PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Show Them!!!

Booger
03-14-2004, 12:01 AM
It Tis The Official Hour and it's time for SHOW AND TELL! Haul them on out and let's see what you've been creating.

This little cutey (okay..he's really big.......and maybe not so cute) is a special request. Normally, I would have been horrified to see copper green morphed into this strange shade of grey, but I stumbled into pewter-like glass and seems to add to his overall appearance. I am thinking that for those of you with difficulty sleeping? You might just want to skip this one........
Now, back to the torch! And this time? I am going to make something FREAKY!!!

Sheryll aka Booger

!Karen
03-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Oh that is so WILD!! Excellent job Sheryll!

Karen

Lisa Jordan
03-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Sheryl, Cy is quite handsome (you know in a one eyed, one horned kind of way) Best of luck trying to make something freaky looking!!
Here are a few of mine from yesterday. I struggled for most of the day trying to use the CBS to no avail. Went back to tapered bicones....

Jamn!
03-14-2004, 12:20 AM
I am going to have bad dreams tonight now!! I know he's after me !!!! :)

Flaming Idiot
03-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Oh gosh... I love him!

And those blue beads are making me swoon with envy!!!

Tink
03-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Sheryll, what a handsome horny devil! Lisa, bee-yoo-tee-ful! I especially like the last one. Looks like a Van Gogh painting!

Here are a few from the Great Black Swamp. First, three pics of my Ojime Rabbit. I'm desperately trying to work on my skills before my Loren Stump class. I even bought a squishy ball to squeeze so I can strengthen my hands. LOL! The rabbit has 4TINK stamped on its underside: To indicate the year and my name.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10179-rabbitojime1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10179-rabbitojime3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10179-rabbitojime2.jpg

These are from my new Tocco series. The photos suck today, but I only had about five minutes to do them, and I made the mistake of trying natural light. LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10179-tocco1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10179-tocco2.jpg

Flaming Idiot
03-14-2004, 12:52 AM
VERY pretty Tink! How do you antique a glass bead? I use acrylic paint on polymer... but I'm sure that wouldn't stick to glass.. am I right?
I especially liked that first bead too... just wonderful!

Booger
03-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Dang I hate when I forget to change user Mr, Booger

Booger- I have never seen you make anything freaky???
Lisa- I Love what you have been doing Awesome stuff
Tink- I like the staining effect.
Orange fire first one then I made a black bi-cone and laid red, the orange then yellow twisting into fire each layer as I went. Needs some work but I think it will give a new look to some of my fire beads.

Jiley
03-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Love the show and tell so far!! I have been trying to get a grip on a technique showed to me by Loren Stump. Somtimes it works - sometime I'm Stumped :p
Jiley

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10090-shells.jpg

Jamn!
03-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Sheryll that face is amazing!!
Lisa I really like your pics and the last one is really awsome.
Tink Your bunnies are very cute! I really like your new series.
Jim Your flames are just the best!
Jiley Very cool shells: They rock!

Here are some of my latest beads. I just stuck them on the ebay!! :)

They are both done with the new transparent chardonnay glass and the top one has rubino just to see what it would do!! :)

Virginia L.
03-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Hello, well, I have had quite a time posting tonight, I forget what all I said, something about never sleeping again, thanks Ms. Booger, LOl, everything is great and I am interested in those shells, that seems really fun - and Tink I love that wabbit, and theToco's, I don't know what that is, but boy they are beautiful, and a great new Mr. Booger flame bead...I hope noone is left out..I hate that, but all the pictures don't always come thru...Well, it appears that my pictures are simply not going to post...I will try the new fishy inside here, see if I can at least post that. NOPE that won't post either, well maybe tomorrow :( - Have a GREAT Sunday - I sure will - God Bless - Virginia L.
PS: oh, oh, I missed Lisa's incredibly beads - Beautiful and Heidi posted while I was trying to upload my pictures - WOW, those are wonderful

Virginia L.
03-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Ok, I tried again and they uploaded....Have a GREAT day - Virginia L.

Lara
03-14-2004, 03:03 AM
Great beads everyone. I really love your little Rabbit Tink and the shells are incredible Jiley.

Here is my etched organic bicone/barrel bead.

