PDA

View Full Version : Picnic

impetuous
08-25-2001, 07:39 PM
Here is my latest offering for the project. Gingham and dried grass.
I wanted to get a summer picnic in a meadow feel ...like red checked table cloths, long stems of grass to eat, warm balmy days, the smell of hay drying in the sun, the sound of bees working the clover etc.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is wonderful, but where are the ants? :evil: You have well captured the feel of spring and summer. Did you dip or dry the grasses and leaves?

Leaflin
08-25-2001, 09:46 PM
I like it impetuous
You have captured the Feel of summer.

Now where is the food? :)

sassybird
08-26-2001, 01:42 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is wonderful! You have captured the feel of summer in a unique way. :clap: :clap: :clap: Did you dry or otherwise preserve the grass and leaves?

impetuous
08-26-2001, 07:58 PM

Yes I dried the grasses last summer.
I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to things that catch my eye, pretty stones, bit of interesting wood, shells, flowers, materials, glass bottles, bits of broken china, etc, etc. etc (my home is like an olde worlde curiosity shop!) :)
I saw these long tall grasses, loved the purple tinge to the seed heads and pressed them between some books.

sassybird
08-28-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by impetuous

Yes I dried the grasses last summer.
I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to things that catch my eye, pretty stones, bit of interesting wood, shells, flowers, materials, glass bottles, bits of broken china, etc, etc. etc (my home is like an olde worlde curiosity shop!) :)
I saw these long tall grasses, loved the purple tinge to the seed heads and pressed them between some books.

I understand about your home being a catch all. Mine is also. I have huge tumbleweed sitting on top of kitchen cabinets, another tall rather strange looking weed standing in the living room, a big ball made of twigs, rocks, plants and about anything you can think of. My husband just rolls his eyes when I come in with something new.........lol Keep collecting gal. You never know when the oppurtunity to create with something you have picked up comes to mind.

bug
09-07-2001, 06:51 AM
I was just wondering if you saved this? put it into one of those framed glass pictures I bet this would look lovely hanging in a kitchen. :D

impetuous
09-19-2001, 10:51 PM
Thanks Bug :) I was actually going to make it into a card and send it to my Mum in the UK, until my hubbie pointed out that it might be a little illegal sending dried grass heads from one country to another (he's always so dam practical! :))
So I think that I will put it in a deep set frame, and hang it somewhere on a sunny wall.

yogi
09-24-2001, 09:45 AM
I agree. Nice setting, but where's the food??? :) :D