PDA

View Full Version : Another animated bead...

wonderwoman
03-15-2004, 01:41 AM
This is one of the stringer-painted landscape beads, in animated gif form. Now you've got the panoramic view...
This animation is very close to the actual size of the bead, although the colors here are a bit muddy.

Emily NZ
03-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Lovely bead, but it won't rotate for me. I think that is what it is supposed to do right?
Emily

wonderwoman
03-15-2004, 02:34 AM
Sit 'n' rotate, that's what it is supposed to do... did you give it a few seconds to load? I posted another animated bead in the 'Saturday 3/13 Show & Tell" thread (page 1)... can you see that one rotate?

Aleta
03-15-2004, 02:37 AM
Dianna ~ It's twirling away for me! Quite amusing. Very nice bead.

Tink
03-15-2004, 04:13 AM
Cute!!!!

Listenup
03-15-2004, 09:56 AM
This is one of the stringer-painted landscape beads, in animated gif form. Now you've got the panoramic view...
This animation is very close to the actual size of the bead, although the colors here are a bit muddy.

How cool! My first thoughts are on how great that would be when displaying beads for sale on the Internet (Websites, eBay, etc.) That way, the prospective buyer could see all sides of the bead. Could you please share with us/me how you did that?

Have a Magnificent Monday!

-Kay

DebbieSue
03-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Great idea. I like seeing the whole landscape... :clap:

Debbie

Li Mei Sheng
03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
That's a neat technique! Betcha it would go over great on EBay!

GIFs will always be a little cartoonish, because they can only have 256 different colors maximum (each color is 24 bits just like JPEG, but you only get 256 of them).
http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifabout.htm

Unfortunately, I don't think there's another way to do an animation, except perhaps in Macromedia Flash (which I banned from my computer -- some of the ads on Yahoo were freezing my browser). Not nearly as compact, though.

Kay, there are several animated-GIF editors out there including PaintShop Pro (well, it's a separate program that comes with PSP, or at least it did with PSP Version 6 a few years ago).

snootyvixen
03-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Kay, there are several animated-GIF editors out there including PaintShop Pro (well, it's a separate program that comes with PSP, or at least it did with PSP Version 6 a few years ago).

Sure does! But it's a seperate download (with PSP8)

Vikki

Peg
03-16-2004, 08:06 PM
That was fun. I loved the animation. Usually when people put motion on their sights it is very distracting from the information or picture, but I did not find that in this case. I loved seeing all sides of the bead and would have missed that. Very clever and a great bead. Peg M

sugarbee
03-17-2004, 02:14 AM
What a neat effect.
It's just like in real life for me. I'm such a klutz and can't keep ahold of my beads so they are always rolling away from me. :p