Lara

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/10029-capped_org_2.jpg

CD Lampwork
03-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Great stuff everyone! Our computer has been down for a week and we are finally back online. Here is some of my latest work.
A rabbit for Easter, another fish schulpture, and a VW Love bug set.
Greg

Lori-O
03-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Everything looks wonderful! Haven't been able to torch much lately.. Even longer since I posted here! Let's see.....

Ellen Altamore
03-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Show and Tell is always good but today it kicked butt!!! You guys amaze me.

softbleu
03-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Here are some of mine including my pink and black special order. Keep in mind I am still new and experimenting :p
Oh and my camera stinks for closeups.

Christy
Blizzard Beads

rosebead
03-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Those are ALL wonderful and inspiring. Tink that is a great rabbit. How do you get glass to look antique ivory? Jiley those sea shells are so cool. Lisa Jordan I LOVE the bead that looks like Van Gogh's Starry Night. I think you are my new favorite bead maker.

Diane

csamson
03-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Awsome awsome awsome :clap: WC peeps outdid themselves at the torch last night huh.

Lara - really neat textures
Jiley - I want to go to the beach! NOW!
Tink - I love the rustic look on the rabbit
Booger - awsome!
Jim - I'm jealous , neato flames
Hedie - love the colors and stringer
Virginia - love the flowers and colors
Greg - love the VW Bug - had one for years - just couldnt kill it!
Lori - very kewl colors
Christi - love the flowers and colors

I had a late calling last night - got out of bed thinking blueberry pancakes for the Sun. morning breafast. I loooooove purple and black! Hope you have a blessed day and great new week!! ttyl

ReZ

mardi
03-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Wow! The beads today are just scrumptious and since everyone seems to be in scullptural mode....here's my newest little cuties that will go up to the bay tomorrow...now I just have to decide whether tp list them for the starting price I had thought to or start them out at a blowout .99???

Mardi

Toni Lutman
03-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Everything looks wonderful.

I was playing with silver leaf and Val's frit.

Toni

Briatha
03-14-2004, 12:00 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/17321-LoveSmilie.gifAll the eye candy is stunning again today!

StefaniBeads
03-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Wow, the S&T today, what a treat! :D

Nothing for me today, should put up lots of pics tomorrow, I've been busy! :D

donner
03-14-2004, 12:39 PM
There is so much personality and fun going on in today's S&T..very lively and humorous...

so I will post a black and white set that is neither fun nor humorous...hee
"Its So Black and White"

rhapsodyfirebeads
03-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Awesome beads today!!! Those seashells just amaze me!!!!!
Great work everybody!!

~Suzy~
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/30368-tj0.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Mar-2004/30368-Tj00.jpg

Shawn T.
03-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Sheryll- love him! that's one that does not scare me.
Lisa- Beautiful! The middle one looks just like the galaxy
Tink- Your Ojimes just keep getting better. Let me know how the class goes.
Jiley- amazing shells
Jamn- Going to have to buy some of the chardonnay, I love your shapes.
Virginia- It has been such a delight to watch your work develop.
Lara- Wow! etching that bicone was a wonderful idea.
Greg- The fish sculpture is georgous
Lori- Beautiful!
Christy- Great job getting the hot pink you were looking for in the flowers
Rez- wonderful dot controll The poked dot is my favorite.
Mardi- Now I want some fresh strawberries, they look so real!
Toni- I too have been playing with silver and Val's frots. Cool how they look so different.
Donner- as always. Beautiful beads.
Suzy- love the bicone.

Hope I didn't forget anybody that sure did take a while. I call these: Earth, Wind, and Fire!

Shawn

Patricia'sglass
03-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Excellent S&T! I LOVE the sea shells. I have a few things. Please forgive my thread hogginess. Check out the size of this first wonker!! It started out as a bicone but was so huge I squished it. There is a stick of dicro wrapped inside of it. I just kept going and now it's HUGE! LOL. I got some neat reactions to the mix of glass and frit in the last bead.

lwdstk66
03-14-2004, 02:45 PM
I am in awe.
Everyone rocks. I need to go practice more!!
I get one thing down then there is another thing I wanna try. I have my work cut out for me today!!

