PDA

View Full Version : 2 paintings & 2 sketches

johnnyach
03-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi, both paintings are acrylic on board. The sketches are pencil on paper.

B looking over her shoulder I did last year. I can never do her justice but I like to paint her anyway.
Flying over it all comes from seeing something terrible on TV and having a sense of detachment.
Both sketches are meanderings with a pencil and pen.

TeAnne
03-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Those sketches. Some really violent stuff happening there.

VieSaintSo
03-19-2004, 12:30 PM
OK....i almost did not write any comments...so much to take in!
they are all so different but at the same time all convey (to me) "déchirement" inside you.meaning gut renching...i think? :eek:
The first one, by the way, at first i thought, my God, is she sick?(so skinny) but aftherwords,i really realy enjoy her...the lines especially on her back, the pause, the backround color.she,s gorgeous! :)

johnnyach
03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Those sketches. Some really violent stuff happening there.

hi TeAnne, thanks for the comment. I'm not sure where you'v got violence from.

johnnyach
03-19-2004, 05:21 PM
OK....i almost did not write any comments...so much to take in!
they are all so different but at the same time all convey (to me) "déchirement" inside you.meaning gut renching...i think? :eek:
The first one, by the way, at first i thought, my God, is she sick?(so skinny) but aftherwords,i really realy enjoy her...the lines especially on her back, the pause, the backround color.she,s gorgeous! :)

hi sylvie, thank you and yes she is gorgeous. Gut renching? yes somtimes it can be but I suppose it is for most of us over one piece or another.

Tamana
03-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi, Johnny. I love the heated warmth of the palette on the first one. :) The pose seems very uncomfortable and stiff (like she's tensed every muscle) to me so its difficult to relax into the painting. The second seems incohesive or splattered for some reason. It's difficult for me to look at; I think the tummy bothers me, but I'm not really sure.

I never know what to say about your sketches, which doesn't mean I don't like them; actually I am always fascinated by your imagination and what you derive at. They are daliesque and yet not. Definitely surrealistic.

johnnyach
03-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Tamana,
thanks for the comments, it does look an uncomfortable pose and I have just been told it was uncomfortable. I was looking at her from more than one angle and put it all into one eye view so to speak. As for the tummy it is a little strange, I think it was feeling a little sick at the time. I suppose my sketches are daliesque in some ways, they have always been that way.