PDA

View Full Version : Wearable Show and Tell 3/16

NewCreation
03-16-2004, 10:05 AM
In our usual glass tradition, I will start a ne thread for today. Esp. since the other is so long.
Here are pics of the pieces I submitted for the Seasons show. All include my lampwork.

leigh lane
03-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh, Amy, those are beautiful.
I particularly like the first one. I don't have anything to show, just checking out the new forum. I hope it attracts a lot of attention!

Awesome pieces, Amy.

Leigh

earthenwood
03-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Amy,
Those are beautiful! I love the coin like disks and the overall visual textures. Those disks have an ancient, earthy feel, which would be so neat with my ceramic beads!

Here is an offering from me...it is an old necklace, but it is new to WC, at least! It uses several porcelain pumpkin beads and a central porcelain link, along with various pearls, bali silver, and glass.

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Amy, those are gorgeous, I love the discs..those are glass, I take it? Really unique designs.

Earthenwood, I love your ceramic pieces. They're beautiful.

Ok, here's my submission for the day: I actually posted the unfinished version of this first bangle yesterday, but Hallelujiah, my wire arrived, so I could finally finish it! It's called Spring Fling.

The second one is actually what's on the workbench for the day, it's just the starter piece. (I work at night usually, so I'm a little backwards. Heheh) I was going to make this a bangle, but the Bali silver piece is so pretty, I may have to make this into a necklace.

Happy Creating today, ladies and gents!

~Danielle

TheBlueBetween
03-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Amy, those pieces are wonderful! They look so tribal and earthy!

You are right Melanie, your beads would look great strung with disks like those. I just love your beads. I think I need to order your purple beetle and some lady bugs soon :)

Danielle you are right, that bali bead needs to be the focal on a necklace - it's going to be beautiful. I've been wanting to make a bracelet in that bangle style... but I keep putting off ordering the wire. I think I need to use up some of the supplies I have on hand first before I can justify more.

I don't have anything new today, but I thought I'd put up a couple of my older favs. The blue one is a galaxy necklace I made for my Mom - 9 planets (I just read yesterday they think they saw another one) and each planet has it's moons and there is the astroid belt and rings and maybe a black hole or two... The other one is just a simple peyote rope with a mother of pearl pendant wired on with copper.

McDuck
03-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Okay, I posted this on yesterdays thread :rolleyes:

Here are my newest designs, a little different than normal. I posted them in another thread, and hope you dont mind me posting here. I hope soon to invorporate even more of my new ceramic/porcelin beads into my jewelry.

Chalcedny, swarovski crystals, bali &sterling silver. Lampwork by MVerdi.

Copper, carnelian, sead beads, copper/bali beads, swarovski. Lampwork by MVerdi.

The black set, lampwork by Mary Poineal (hey that's me! - about time too!!), moretti glass, sterling wire, solid sterling bangle, bali and sterling bead accents, along with swarovski crystals on the earrings. This was a special order. One of my best customers and she waited since December for my electric to be finished. What a sweety!

The last one I also posted in the glass forum, but I am sure most of you hadnt seen it. This is copper findings, hand wire wrapped copper and my ceramic beads.

Thank you,
Mary

PS comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. Except on my photography which currently is off.

TurtleBay Jewelry
03-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Mary~ LOL! I think your photos are fine, btw! /wink The black set is my favorite, but since I'm a bangle lover, that's no surprise. Beautiful work, indeed.

It's a good day at the bench! The dog and the munchkin are entertaining one another, so I got to finish off another bangle I had put the beads together for last night! This one is called "Asian Imports".

Cheeri-O!

~Danielle

McDuck
03-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Danielle, I like the bracelet! And I love the wire work, it is very calming to do for me anyway. btw thank you for letting me know there was another thread! Some days I am such a doof :rolleyes:
Huggles, Mary

NewCreation
03-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the compliments y'all. The disc beads are kinda my bread and butter beads. When I did my first Intergalactic Bead Show in Charloote, I sold all I had. I'll make more for the show in May. They are really incredibly versatile, and I love using them as a button & loop closure on bracelets to keep the design continuity. I am offering them in my auctions for the first time this week and I am anxious to see how they do.

lissadivamama
03-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Hi - Here are a couple of pieces - not sure if I had posted them before on the other show and tell, but at least they are new to this forum :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/3_04/watermelon.jpg I found this was too top heavy so I added another wire-wrapped quartz square to the clasp for weight.

