PDA

View Full Version : Finally Posting Some Photos (Thread Hoggy!)

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I have been working on my photography. Still have a long way to go! Some of these are neww, some are not so new! All of them are huge! :evil: I decided to start a new thread rather than put a glut of photos on today's show and tell.

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
More. :evil:

JavaGirlBT
03-15-2004, 03:24 PM
I love them all, but my very favorite is the top one with the half that is all black. It looks so smooth. I want to pat it. :clap:

kyyardlizard
03-15-2004, 03:25 PM
:eek: OMG!!!!! picking my jaw up off the floor.....I want them all....

toozygoot
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Ouch! I think I hurt my jaw too! These are super! My absolute fav is the black lentil with blue swirls in the sky. That's how I see it!

pat

Lapislazuli
03-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I have been working on my photography. Still have a long way to go! Some of these are neww, some are not so new! All of them are huge! :evil: I decided to start a new thread rather than put a glut of photos on today's show and tell.

:clap: :clap:

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, all wanderful.
Lapislazuli

Shirley C.
03-15-2004, 05:12 PM
kimberly - my favorite "thread hoggy" - i love it when you're a thread hog!!! (but i don't consider you a thread hog at all...)

your work is so wonderful, i just love what you do.

DebbieSue
03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Beautiful! I especially like the first one in the second post!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Debbie

Patricia'sglass
03-15-2004, 05:55 PM
These are just gorgeous!! Are you going to put any of them on the bay?
Pattym

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 06:12 PM
I haven't decided yet on eBay. I might put one or two up, but I am trying to get ready for a show in April. I usually sell a lot of smaller beads at this show, so these honkin' monsters probably wouldn't do too well at the show!

nicker
03-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Kimberly I love those lentils. The first two are so "moonlike". Is that a word? I love them you do awsome work!

Jennifree
03-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Beautiful beads! I had a dream about you last night, Kimberly. I came over to your house to visit, but when I got there you were all dressed up to go to a lampwork workshop/seminar. You were wearing a string of beads that looked gorgeous from a distance, but when I got up close to look at them they looked suspiciously like a macaroni necklace. :D Oh, and you had a really cool pet owl that loved to be scratched on the neck, and it purred like a cat.

Okay, analyze that! ;)

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Beautiful beads! I had a dream about you last night, Kimberly. I came over to your house to visit, but when I got there you were all dressed up to go to a lampwork workshop/seminar. You were wearing a string of beads that looked gorgeous from a distance, but when I got up close to look at them they looked suspiciously like a macaroni necklace. :D Oh, and you had a really cool pet owl that loved to be scratched on the neck, and it purred like a cat.

Okay, analyze that! ;)

LOL! That's me!! I always wear my macaroni necklace to workshops!! I used to love those when I was a kid. I may have to make one now to wear to all of the bead funtions! That would be a hoot! :evil: I'm thinking red and purple with some gold leaf and maybe some really bright pink crystals to tie it all together! What do you think? Some lime would also be good. I could call it Jennifer's Dream. It could bring a ton on eBay. :D

I like the owl part! He sounds cool and I wish I had one (especially if he purred like a cat).

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Why are you having dreams about me? Should I worry? :D

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Okay, ya'll talked me into it. Some of them are now on eBay. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Jennifree
03-15-2004, 10:09 PM
LOL! That's me!! I always wear my macaroni necklace to workshops!! I used to love those when I was a kid. I may have to make one now to wear to all of the bead funtions! That would be a hoot! :evil:
That WOULD be a hoot, and quite a statement.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Why are you having dreams about me? Should I worry? :D

I've been having a ton of bead dreams lately. I'm desperate to get back to making them, but I have nowhere to do it. I've been nagging my husband to help me clean out the little bit of the garage that's left and help me set up just a little corner. I haven't been having much luck. In the meantime, I've been buying other people's beads here and there. I told Mike that the longer he puts off helping me with the garage the costlier it could become. :evil:

Lara
03-15-2004, 10:29 PM
I saw these beads in person and they are so wonderful. Even got one of my own from Kim. Thanks so much again Kim.

Lara

xoticbead
03-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Jennifer
I have a hint that might help you set a fire under Mike. Start making a "stack" of things ( all his natch ) in the garage and tell him that this is the pile things you are going to give to Goodwill. and then in a seperate pile put a few really dumb things ( empty T.P roll, one shoe, an empty soda bottle) and tell him that this is the pile of the things you are going to keep. It worked like a charm for me.
Liz

Toni Lutman
03-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Beautifull beads as usual!!! I especially like the first two long beads.

Toni

Jennifree
03-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Jennifer
I have a hint that might help you set a fire under Mike. Start making a "stack" of things ( all his natch ) in the garage and tell him that this is the pile things you are going to give to Goodwill. and then in a seperate pile put a few really dumb things ( empty T.P roll, one shoe, an empty soda bottle) and tell him that this is the pile of the things you are going to keep. It worked like a charm for me.
Liz
LOL! Hmmm, it has possibilities.

Buck Young
03-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Okay....I'm amazed.....fantastic beads....!!

As a newbie, I can't stop playing with silver. I'm particularly tickled with these two sets (although not as incredible as the previous).

Buck

Buck Young
03-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Okay....I'm amazed.....fantastic beads....!!

As a newbie, I can't stop playing with silver. I'm particularly tickled with these two sets (although not as incredible as the previous).

Buck

Okay....I'll try again.

Kimberly Affleck
03-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Buck,
those are fantastic! I like the first set the best (being kind of partial to silver myself!). Nice work!
Kimberly

Buck Young
03-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Buck,
those are fantastic! I like the first set the best (being kind of partial to silver myself!). Nice work!
Kimberly

Thanks....I love silver too. I can't stop playing with it. I just got some new frit. Can't wait to try it. What's you favourite silver combo?

Buckl

Kimberly Affleck
03-16-2004, 12:14 AM
I guess my favorite would be silver with Silver Pink, Coral and Ivory. Can get some cool effects with this one!

Virginia L.
03-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Absolutely Beautiful Kimberly - cannot wait to hold some in my hand - looking forward to meeting you - God Bless - Virginia L.

littlecrow1
03-16-2004, 01:05 PM
absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: The bottom long one is my favorite...the shape is PERFECT and the COLORS!!!! :clap:

mtbarr
03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Kimberly, I love it that you posted your beads. :clap: Lara is right. I also had the privilege to see these beads at Peg's house last Saturday. Everyone was oohing and awing over them. It was a lot of fun.
And Kimberly, I want to tell you what a sincere pleasure it was to associate with you at the get-together. You are very personable, talented, and generous lady. Thanks for sharing your "how-to's" with us. My friend, Karen, was also very pleased she attended this wonderful "gathering" at Peg's. We came home and had a ball at the torch even later that evening because we were so inspired by the Vetro glass you has brought. Everyone at Peg's was a real pleasure to meet. I think it is just a lampworking thing?? Great people.

I am off to Ebay now to see what's left of yours.... Gotta have.

Peg
03-16-2004, 01:47 PM
More. :evil:

Ha, Ha, Ha! Kimberly was at my house Wed. and I got to pick out a bead. I not only was given one but two of her beads. I had a terrible time deciding what to pick as Kim's beads are all great. She also gave a bead to a new beader at my house as well as Natasha's Mother. How sweet and generous of her. She is a great friend and I really love her as a person, not just for her beads. We had a fun day and if I ever figure out how to post pics with the new system I will put up some pics of our fun "Challenge Day". Mike and Karen have tried to help me, but I haven't gotten brave enough to try as, yet. Lara posted a couple while here. Peg M