View Full Version : Happy Saint Patrick's Day SHOW AND TELL~~

Beth Myers
03-17-2004, 01:54 AM
A few new ones!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone!
Beth

Trishki
03-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Those are gorgeous Beth! I absolutely love the blue ones.....!!!

Here are two new ones. I'm not a focal kind of gal...but these are for a special order. The long one is 2 1/2 inches, and I noticed a hairline crack in it when I cleaned it...so back to the torch for a redo!...

Beth Myers
03-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Patricia,
These are two neat beads, I don't believe I've ever seen anything like them.
I really like them!
What color red are you using?
I like how rich and true it is.
Very different and unique, how is your buyer going to use them, did she say?
Boy am I the nosey one,
Beth

kwstudios
03-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Hello!

Beth - I enjoy the pink roses. I like to see different interpretations of the rose. Hmmmm...that might make a good thread if it hasn't been done already.

Here's my contribution - I has some good luck with this bicone. I'll put it on the bay soon. Also, here is one of my "wizard" vessels that I've been working on...

Karen

Jiley
03-17-2004, 02:11 AM
....and a Happy St. Patty's Day to all....

Oh Beth, I am not usually a flower kinna gal - but I LOVE those!!
Trishki - Great beads!!!!
Lets see more beads and blarney...

oh and if you are bored today
Blarney and more... (http://www.abitoblarney.com/)
Have fun
Jiley <<-- 100% Irish

Jamn!
03-17-2004, 05:11 AM
Beth Those are really knock outs!! Such gorgeous lovely beads!
Triski The red and ivory is really a pretty color combination!! Too bad I HATE it when that happens! :)
Karen Those are just awsome and the wiz is very original! :) I am in awe of your stringer control! :)

No new pics from me I am off to Vegas for classes and haven't torched for a couple days. ;(

JCA
03-17-2004, 05:12 AM
Beth- Beadiful!
Trishki- Cool shape.
Karen_ Wow the vessal is awesome!!

Lacing kinda flames over silver dichro. Then out of the box pink face.

saucy
03-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Beth - Those are wonderful
Patricia - Very nice - love the colors
Karen - You always knock my socks off. I love that vessel!
Jim - Cool flames and weird face. Very cool!
2:30 a.m. poster
Amoret - Dang lady! Fabu fusing! :clap:

Here is another mock boro set. This time I found out how to get more blues and I really like the look.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/26398-mock_boro_heart_4wc.jpg

CD Lampwork
03-17-2004, 08:34 AM
Nice start to the Show n Tell today. Everyone has very nice lookin beads! Here is my contribution. Two cars, up later today on the bay....one is a start at the 1960 corvette and the other is a bright VW bug. Have a good one,
Greg

LazySusan
03-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Wow!!!!!!!! awsome goodies this morning!! I have a week off of work, hopefully will have something worthy to post, and hopefully the camera will behave, and hopefully I can crop the pic and upload it.......as you can see, I'm full of hope today !!!!
Susan

fay
03-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Beautiful Beadies.

Greg--I love the corvette! That is my favorite car that you have posted so far.
Saucy-cool fake boro!
Jim--Flames look awesome.
Karen-the bicone rocks!
Patricia-Great focal.
Beth--Yum! Those sets are wonderful.

Just a Grey set...with my first day of lentil making. Have a wacky Wednesday.

greatfindsct
03-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Ok, this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this, keep getting "server too busy" message :mad: So anyway, I love all the beads today, they're great. I'm very partial to Beth's beads, they're stunning!!!!
Well, here's my offerings of the green day today! Experimenting with Uranium yellow(both opaque and transparent), mosaic green and silver :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/32278-uryellow1wc.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/32278-greenbarrelwc.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/32278-greenbarrelawc.jpg
Happy St. Patricks Day Everyone

GinaJ
03-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Wonderful Beads Everyone, Beautiful!!!! Here is what I posted on eBay last night:

ZenArt Glass
03-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Awesome work this morning!!!
I've got to run to work (and pick up a tank of Oxy), so I can't comment on everything.

Here's my first attempt at using Boro, now I'm hooked. :evil:

Moth
03-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Good morning you all! You have been busy I see! :clap: :clap:

Beth: Beautiful. Very chic! Nice bright pink.
Patricia: Very creative and orginal. What was the inspiration?
Karen: Your fumed red always looks so classy. Love the vessel!
Jim: Lovin' the flames! The pink face is reminding me of something, but I am not sure what yet. Hmmm...
Greatfinds: You are making me really want mosaic greeeeeen!
Gina: :clap: :clap:
Zen Art: Oh...you are in trouble now. Boro beautifamous.

Here are mine:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/24464-bluefloral1.JPGhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/24464-bluelectricyellofloral.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/24464-copperpowderbeads.JPG

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the GREEEEN!
~~Mary

toozygoot
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Great Show & Tell as always!

Beth - that blue set is especially pretty!
Jim - love that green bead and I can see Sheryll is influencing your torch sessions!
Mary - gorgeous!

Great work everyone!

Here's is my contribution for St. Patty's day and a little bit of Spring too.

pat

maureen
03-17-2004, 09:44 AM
love 'em all!! got to run, but here's my fav out of the kiln....maureen

Moth
03-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Pat: Now THAT's the spirit! :D

Maureen: That is VERY cosmopolitan!! :clap: :clap:

Linnea
03-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Great beads today everyone !!!!!!
I have a busy day and not at the torch ,, but fun stuff never the less
here are my new ones.

