PDA

View Full Version : Whew...it survived!

Toni Lutman
03-13-2004, 10:38 AM
What a relief to open the kiln and find it still in one piece. I was a little stressed working on this one. I just knew pieces were going to start popping off any time. I had intended to decorate it, but figured Iíd better stop while I was ahead. I really like it, but I havenít made many finished pieces yet, so now Iím not sure what to do with it :confused: Any suggestions?

Toni

JavaGirlBT
03-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Very cool!!! I'm really impressed. :clap:

Lara
03-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Really cool. Looks hard.
Lara

aimee
03-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Very cool.

I would make a simple necklace out of it. Something simple so that you don't take away from the bead. Maybe just a strand of seed beads that would slide through the bead. Maybe a complementary set of colors to set off the black.

Shawn T.
03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Tink,

Amazed....... Stunned... in complete awww!

You need one of the horseshoe pendants, the ones that are silver that just holds the bead in, and has a hook to place on a chain. The bead is beautiful and should stand alone. Just my personal opinion.

Shawn

Booger
03-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Wonderful! First I would admire it for a very long time. It would be safe as a fan pull (unless your kids are like mine and keep practicing baseball pitches when you don't look) or a necklace focal.

As long as you kept all the beads leading up to it small, would that pull the focus away? I am no jewelry designer and am wondering...

I like it - it's very unique in my eyes.
Sheryll aka Booger

chroma
03-13-2004, 07:18 PM
How'd you do it? Looks hard. . .
bj

Toni Lutman
03-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas. Gonna have to play with it a little to see how it looks.

bj, to make it I started with a barrel bead, and placed three dots around each hole, offsetting them at each end (I'm not sure that made sense :confused: ). Then I built up the dots a little to give me something to work off of. I heated a rod and attached it to a dot, then sloooowly heated the rod and let it droop a little and attached it to a dot on the opposite end. Then I did the same with the other 2 sets of dots. I used a pencil sized graphite rod slipped between the barrel and the loops to even them out and then twisted it a little to shape them. The hardest part was keeping it all warm enough so the loops wouldn't pop off on me.

Now that I have one that worked out, I'll have to try again and this time see if I can get any decoration on it.

Toni

Shawn T.
03-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Toni,

Just wanted to apologize for the name confusion, :confused: easily confused these days. I do love your new design. Wonderful of you to tell people how you did it. I will leave this up to you, it is very unique from what I have seen around, and would be wonderful to claim as your own style.
Congrats on pushing the limits.
Shawn

Toni Lutman
03-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Shawn, don't worry about the name thing. I didn't think anything of it. I'm new around here and don't expect anyone to know me. No harm done, and thanks again for the complements on it. I'm going to keep working and see if I can actully do it successfully again.

Toni

KetchikanSculptor
03-14-2004, 03:48 PM
HOW WONDERFUL TONI!!!!

I love that... Would love to see you make one in turquoise with another color added. Let's see more of your cool new style beads!

csamson
03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
...so abstract. I love it :clap:

ReZ