PDA

View Full Version : My Glass Creations

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Since a number of you have expressed an interest in seeing some of the things I've made including my stained glass, I thought I would start a thread where I can display some of my works.

I'll be putting the various pictures in separate replies to this post as I've seen others do to help split up the pictures and make it easier to navigate.

I'll start off with my stained glass windows and then move on to beads and some beaded key chains I've made out of my beads.

I hope you all enjoy and please let me know if you have any questions or tips for improvement.

Enjoy!

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 11:29 AM
This window I made last September shortly after I completed my stained glass class at O'Reily's Stained Glass in Crystal Lake, IL. It's an original design that I did around the bevel cluster in the center and ended up being a Christmas present.

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

toozygoot
03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Lloyd - something happened to the upload of your pic! I can't wait to see your window!

pat

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting the pictures uploaded. This is my first picture upload and had a couple hang ups.

This next window is my second window that I created and now hangs in our master bathroom.

It's about 2 feet in diamter.

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 11:56 AM
These are pictures of some of my latest beads. Some are made on my hot head and others on a minor torch.

Lloyd

Johanna Stephenson
03-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Lloyd,
Thanks for sharing. I love the colors in the round one. I would have kept it too:)

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 11:59 AM
I made my Grandmother a beaded key chain for her birthday since she would never wear a bracelet and I wasn't sure I could make a necklace yet.

I took the finished key chain to the glass store and showed them how the finished product had come out and they loved it and wanted to try and sell them.

I made them 10 key chains and took them in yesterday. The next few pictures are of some of the key chains.

This set is probably my favorite color scheme out of all of them!

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

BurningScentsations
03-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Here are a couple more key chain pictures.

I think this will just about wrap up my first entry of my creations on the forum.

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures and don't hesitate if you have any questions or tips for improvement.

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

StefaniBeads
03-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow, your stained glass work is really beautiful! I especially love the second one, and being in FL close to the Glades, I would love something like that in my house!

GREAT beads, and I love the keychains! :D

toozygoot
03-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Really nice Lloyd! I love the whole look of your design for the second panel and the flow of your necessary cut lines. The way the cattails sort of converge toward the sun really looks good too. The colors in the top panel seem exciting to me. I think you made great choices there. And you are doing great with the beads too! I guess you and glass were made for each other!

pat

Shawn T.
03-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Lloyd,

Gorgeous stainedglass work. You are definatly talented. It is showing in your beads also. I love your keychains. Are you also doing all the wire work yourself? It makes them very unique. How long are your keychains? Thanks for sharing your beautiful work, please keep sharing.

Shawn

Flaming Idiot
03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I LOVED the cattails panel Lloyd.. it was gorgeous! The colors imparted both sun & shade to me... something I always associate with peacefulness... and the design had such wonderful movement to it. Very well done! I also really like the idea of beaded keychains.. it's a great way to use beginner beads! (me being a beginning beginner {grin} )

mistymade
03-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Wonderful work Lloyd!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :clap: :clap: :clap:

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Simply gorgeous stained glass work!!! Looks almost like an Amish quilt I saw once many years ago.

DebbieSue
03-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Beautiful work! I'm afraid to get involved with stained glass. I like fire, but am afraid of sharp objects. I have a tendency to take off the tips of my fingers accidently whenever I work with sharp objects. Lack of coordination, maybe? :(

Debbie

BurningScentsations
03-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Beautiful work! I'm afraid to get involved with stained glass. I like fire, but am afraid of sharp objects. I have a tendency to take off the tips of my fingers accidently whenever I work with sharp objects. Lack of coordination, maybe? :(

Debbie

Debbie,

Stained glass can be very rewarding, but when I'm cutting and grinding glass, my fingers are cut from one end to the other. I keep bandaids close by and just keep on cutting. If I had a glass saw, that may not be a problem.

Hopefully, with beads I won't be burning my fingers too often, but I'm a klutz so who knows.

Lloyd
BurningScentsations

Kerensamere
03-16-2004, 12:03 AM
First of all Nice Work! Keep on sharing you pics!

As a fellow stained glass artist I can attest to keeping the band-aides close by! BUT the more I work with the glass the less I need them. Could be a learning curve or just tougher hands. :D

I will be the first to admit that I will probably NEVER have a beautiful manicure as long as I continue to work with glass. Between the grinder, the ring saw, my nails and hands being wet and the various cleaning agents, etc. my hands and nails are a bit of a mess. I have to use lotion on my hands all the time. To be honest my feet are probably in better condition than my hands sometimes! :rolleyes:

I have found some nifty gloves that are made of an open weave material and then from the palm up to the fingertips are dipped in some sort of rubber, they work great! My fingers and palms are protected, I still have a decent amount of dexterity and the rubber gives me great grip on dry and wet glass. They're great when grinding small pieces of glass as well as rummaging through my bins of scrap glass. The open weave on the back of the hand allows for breathing. These are not your grandmother's dishwashing gloves! My DH and I first started using these gloves for caving (that's a whole other story), when I started working with glass he reminded me of them and they worked like a charm. A couple of months later my local stained glass store started selling them. I've found them in hardware stores and flea markets. One of the best things is that I've found them in size small, since most gloves are made to fit a man's hands the size small fits me great!

Hope that helps!

sugarbee
03-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Llyod,
I love the way sunshine awakens glass windows and brings them alive. Yours must look even more amazing with the sun streaming in through them. One day I hope to have a stained glass window like yours. Your key chains are great too, good luck selling them.
Thank you for sharing!
Rebecca

Peg
03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your lovely glass art. Have not done much stained glass since making beads took over. A while back decided to use a broken bead as a cabachon and got so busy grinding the back of it on my stained glass grinder I never even noticed that I was grinding my fingers, too. Between torch burns and grinding away skin on my fingers I am beginning to feel like a true crafts person as only complete concentration on the art being made lets you completely ignore any pain. Peg M