PDA

View Full Version : Boro Lentil Thread Hog!

lvideki
03-13-2004, 06:26 PM
I haven't been a thread hog in a really long time.... but I just had to show these off! I have had a love affair with boro before. But when I got my new torches and started using tanked oxygen, I got frustrated at the fact that I couldn't reproduce the colors that I had done before. Well... I am over that now. And now that I have a bigger torch and oxygen, I can make some really HUGE boro centerpiece beads now! These all measure around 30-33mm by 21-25mm!

Les

lvideki
03-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Wait there's more!

Emily NZ
03-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Ooooh Leslie
I love them esp the 1st and 4th ones.
please share the lentil masher tool you are using on the boro. I would love to get a lentil masher but thought that some of them aren't sturdy enough for boro.

Emily

lvideki
03-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks Emily! Those are my favorites, too!

Right now I am using the Mag's Masher.... does it work? Yes. But I wouldn't necessarily reccommend it for the purpose unless you already have it. I had a hell of a time trying to get a consistant thickness from side to side. I think the CBS in the XL size would be much better. I am also looking at the Pati Whackers, but that may be TOO big. But I love the lentil shape for boro because you can really create an image on the surface and it showcases it perfectly.

Les

!ngridh
03-13-2004, 07:03 PM
THIS is why I have boro sorted out of my ebay search!!!
I am so filled with boro lust that only denying myself a peek will save me.!

THE COLORS!!! they are sooooooooooo dreamy....and yours are particularly enticing!

StefaniBeads
03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Ooooh, those are yummylicious! Wow...that COLOR!! Leslie, you do such beautiful work!

Lusting after boro here.....

mhartjen
03-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Absolutely stunning Leslie! You should be proud!

Bead Realm
03-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Very nice Leslie!! So Bob and Con are being outdone by a new torch and oxy. What type of torch did you upgrade to? Good for you!!

Brenda B.

CorvetteJuliet
03-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Wow, those are really awesome! Boro just gives such a neat marbled effect. ~Juliet

lvideki
03-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Very nice Leslie!! So Bob and Con are being outdone by a new torch and oxy. What type of torch did you upgrade to? Good for you!!

Brenda B.

LOL!! BRENDA!!! I was just think about you the other day!!

Yep, Bob and the conman have been replaced.... actually Bob is still around, the conman found a new home, and oxy is being used. I upgraded to a Cheetah. IT is ABSOLUTELY a fabulous torch! TONS of power.

Les

rosebead
03-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Leslie, those are so beautiful.

Jiley
03-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Very Very nice Leslie!! :clap:
Jiley- another boro lover!

lvideki
03-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks Jiley and Rosebead!

I just listed them on ebay last night, too... I am hoping that they are well recieved there too! LOL!

Les

dougremo
03-15-2004, 03:52 AM
Leslie,

Outstanding boro color in your lentils. Way cool. I've been playing with some too. I use the "Patty Whacker" to make monster lentils almost 60 mm across. So far it holds up to the heat with no problem. Keep up the great work.