PDA

View Full Version : Wall Hanging

Leaflin
08-25-2001, 10:00 PM
Here is my latest entry in the projects.:)
I stretched two pieces of material on a wooden frame and added the yarn as you would hook a rug.
The felt and wool material are handstitched on and stuffed with fiberfill in places.
I cut holes and made patterns with the string.
Hung a bead in there.
Took it off the frame and sewed the edges.
It was a fun piece to do!
Hope you like it. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2001/wallhanging.jpg

dupliKate
08-25-2001, 11:34 PM
Leaflin, you are sooooo creative. This is great, I like everything about it.

I have been just looking at a beautiful watercolour of yours in the landscape forum, and some of your "barns." Checked out the papier mache Van Gogh! Wow! And of course, your lovely photograph of Heather for the portraiture project.

These are beautiful, imaginative things...almost magical. I am inspired! (And there is a loving, kind spirit showing through in all of them).

A fan....K

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sassybird
08-26-2001, 12:48 PM
Now this is right up my alley. I love fibers of anykind. This piece has such a wonderful balance of the unexpected in it. I first began my interest in fibers through quilting when I was just a kid. Working with fiber fill is a lot of fun. Great piece :clap: :clap:

Leaflin
08-26-2001, 04:19 PM
Thank you Kate.
What a lovely thing to say.
I'll be smiling the rest of the week :)

Thanks Sass.
I like to quilt too but haven't done one in several years.
I have a bumper sticker that says
"Whoever dies with the most material wins"! :)

impetuous
08-26-2001, 08:13 PM
WOW!

I love this. Another piece that I would love to be able to touch, feel all those different textures, especially that big green eye!
Do you have a name for it? I keep thinking "PigFrog" :D

ReNae
08-26-2001, 09:55 PM
This really looks so organic to me....I feel as if I'm a bird flying overhead and the dark circles are lakes. The lighter colored thread around it is a beach going around the lakes. Then there are treetops and mountaintops...really cool. Oh and the circle with the bead reminds me of the moon.

~ReNae

colorme
08-27-2001, 03:26 PM
very creative leaflin, I like it:)

impetuous
08-27-2001, 06:23 PM
Had to come back and have another look at this, it's fascinating!
And thought that I'd better explain why I was thinking "PigFrog" (just in case you were offended by me calling it that)

When I was little my Mum used to make me lots of toys, and one of her creations was a green and brown felt animal that she called (can you guess what she called it ;) ) "PigFrog" !!!
This sooooo reminds me of that childhood pal who watched over me as I slept ...protecting me from all those monsters that come out when it's dark and your 6 yaers old :D

Leaflin
08-27-2001, 09:23 PM
Thanks Colorme :)

Impetuous Thanks
No name yet .... I like pigfrog!
and now that you explained it I like it even more :)

ReNae WOW! Your imagination is wonderful.
What a great description. Thanks :)

I am so glad I put this piece in here. :D