PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Fever!! S&T

greatfindsct
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Ok, it's night and dark out here. Good news is today was very nice up here in CT, and tomorrow we're supposed to get 6" of snow!!!! I'm gonna go down to Alabama to see my buddy Shawn (well really the warm weather)...I wish! Well anway, here's some stuff that I've been working on. Slow going with the Mapp one pounders, but at least I'm at the torch again! Now lets see some art work!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2004/32278-springorphans.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2004/32278-khaki.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2004/32278-purplelav.jpg

DebbieSue
03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Nice beads. Very colorful! :clap:

Debbie

Briatha
03-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Jen yummy vibrant sets!

mhartjen
03-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Jen, Those are terrific ... great dot control. Here are mine for the evening :

MistyCherie
03-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Jen - love the colors! I think I like the middle grouping the best---makes me think of wine and chocolate.... MmmMMmm.

Well, here are some things I have done in the past week. I think my favorite is the ivory and purple opaque bead, it has a touch of goldstone in it. It's 19mm wide x 13 mm tall x 12 mm thick. The pink trans earrings actually have some silver reduction dots on there (melted in), I just can't seem to get them to photograph well. I think I lean more towards organic beads--but have been practicing some dots as well (just trying to get better!)

=)

-M

*edited in* Oh - and my first tries at using silver (that group of three ugly looking things...) Not really sure what I am doing wrong...but...it's kind of stone-looking but just not very attractive.... need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

nursekatie
03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Wowzers..those on a hot head?? Nice job!!

Marna....drool!!! Gorgeous, I love your work and I am the proud owner of 2 of them!! :D

Sunn............You have been busy.....Great earrings!!

I am for sure on the downward swing of this flu bug....feels good to sit up for more than 10 minutes at a time!!

I continue to work on control......did a toggle bead.......the beads are too big for the darn thing...but....it is successful :D

And a fish for the playful side of Katie :)

sgraphics
03-15-2004, 07:59 PM
I've been practicing dots for Spring!

fay
03-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow Marna--I love that twister looking bead! Very cool. :D

Jenn--I like your colors!

Sunn---Yes, there a just a "few" earrings there--they look great.

Katie---I love the toggle bead. Very fun! Hope you feel better.

Sgraphics--Good dots!

Worked with Striation Series again. Have a fantastic evening.

Lori Peterson
03-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh my! Everything looks so wonderful!

Jen, I love that first set! It is so happy!
Marna, I have been oooh-ing and ahhh-ing every time I see your beads. My favorite of the day is the transparent green/blue one with dichro today.
Misty, that is a great collection of earrings! I love the way the first photo sparkles.
Katie, oh my goodness, your beads are gorgeous. I especially like the encased blue bicone.
Sherry, great springy dot beads! I love spring colors.
Fay, yummy striation bead. So full of depth!

Here's mine - Sunset Spectacle.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Mar-2004/12192-sunsetspectacle1.jpg

Shawn T.
03-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Beautiful beads tonight, wondering how you all got to WC when it has been shut down for me all day. Happy to be back up and running. Jen come on down hon, It was 63 here today and supposed to hit 70 tomorrow. Your beads are wonderful, love the vibrant colors, reminds me of "happy days" Nothing for me to show today. All still in the kiln. Thanks for sharing your beautiful beads!

tinycrewoftwo
03-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Rented a studio for a whole day on Saturday while I wait for my kiln, and here are some of the results after picking up the beads yesterday and making silver wire jewelery all day today...sorry - too tired to set up the camera after that - these are just quick webcam shots...

The bear and snail are so small that they aren't really in focus, but he has real claws on all paws!

It was so cold in the warehouse, that he has a tiny crack in his butt (not an intentional one!)

Hope you guys like him! Guess it's too late to start a bear challenge now!

xoxo, Carol Anne

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Beautiful work everyone! I am always amazed at what can be done with a Hot Head :clap: :clap: I never had the patience! Katie, those two vessels are beautiful!!!!!!

BeadGlam
03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I made this set to sell on ebay last week...but I haven't been able to part with them. I've been carrying them around everywhere I go and I can't stop looking at them....LOL! Maybe I'll just have to break down and make myself a necklace. Heather

BeadGlam
03-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Fabulous beads everyone! JMC....great use of color!! I think I like the red and tan beads the best! Marna...love the texture and shape of your beads! The leaf shaped bead is just beautiful! Misty...you've been busy....love the earrings! Katie...as always....very beautiful...I haven't tried a toggle yet! Sherry and Lori...very springy and brite!!! Clawdia...that bear is so tiny and cute! I love show and tell:) Heather

SonyaHusko
03-15-2004, 10:52 PM
There you go Lori, making a spectacle of yourself again! :evil: And a beautiful one at that!

I love tonight's show & tell!!! Marna, my idol! Gorgeous! And Katie, great vessels!

I am finally getting some torch time in! Gonna head back out right after I post these. Both sets are boro. The second and fourth bead in the blue set are by Chris, the rest are mine~

DesertDreamer
03-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Here are my latest favorites. A boro set thanks to Doug Remschneider, and a frit set thanks to Val (my favorite pusher of all time).