PDA

View Full Version : My lentil is a lima bean!

lwdstk66
03-16-2004, 10:04 AM
I know I have to practice!!
Here is my first lentil.
Any tips??

DebbieSue
03-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Probably have to get the class more centered in the press. But I think it's just as cute anyway... :clap:

Debbie

fay
03-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Looks like you had a larger amount of glass on one end--cone-ish shape...try a football or lemon shape of glass before pressing. Largest amount centered in the middle....just a thought.

FrontHallGlass
03-16-2004, 01:48 PM
I have a customer who sells my jewelry in Charleston and calls all of my lentils "lima beans" even though I have told her a thousand times that they're lentils! LOL She also calls my beads by any name she can think of at the second she's talking, including bubbles, yes, bubbles, not baubles.

You'd think she'd never be able to sell anything, but this girl is my main source of income! LOL

Long live and love Leigh!

Rebekah

toozygoot
03-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Lisa - I think that's a really nice shape! It's a very pretty bead! You've already gotten the tip about shaping and one more thing that Kaye told me. Let your bead cool a tad before smushing it. Mine have improved a lot.

pat

xoticbead
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Lisa
I just may be seeing things but to my eye it looks darn close to a heart shape, Just a slight drag on the end and it would be a great looking heart. I've done the 3 p's and found that the lentil shape I like best is almost a coin shape, I make a very spherical shaped bead and press...... Poof, as if by magic I get a coin shaped bead, Now if I could just get the decorating down I'd have it made
Liz

lepoppet
03-17-2004, 09:23 AM
If you can't fix it - Feature It!

I think its a very pretty bead. Celebrate your Uniqueness!

Maria

lwdstk66
03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Okay, thanks for the good comments!!
It sold!! Wahoo! Like 5 minutes after I posted it on my site. I am going to try to make some others tonight. I will follow the suggestions and see what I come up with.
Thanks!