PDA

View Full Version : Beach Beads--thread hog!

littlecrow1
03-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I am really excited about this series of beads I have been workin on...Living in Michigan Im surrounded by these things!..and Ive been terribly homesick lately and it influenced these beads. I grew up in Vermilion Ohio , its right on the lake and if youve ever been through there you will understand...its ALL boats and harbors...i still have family there and plan on spending spring break there with my kids...id live there again in a heart beat if i could!

anywho....ive been workin on lighthouses and shells for a few weeks...my shells are more * artistic impression*..lol..as I dont care how many real shells I lay out in front of me I cant get the colors right :rolleyes: guess i put too many frits and foil in front of me i just gotta use it ALLLLLL...hehe

Let me know what ya think... ( and jilys shells still kick my shells A**...lol*)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106555&stc=1

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106557&stc=1

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106556&stc=1

swamperfolk
03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about what color you think shells should be - these are AWESOME.

DebbieSue
03-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Regardless of what color you make them, they are just beautiful... :)

Debbie

toozygoot
03-16-2004, 02:15 PM
I love them! You did a great job with these! Wish I knew how to make one myself!

pat

Alan Cross
03-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Great job I love them.....can you hear music in them :D
Alan :)

GardensOnGlass
03-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Deb, they're absolutely beautiful!

Blooming Artist
03-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Gawjus! Simply GAWJUS! :-)

pam <><

3SistersBeads
03-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Oh my gosh!

Those are incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Leslie

snootyvixen
03-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Perfect!!!!! They remind me that I haven't seen the sea, or a beach for so long .... I miss it ..... :crying: :crying:

.... and your colors ROCK!

Vikki

RobynT
03-17-2004, 07:04 AM
I love the beach beads...so pretty!!!

saucy
03-17-2004, 08:17 AM
I love them, but the middle shell is gorgeous! It is repeating my name instead of having ocean sounds. tee hee

cankeep
03-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Deb,
Your shells are beautiful! I'm not surprised as I love all your sculptured beads! You always seem to put some of your own personality into the beads you make so they have a little different original twist.
Lovely work!
I was also wowed by Jiley's shells on the show and tell the other day! Beautiful, wonderful, spectacular beads!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

littlecrow1
03-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Thank You everyone for the sweet compliments! :)

I have a couple beaches full of shells here now...lol..they keep getting stranger ... purple shells?..lol The little lighthouse is my favorite...I was pretty pleased with it considering I tried to put a roof on my first one and it turned out looking like a ..........umm...... well , rofl!!.. :rolleyes: frozen male body part! :rolleyes: ...sorry guys, :eek: .....lolol...I bout peed my pants laughin when it came out of the kiln...rofl Even my husbands reaction was " Um Deb....that looks like a _ _ _ _ _ bead...rofl!"

well since I wont be producing *weenie* beads ...ewww...I think Ill go make another lighthouse....rofl! ;)

Deb / Littlecrow
My ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=littlecrow1&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

AlexM
03-17-2004, 09:52 AM
They're WONDERFUL! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kalera
03-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Wow, those shells are gorgeous! Bravo!

BurningScentsations
03-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Great Job! :clap:

Where did you learn to make shells?

I like the surreal colors! Very Cool!

Lloyd

CorvetteJuliet
03-29-2004, 08:49 AM
They're beautiful! I love the way you tied all the colors in together in the neclace set. It's really fabulous. I know what you mean about the boats and harbor scene. I live in Annapolis, Maryland overlooking Mill Creek just off the Chesapeake Bay & the Magothy River. I can't imagine having to leave here. I too would go through serious seaside withdrawl. Love the beads! :clap:

littlecrow1
03-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys...but these dang beads didnt go over on ebay...unsold :rolleyes: .. lol oh well... I love the little lighthouse bead.

I figured out how to make them on my own with a handfull of real shells sitting in front of me at the torch.

GinaJ
03-29-2004, 04:30 PM
I have never seen the sea shell lampwork...they are WONDERFUL!!!!!

jujeebeads
03-30-2004, 01:35 AM
WOW Deb!! Those are beautiful!! :clap:
so much detail! just love them! Nice work!

Judy :cat: