08-27-2001, 03:00 PM
Cattle Markers and Oil Pastels

Jan-Michael
08-27-2001, 04:38 PM
and Simply Beautiful... :)

boo
08-27-2001, 06:21 PM
hi sassybird

Excellent! This piece has some wonderful colour attributes. A red and orange fiery backdrop, like volcanoes erupting at the end of time. In the foreground, a light airy flight of blue escaping upwards.

Great atmosphere created.

Susan

Tony Perrotta
08-27-2001, 06:39 PM
Great job. I am a beginning watercolor and pastel painter and am working on my first acrylic abstact now. I enjoy doing linear and minimalist abstracts. I would like to try something like this in pastels some day I like all the flow it has. What is a cattle marker (stupid question) something you mark cattle with?

colorme
08-27-2001, 08:56 PM
very nice sassy, simple is good.:)

bug
09-01-2001, 06:44 AM
Hey I like this reminds me of a stormy abstract dream.
Love your color choice brite and beautiful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

sassybird
09-02-2001, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Tony Perrotta
Great job. I am a beginning watercolor and pastel painter and am working on my first acrylic abstact now. I enjoy doing linear and minimalist abstracts. I would like to try something like this in pastels some day I like all the flow it has. What is a cattle marker (stupid question) something you mark cattle with?

Number 1 The only stupid question is one unasked.

Number 2 If you are going into pastel work try working them wet. They are a different world from other mediums when worked that way.

Number 3 Let yourself go and just have fun. Alternative Materials and Mediums has a project going right now with working in multimedia and found objects. Check it out.

Number 4 Cattle markers are pigmented markers about 5 times the size of oil pastels. You work them in the same manner, but they are cheaper to buy, around $1.25 to $1.50 a stick, and they last a long time. The markers are meant to mark cattle for auction, shots, sold herds etc.... I learned about painting with them from a college prof.

Number 5 No matter what medium you are working in don't be afraid to experiement. :) And above all just have fun.

reynolds
10-16-2001, 11:37 PM
absolutely gorgeous, gotta get some cow crayons too.:D