PDA

View Full Version : I dont like this one

bubblegumangel
03-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi all again :D

I defiently dont know where I stand on this one. After scanning it in, I decided I like the texture on this piece. I am not really sure where I stand on it. It originally was a blue and yellow piece where I was working with the unconscious..almost like an autmoatic drawing..but then after about three months of despising it on my wall...I got a flash of inspiration and added more colour. But Im still not satisfied!! :(

Love

Bubblegum (Inti)

bubblegumangel
03-18-2004, 12:36 PM
:D 6 x 12 inches ...acrylics

Tamana
03-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh!!! But I do!!! Look!!! Look!!!

On the right an orange gerbera daisy with a yellow heart is handing a giant oak back the yellow ball it dropped. It's spring and all the blooming foilage-fingers wobble clumbsily like a new-born foal.

I love seeing the brush of texture so visibly clean.

VieSaintSo
03-19-2004, 11:48 AM
i like it also, tell me did you use a knife to sort of sracth out some paint? i'm asking cause i do that often :D
the texture indeed is nice and gives it some depth.
you know i could never pretend to tell anybody what to do or add to a painting,but i will try this....just a tiny bit of red....like a dot...,a star..... sort off???
understand this: i'm a red "freak" :p

arourapope
03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
What is it about it that you're unhappy with? I agree a bit of red might make those greens bounce all over the place.

Tamana
03-19-2004, 04:31 PM
It could be an apple tree. Tee Hee. ;)

bubblegumangel
03-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, ..red- I hadnt thought of that! Cool....I, dont know what it is I dont like..it makes me feel....uncomfortable? I guess that's a good thing too, for some. It doesnt feel balanced, it doesnt resonate with who I am or what I want to be. But then again myabe Im a perfectionist..:?

I love your daisy and tree descriptions Tamala...They have made me look at it differently, thank you.

I didint use anything to scrape, although I like the idea ~goes off to try and find a knife~ hehe more like figer painting..;)

Lots of Love

IntiMaria

diosaperdida
03-20-2004, 02:18 AM

I defiently dont know where I stand on this one. After scanning it in, I decided I like the texture on this piece. I am not really sure where I stand on it. It originally was a blue and yellow piece where I was working with the unconscious..almost like an autmoatic drawing..but then after about three months of despising it on my wall...I got a flash of inspiration and added more colour. But Im still not satisfied!! :(

Love

Bubblegum (Inti)

Indeed, I would add a touch more of that warm orangish color. What are you hoping to have it be, should be wht you ask yourself. I personally like it...and would even more so with some more warmth added in the form of color. Godd luck to you.

amanda
03-20-2004, 03:49 AM
I see this as an aerial view of a geographical location and I like it. It's a wonderful combination of analagous colours with one contrasting colour (orange), beautiful and alive!

Dahzl
03-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Yes I like this ! Lots of energy, depth and lovely textures-

but if it still feels unresolved to you - you could try hanging back up on the wall and wait till it tells you When or If it needs to be pushed further. [ just a suggestion]

Cheers Dahzl :D

TeAnne
03-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Oh!!! But I do!!! Look!!! Look!!!

On the right an orange gerbera daisy with a yellow heart is handing a giant oak back the yellow ball it dropped. It's spring and all the blooming foilage-fingers wobble clumbsily like a new-born foal.

I love seeing the brush of texture so visibly clean.

Yep, what Tam said :clap: :clap:

bubblegumangel
03-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I added some of that red. Its dne with collage- so I can remove it. Im quite happy with it,.. But I cant help but feel its a bit ~furnishing~ rather than ~art~..my own perception though- a bit self critical sometimes y'know!

Cool, thanks for all the tips btw.

Lots of Love
bubblexxxx

VieSaintSo
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
oops! try to unload again...can't see it :(

Stacy_Renee
03-22-2004, 09:46 PM
ooh la la, i like it :) keep it up

au revoir, stacy

Bisco
03-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Dont ever stop painting
and if yr doing it "unconscious"
you might never be satisfied....
try to find satisfaction in the process of painting
thats all it comes down to...

just my thoughts.. .

Saiorse
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
I agree with Dahzl, if you have doubts about it rehang ( different local maybe? ) and wait for it to speak up or for ever hold it's peace.
I also understand what you mean about ~ furnishing~, from my own personal experience that's when I get away from a piece for fear of ruining it all together!
I am curious to see it with the red you added......

bubblegumangel
03-24-2004, 06:30 PM
thanks for your comments, I have taken them on board. meanwhile this is the updated version again. Startin to like it.

Of course, Ive been thinking about this, as we often repress our uncosncious we are not likely to like it when it's exposed! :D

IntiMaria

Tamana
03-24-2004, 07:26 PM
It's off balance/heavy to the viewer's right; however, you could call it litterbug. They do throw the world and beauty quite off balance. And, the tension combined with the collage elements do tell the story

edwardmartin
03-24-2004, 09:49 PM

Love

Bubblegum (Inti)

Hello,
I do like your piece very much. I know the feeling you have.....have some on my walls also......just waiting !!!! lol
Had a few extra minutes and played with your photo for a bit.......dunno....maybe ????
edward

Tamana
03-25-2004, 01:48 PM
ew

(sorry, no offense but you've digitized beauty and innocence)

Saiorse
03-25-2004, 08:37 PM
this is a new experience for me, never screwed with anyone's art b4. :evil:
I actually feel the hum from this one but I also played simply with flipping it and enjoyed the rotation of it too ( on the horizontal................. If I wasn't such a dope when it comes to posting a pic of it here I would but, either way stick with it now, you obviously have moved beyond your stuck point!
Cheer's!