KariFL
03-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I just love waking up to Show and Tell. Great beads everyone. Here is one of mine

Kari

Patch
03-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Very nice beads everyone. :clap: Maureen, that shape is great. Karen, is that metallic shine you have on your beads due to a technique in perticular or to the color of the glass?

Here is my small contribution. I am doing well at having round beads but decoration is much harder.

Trishki
03-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Checking back. Wow, such wonderful beads everyone!

To answer your question Beth, it is Lauscha transp red (I believe the cherry like color - not the orange-y) on dark ivory. I made some hairsticks in metalsmithing ( I posted them in another thread earlier, but here is a picture again.) My classmate saw them and felt compelled to make some, so she asked if I could make some beads. I'm not sure what mandrel size it is, but it fits exactly on 6 gauge wire.

backroombeads
03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
great beads everyone! I'm after it early today trying to get ready for the Omaha bead show April 3. Happy St. Pats.

SonyaHusko
03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Jim, cool flame bead! (as usual!) I love the wispiness of the flames. And Beth, your flowers are beautiful, I especially like the pinks (and I too, am NOT a floral person)

Here's a different kind of boro set from me, I strung them up like a necklace, with earrings to match. And another set strung with charms. I got a new blue, Blue Passion, and I love it! It's blue, with purple highlights.

Virginia L.
03-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Hello everyone - what a beautiful show and tell. :clap: :clap: :clap: Well, sad day at the torch for me yesturday...I have been DOT challenged for quite a while...I had people over here all day yesturday, they finally go and I need to torch a bit, but the kiln is not on, so I figure I will just make some smaller beads and blanket them...Well THIS bead comes out...is my best dot bead ever and I blanket it...well it felt cool so I take it out...it is totally cool to the touch, and then TINK!!!! (not alined with or associated to the beautiful Tink of WC) I am just ill, it eventually fell in half....well, I glued it back together and it can just sit on the bench and remind me NEVER MAKE BEADS WHEN THE KILN IS NOT ON!!! Or at least don't look at them till the morning. THEN I made this really cute snail out of twistie dichro, and it's "bottom" fell off. Is it my immagination or do my snails look a lot like my fishies...hmmmmmm, gonna have to look into that :( - God Bless - Virginia L.

Lara
03-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Man, I wish I had green beads to show today. I didn't think that far ahead.

Anyway, here is a red and purple set.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2004/10029-Ruby.jpg

koregon
03-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!!
here are a couple I made yesterday, I know I know...ya all are probably tired of seeing my lentils....sorry bout that. Wish I could be more exciting...maybe I will haul out some dichro and stuff today and play first part of my work session.

have a great day everyone

csamson
03-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Happy St Patricks Day :clap: Hope everyone is doing great. Been busy just making beads. Everyones stuff is looking great!

Briatha
03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gif Awesome Saint Paddy's Day S&T!!! I hope everyone has a marvelous day :D

silverstone6
03-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Inspiring bunch of beads from everyone today!! Always an inspiration. Here's my most recent set, which I was really happy with. I am so in love with opal yellow!!

Susan W. in Calgary

silverstone6
03-17-2004, 12:53 PM
OK, didn't realize file was too big, show how long it's been since I posted!
Susan W.

toozygoot
03-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh how I love Show & Tell!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: everybuddy!

pat

Alan Cross
03-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Everyones work here is so great I just love looking here to start my day....thanks
Alan :)

Helen Simon
03-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Great beads, and Happy St. Patrick's Day...wondering if there's a parade in town...Y'all are probably getting bored with my rose rings, but I LOVE making these, and also here's my first "real" lentils, made with a Tapley lentil masher. Love, Helen

snootyvixen
03-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Totally inspiring work from everyone! I can't even single anyone out for more praise than anyone else!

I've been diligently working away on hollows - this is from a freaky batch of Vetrofond transparent red that I got from Bill T. First, it comes in about 10mm rods, so I had to pull it into something more usable! Then I made my hollow, which is SO huge compared to my normal beads - funny, I can't make BIG solid beads and I can't make LITTLE hollows It ended up about 20mm x 17mm. Oh, and the stringer is made with one of Val's reduction frits - just can't remember which one!

Vikki

snootyvixen
03-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh gosh! I have more!

First - when good hollows go bad - this was a black hollow that kinda spun out of control. I started making him into a fish until my tweezers got stuck to the glass (the part that eventually became his hair) - he even ended up with a dimple in his chin! LOL!

Next,the black hollow with daisies is 19mm x 17mm.

The hollow amethyt with daisies is for MIL - it's a little off kilter, but that's how she likes 'em! I make 'em that way on purpose! *wink* LMAO!

Vikki

beadamaniac!
03-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey, whaddaya know- I have a green bead to show! I even named it Ireland. I got my corned beef and cabbage craving out of the way last week.

Lots and lots of gorgeous stuff today! My favs are the Wizard vessel, Mr Booger's flame bead and Lara's red and purple. Really nice!

Edited to say: Gosh, that's big!

Foofaraw
03-17-2004, 03:24 PM
What a great show and tell on this cold and snowy St. Patrick's day. Here's my contribution, I called it Fruit Snack Garden because the colors reminded me of the Scooby fruit snacks that I'm always scraping off of my floors! And I was amazed that I got the opal yellow to do it's thing!