PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Show N Tell Madness!!!!!

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Here is a lentil set I just love love love I have it on ebay but it was a waste of money to put it up there as featured sigh oh well I guess I will probally just get to keep them for myself if they end up not selling!

beadreamer
03-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Lovely set Karin!

Here are a couple of things I did...my late entry for the monkey challenge :D and a bear set I named Root Bear.

nilaya
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Wow..great stuff peoples

Heres the only bead that really turned out for me yesterday..a barley style lentil

Lorretta :)

McDuck
03-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Karin, i love those lentils! too bad my kiln is working now or they would be mine! all mine :evil:

I love the monkeys!

and Loretta, did you do the silver work on the lentil?

Thanks for sharing! Mary

Briatha
03-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Karin gorgeous set!
Mary adorable critters!
Lorretta stunning lentil!

Hyanda#3 lentils are etched Lapis & White,

snootyvixen
03-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey Karin! Haven't seen lentils from you before - I like them!!! VERY much! :clap: :clap:

beadreamer - your teddy bear is cute, but those monkeys are just TOO adorable!

Loretta - I have the same question as Mc .... errrr ... Mary - did you cap it yourself? Beautiful bead!

Vikki

snootyvixen
03-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Hyanda#3 lentils are etched Lapis & White,

Oops! Missed Faith - I was taking too long to type my other reply! LOL! I always love your lentils Faith - I can't get that swirly thing happening on round beads, let alone lentils! (why do I always want to type lentiles? LOL!)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Vikki

nilaya
03-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Oh if you only new how easy the sliver caps on the lentils were.,.you wouldnt be half as impressed. LOL :p

All you need is a couple of those plain shallow beadcaps ..the ones i have are 10mm but i think the 8mm might work even better ..and you gently curve them over something cylindrical..(a fat mandrel..a metal pen..i used an icecrem scopp handle) you just keep curving till you have the right curve to fit the lentil..and VOILA..all done :) then you just string it or wire it up as you would with normal bead caps. They really look like part of the bead when your all done..I love it..was kinda bored with just silver balls at the end of the lentils.
Hope that all made sense :)

Lorretta

Foofaraw
03-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Oh if you only new how easy the sliver caps on the lentils were.,.you wouldnt be half as impressed. LOL :p

All you need is a couple of those plain shallow beadcaps ..the ones i have are 10mm but i think the 8mm might work even better ..and you gently curve them over something cylindrical..(a fat mandrel..a metal pen..i used an icecrem scopp handle) you just keep curving till you have the right curve to fit the lentil..and VOILA..all done :) then you just string it or wire it up as you would with normal bead caps. They really look like part of the bead when your all done..I love it..was kinda bored with just silver balls at the end of the lentils.
Hope that all made sense :)

Lorretta

Ok, now the ultimate question, I have been looking for those bead caps and can't find them. Where oh where did you get them??? I Love the look and that lentil Barleyesque bead looks fabulous!

nilaya
03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I sell some from my site...but the shipping from australia might not make it a very viable option for you. I think gemshow-online had some..as did sweetcreek.com (they were sold out last week but she told me they would be getting more soon) If you cant find them anywhere else Id be happy to sell you some as long as your ok with the shipping. :)

Lorretta :)

Johanna Stephenson
03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
What a cute pair of monkeys.
The lentils are great and I love the capped bead.Here is a set I posted on ebay yesterday.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2004/10642-blkblutan.jpg

SonyaHusko
03-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh, the monkeys are adorable!!!

Here are a couple of boro sets. I'm on my way out the door (to the garage, aka "studio") to go make more! :D

amy fgb
03-16-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm so glad you started this thread Karin! There are some super lovely beads tonight! Here's a set I just put up on ebay. I love the heart (kinda wish I would've kept it :D ).

Amy