Jamn!
03-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Patty you must be kidding!! I love it when you and everyone else posts a bunch of pictures!!!
Mardi .99 cents is too cheap are you kidding too!! :)

I wanted to show a pic of a spring cleaning sale I just stuck up on ebay.. I was going through old bags of beads and I must have found enough to do 10 sales like this.. I guess I can continue one a week until the summer! lol

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I am in awe.
Everyone rocks. I need to go practice more!!
I get one thing down then there is another thing I wanna try. I have my work cut out for me today!!

DITTO ON THAT!!!!

Here is my very first chicken attempt... and my current batch of beads. I think I have made about 70 beads to date... still working slow on my lil HH.

Patricia'sglass
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I can't believe you tried a chicken being so new!! Kudos for bravery. I haven't tried any sculpture yet. Jamn that's an awesome set going up on ebay!
Pattym

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 03:38 PM
I can't believe you tried a chicken being so new!! Kudos for bravery. I haven't tried any sculpture yet. Jamn that's an awesome set going up on ebay!
Pattym

Thanks Pattym!

Is it bravery or dork-headed-ness? LOL :D She is such a sad lil chickie. But I want to try and get sorta good at them before my step daughter comes for her visit in May. I tried a fish but what a total and complete flop! It was so pithetic that I just tossed it into the glass can. BUT, I did learn what not to do and how to make tail fins!

Jamn!
03-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey watch that.. I am a dork too!! :) No really, I like the chicken very much! I think its pretty awsome for as much experience that you have the guts and drive to make one too! Its not stupidity because really if you fail you can always toss it into the frit pile!! :)

I have been wanting to make a fish but have never sat down and tried. Lately I have been making flower beads... hehehe...

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Hey watch that.. I am a dork too!! :) No really, I like the chicken very much! I think its pretty awsome for as much experience that you have the guts and drive to make one too! Its not stupidity because really if you fail you can always toss it into the frit pile!! :)

I have been wanting to make a fish but have never sat down and tried. Lately I have been making flower beads... hehehe...

I know what you mean... the frit pile has been growning! :p

Think I have to go and look at your auction pages!

softbleu
03-14-2004, 04:47 PM
NO! NO! I LOVe that chicken. Don't throw it in the frit pile. Throw it at me! :D

And if not me. At least donate it to the raffle so I have a chance to win it.

Christy

littlecrow1
03-14-2004, 06:32 PM
None of the pics will show up for me today...waaa :crying:
stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid computer!! :evil:

Well hope this works...cause i wont be able to see it to know...rofl

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105862&stc=1

My Ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=littlecrow1&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

DonnaBee
03-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Good job everyone! What an unbelievable show n tell today.

littlecrow1
03-14-2004, 07:02 PM
:clap: OMG!!!! I finally go my puter to let me see some pics!!! :clap: Awesome work everyone!!

Jily your shells ROCK!!! Ive been working on shells for a couple weeks and I *thought* they looked pretty good....lol....but, now that Ive seen yours well....lol.... lets say I need work...rofl ;)

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 07:05 PM
NO! NO! I LOVe that chicken. Don't throw it in the frit pile. Throw it at me! :D

And if not me. At least donate it to the raffle so I have a chance to win it.

Christy

LOL.... I will throw one your way! Let me see if I can make you a better one.

Send a PM

Patch
03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Wow! The beads today are just scrumptious and since everyone seems to be in scullptural mode....here's my newest little cuties that will go up to the bay tomorrow...now I just have to decide whether tp list them for the starting price I had thought to or start them out at a blowout .99???

Mardi

Those strawberries are fabulous. :clap: :clap: I am sure that even if you start them at .99 they will skyrocket pretty fast! Good luck with them!

Patch

Patricia'sglass
03-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Deb,
That bunny with the hat is so cute!!! An angel bunny :angel:
Pattym

mardi
03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
That bunny with the hat rocks and the shells were way cool!!!! I haven't ever tried any realistic shells...makes me want to go to the beach...still haven't decided on starting price for the strawberries but thanks for the input. I'll probably decide 10 seconds before I list it tomorrow. The strawberries were the favorite things I made this week though my big set has some new beads in it I am really happy with.

Mardi