PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo--look what I got!!

gypsysoul
03-16-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't know what I did to deserve this, but look what our Heidi (Jamn!) sent me! :clap: This monolithic beauty is a whopping 55mm long! The colors change in different light, too. It's so cool!! Thank you, Heidi, you sweet thing, you! :D

Paula

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2004/10675-heidi1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2004/10675-heidi2.jpg

beadsbybrat
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
WOW!!!!
that is B-E-Autiful! you are very lucky!!!!!

the brat

Pendants4u
03-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Awesome work! Very nice!

DebbieSue
03-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Beautiful bead! :)

Debbie

Allison Turner
03-16-2004, 11:35 PM
WOW!!!! Look at that beauty!! And my favorite color! :clap:

G&S Lampwork
03-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Wow!! I'd be absolutely rapt if someone sent that to me. Lucky you!

Juliesprin
03-17-2004, 03:02 AM
Paula...you might be the luckiest girl on the planet!

xoticbead
03-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Way to go! Thanks for letting us see it
Liz

Jamn!
03-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks Paula!! My Dh thinks I need a new camera again!! He walked by as I was looking at the picture! Your pics are awsome!!

Let's see what did you do?? You bid on one of my auctions,, hmmm it had a hairline crack so I had to stop the sale. I made this as a bribe hehehe so you wouldn't turn me in!! :rolleyes:

It really isn't the same one but the other one broke in half and I decided not to even send the pieces since they were the exact same colors!! :) It is a little bigger than the one you bid on and the squiggles are different! :D

I also owed you one for the lovely set of beads that you sent me a while back! So Thank-you! I am also inspired by all the lovely beads that you have been posting on your website for the frits tests!!

saucy
03-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Wow! That is one knockout bead! Lucky girl.

LazySusan
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
O M G, that bead is soo beautifull !!!!! Lucky you !!!!

gypsysoul
03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks Paula!! My Dh thinks I need a new camera again!! He walked by as I was looking at the picture! Your pics are awsome!!

Let's see what did you do?? You bid on one of my auctions,, hmmm it had a hairline crack so I had to stop the sale. I made this as a bribe hehehe so you wouldn't turn me in!! :rolleyes:

It really isn't the same one but the other one broke in half and I decided not to even send the pieces since they were the exact same colors!! :) It is a little bigger than the one you bid on and the squiggles are different! :D

I also owed you one for the lovely set of beads that you sent me a while back! So Thank-you! I am also inspired by all the lovely beads that you have been posting on your website for the frits tests!!

Heidi, I did forget about that set of beads, but GEEZ, they pale in comparison to this awesome beauty! :o Again, thank you!! :D And I would never turn you in, silly! I just had a big bead crack myself--I thought I might have let it get too cool in the flame, but it survived the annealing, and soaking, and cleaning with a dremel. However, when I put it under the hot lights to photograph--CRACK! It happens. :crying:

As for photos, you probably just need some brighter lights, which I think is especially necessary for macro shots. I have a very simple setup with the exception of "professional" photofloods on stands (all the details are on my website in the "Studio" section). After a gazillion experiments, they are my favorite of all the lights I tried, and I now do very little to my photos except add a very tiny bit of blue (which my camera seems to require) and a little tweak of brightness/contrast. These took about five minutes total to shoot the photos, crop, and correct for uploading. Also, finally finding the right shade of photo background paper really helps the color to pop (thank you, Connie Fox!)

Paula

Jamn!
03-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Heidi, I did forget about that set of beads, but GEEZ, they pale in comparison to this awesome beauty! :o Again, thank you!! :D And I would never turn you in, silly! I just had a big bead crack myself--I thought I might have let it get too cool in the flame, but it survived the annealing, and soaking, and cleaning with a dremel. However, when I put it under the hot lights to photograph--CRACK! It happens. :crying:

As for photos, you probably just need some brighter lights, which I think is especially necessary for macro shots. I have a very simple setup with the exception of "professional" photofloods on stands (all the details are on my website in the "Studio" section). After a gazillion experiments, they are my favorite of all the lights I tried, and I now do very little to my photos except add a very tiny bit of blue (which my camera seems to require) and a little tweak of brightness/contrast. These took about five minutes total to shoot the photos, crop, and correct for uploading. Also, finally finding the right shade of photo background paper really helps the color to pop (thank you, Connie Fox!)

Paula
Oh I know you wouldn't turn me in I was just being silly!! But I did want to clarify the reason I sent you the bead!! :)

Yes I think I do need better lighting but a lot of my shots I take at work and then I have no clue where to set up a photo studio here!! Now I have bought some cheap lights from Home Depot and want to try that first! I am sure I will want the flood lights to eventually!
Thanks for the help. I am off to your website to look again!

ValorieCox
03-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Wow, very nice Heidi, and in 'your colors' Paula! A well deserved RAofGK.

:) Val

Patricia'sglass
03-17-2004, 05:02 PM
That is just gorgeous! What do you think you will make with it? Or are you just gonna look at it alot? :D
Pattym

gypsysoul
03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
That is just gorgeous! What do you think you will make with it? Or are you just gonna look at it alot? :D
Pattym

Oh boy, Patty, that is a good question! I have a LOT of beads I have collected over the years, and except for the few that came to me already made into a pendant, I have yet to make anything with them but rather just enjoy looking at them. I've never made a thing for myself with my own beads either. Lately, however, I've been moving back towards jewelry design, so it's anyone's guess. Right now it's sitting here on my desk looking lovely. :D

Paula