOLING here all over my keyboard looking at your artistic mastery !!! I want each and every piece you have shown so far on the Mixed forum, but I know I can't budget for that right now.

Because I am getting back into my jewelry making since a ten year layoff due to WORK (ick), painting, and collage, etc. I am most interested in viewing your beautiful designs.

I want to welcome all of you glass/jewelry/wearable art people to our neck of the woods. When the idea was floated about adding this new aspect to Wet Canvas, I had no idea you would be actually joining us over here in the Mixed Media forum. It was a very happy day for me when I found out.

Good design/art transcends media, in my view, and I am so happy to have you all with us.

I hope to learn from all of you and look forward to seeing all the goodies you post.

YEAH :clap: YEAH :clap: YEAH :clap:

ringslingin
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Mary~

Thanks for such a warm welcome!! If'n ya change your mind about wanting all of our wunnerful jewelry, just let me know! HeHeHeHe!

Can't wait to see what you come up with~

Mary Riggs
03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Denise, you can bet the farm on that one! I'm checking my bead buying stash as we speak :cool:

Shirley C.
03-18-2004, 07:51 PM
wow, mary, thanks for the big rousing welcome! gives me warm fuzzies, ya know. :D

i know all about work and other things getting in the way. i lost my corporate job last august, and decided not to get back into the grind. now i've got time to melt glass and make jewelry - oh boy!!

looking forward to seeing what you create, and if you have any questions, just holler at us. and, of course, if you absolutely can't resist any of the jewelry, well holler about that as well. ;)

TheBlueBetween
03-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks Mary! You all have been so welcoming and it's so nice here. But I keep thinking "Careful what you wish for..." as I hope us jewelry folk don't completely take over this wonderful WC forum! LOL!

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Well how in the heck did I miss this thread?! /scratches her head

Mary, thank you for such a great welcome! We're all gonna' have swollen heads if the love fest around here continues! Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. /whistles innocently :angel:

I'm really glad we got a place to call home now too and I've been having a blast seeing all the things I was missing out on hanging in the Glass Forum. Plenty of candy there too, but I like to see other stuff as well. Helps the ole' creative juices if ya' know what I mean. :D

Anyway, I'm certainly happy to be had! So off we go!

~Danielle

macbeth7
03-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Mary! Can't wait to see some of your work on here too! :D

Beads-Me!
03-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi Mary! It's nice to be here at the beginning of this new baby! I can't wait to see what happens.... :clap:

McDuck
03-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Hello Mary, thank you for the rousing welcome! There are some very talent artists here, just keep a lookout for what we have to share!
_Mary