Here are matching earrings...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/3_04/watermelonear2.jpg

Here are a bracelet, earrings, pendant set featuring lampwork by MaryBeth Callaghan (MaryBethC), Swarovski and silver, and black onyx...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/3_04/blacklampbr.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/3_04/blacklampear.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/web/sites/13672/divamamadesigns/images/3_04/blacklamppen.jpg

jacki
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Wow! This is great! :clap: :clap: It is so much fun to see such diversity and talent.
Lovely work this morning :D

Amy, I love the way you have used your discs. I have been playing with discs since november, and they are so much fun. I set mine into sheild forms to use as pins and earrings. I really like yours!!

Here are a couple from xmas, not great photos, I took them for reference only. Both sides of a scatter pin, and a pair of earrings, showing both sides.

You have all inspired me this morning. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to seeing more fiber art as well. Li's silk paintings in the other thread are so beautiful! I know there are many other fiber artists with lovely things to share.

I am also including a felted wool and silk scarf, hand dyed fibers.

I can't even begin to say how appreciative I am of this new sub-forum. I am also really enjoying coming to the mixed media forum! So many different ideas :clap: :clap: and such friendly people :clap: :clap:
The encaustic article was fascinating, made the process very approachable!

lisilk
03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Great to see all of these new faces and works in the forum. The jewelery is all so beautiful. Hard to pick a favorite. Can I have one of each please ? ( Amy, love that first piece. Definately my colors. )

Jackie, great to see you venturing into dye work, those textures are wonderful. Have you been working with fiber long ? ( Whoops, I was supposed to get in touch with you a while back. I totally spaced. :confused: )

Great work everyone ! :clap:

Li

Shirley C.
03-18-2004, 06:09 PM
In our usual glass tradition, I will start a ne thread for today. Esp. since the other is so long.
Here are pics of the pieces I submitted for the Seasons show. All include my lampwork.

amy, i REALLY like those disk beads, and the pieces you created with them are marvelous! but you know i like your work a lot... can i have it? :D (yeah, there i go again...)

danielle, regarding that starter piece that you posted here - i could see that as the focal piece of a necklace, where the rest of the necklace is chainmail. the loops on each end of the starter piece would just hook onto the last ring of each piece of the chain (1 length of chain on each side of the starter piece, with a clasp tying the other ends of the chain pieces together). did that make sense? maybe a byzantine pattern, or perhaps a box chain. it'd be stunning, i think!

everyone's work out here is terrific! i just love looking at finished pieces - keep up the good work, and keep posting!!

DonnaBee
03-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Wow we have a second page of posts now, and here is a Show n Tell I never commented on!

This is a fantastic show n tell thread, and Amy, your textured discs are so appealing! I wish I had an entire bucket of those.

beachbeads
03-30-2004, 01:51 AM
Those are lovely Amy, I was thinking of you the other day as I hadn't seen many post by you lately.

McDuck
03-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I know a number of you have asked about the copper findings, and I have finally contacted my source and will start to carry them on my website. just pm me for details.

lisilk
03-30-2004, 11:17 PM
I know a number of you have asked about the copper findings, and I have finally contacted my source and will start to carry them on my website. just pm me for details.

Can you add your link here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175913

Thanks

McDuck
03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Can you add your link here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175913

Thanks

I didnt even know that little gem of a thread was alive! thank you and yes i will as soon as it is done.
Mary

Kreszentia
04-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi all of you,

whoever had that great idea of establishing a separate forum for wearable art:
Thank you soooooo much.

It's very inspiring to see all this beautiful work of yours.

But I would really like to understand one thing I jaust don't get:
What is the difference between a bangle and a bracelet?

Could someone please try to explain that to me who din't learn those things in her english lessons at school?

Bye

Kreszentia

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I can do that!

A bracelet is made up of individual links and is flexible.

A bangle is made of one mandrel (the thing you string your beads on) and has no flexibility. There are no links, it contains one long link, if you will.

:)

~Danielle

Kreszentia
04-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Danielle,

thanks a lot for your explanation. i should try and make some bangles too. As I now learned i was making bracelet all the time :-)

Bye

Kreszentia

TurtleBay Jewelry
04-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Good! Be sure to jump on the daily show and tell and show us pictures when you get one done!

They're addicting.

;)

~Danielle