PDA

View Full Version : Critique my new web site

dgdesigns
03-14-2004, 10:23 PM
I just got my web page up and running again and would like some feedback.
I have been reading the threads for some time now but have never posted.
Thanks everyone for all of the great information that you supply to us beginners in glass. I also work in clay and would love to see a place similar to share ideas. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look?
Thanks again, Daniel Gegen
My web address is: www.danielgegen.comwww.danielgegen.com (http://www.danielgegen.com)

Beaditudes
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
I think it's really classy & not overdone. However, I think the font/size/style of your name needs some pizazz. I'm attaching a word doc with a few suggestions for you to consider.

Otherwise, it's very "fine art" looking.

Ignuss-Fatuus
03-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Your work is amazing.....It would be well worth your time and money to consult possibly a student in graphic design or a webdesigner to get a little bit more polished feel to it to really showcase your incredible work. Man your clay work is just beautiful.....I saw many many pieces I would love to have. Your lampwork is very lovely as well very clean and well done. :) I think its nice to have a site that matches your work :) Im working myself on redesigning my website with a little help from a web designer. Bartering for services is a wonderful thing :)

nicker
03-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Lovely work! Very whimsical clay work. I like the simple nature of the site but think maybe a few bits of pizazz here and there would do your lovely work more justice. I can't offer any specific tips since I am website illiterate!

Juliesprin
03-15-2004, 12:20 AM
It's a wonderful website....easy to navigate....and I love your work.

You should add an "About Us" tab and tell us about your background!

mistymade
03-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Hi Daniel,
I took a looksee at your website and I think your work is fantastic!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to give you my honest opinion about your website, please don't take any offense okie dokie:D

I don't think the gray background is doing your work justice. When I think of gray, I think of dreary. Your work is colorful and fun and the gray seems to dampen the mood. (just my opinion)

I would also love to see an "about me" or "about the artist" page. I love to know about the artist - that's just me. I'm nosy that way.:)

The logo doesn't do anything for me either. It doesn't grab my attention to say "this is who I am!". I'm assuming you're going for a simple logo??? I couldn't resist playing with one of your images, I hope you don't mind. I promise I will delete it from my drive:D.

Your work really is wonderful and fun!!!

Pendants4u
03-15-2004, 04:38 AM
I love the crisp and vibrant pictures. Very pleasent to the eyes as well! Could use some spicing up on the menu system and Heading of your site. Overall... I give it an A.

gb-beads
03-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Wow Misty! Cool!

Daniel -- Love your public work as well as your clay and glass! :)

dgdesigns
03-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Misty thanks for the great ideas. would you mind if I used the logos that you played with? I like the one with the faded image. Thanks again for the input.
Daniel Gegen
Hi Daniel,
I took a looksee at your website and I think your work is fantastic!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I want to give you my honest opinion about your website, please don't take any offense okie dokie:D

I don't think the gray background is doing your work justice. When I think of gray, I think of dreary. Your work is colorful and fun and the gray seems to dampen the mood. (just my opinion)

I would also love to see an "about me" or "about the artist" page. I love to know about the artist - that's just me. I'm nosy that way.:)

The logo doesn't do anything for me either. It doesn't grab my attention to say "this is who I am!". I'm assuming you're going for a simple logo??? I couldn't resist playing with one of your images, I hope you don't mind. I promise I will delete it from my drive:D.

Your work really is wonderful and fun!!!

mistymade
03-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Yes, you may use them.:D

katie_lou
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi Daniel,

I like your work alot, but have to agree with the concensus here that the website needs a little bit work, but the photography is really good:-). I dabble in web design a bit (just simple stuff, nothing fancy) would you mind if i grabbed some of your beautiful pics from your site and had a bit of a play? If you like what i come up with mabey we can organise a trade....your work for mine? beads for pixels?

let me know what you think

cheers,

katrina

Virginia L.
03-16-2004, 02:08 AM
Hello, what does one say...your lampwork and clay work is beautiful, but that Public Art Piece is mindboggling...How exciting to be working on something that will be a HUGE part of a piece of the world...Congrats, it is just wonderful...I think your web pages are GREAT, but I would agree that a better color than the gray might be a bit better, even a more steel-blue gray - have a great day - God Bless - Virginia l.