PDA

View Full Version : RE:AA Gallery!

Caterwallin'
03-12-2004, 03:15 PM
As you know there isn't a Formal Gallery at WetCanvas. There are almost 38,000 members and a formal gallery is not feasible!

Technically, each forum on Wet Canvas is it's own gallery. The whole idea is for people to start threads of their own and to post their art in their own thread. As the threads grow in size and numbers, then so will the forum.

I started the “Airbrush Art Gallery” thread so that folks visiting the forum would have a place to go and view the artwork posted by the forum members.

The idea stemmed from what I felt was a major effort to search through all of the archived threads in order to view posted artworks! I thought of how nice it would be to have all of the artwork organized and updated in one place!

However, as with many well intended ideas, this one had many faults and it became apparent that the thread was creating more problems than it was designed to eliminate! With fairness in mind, I sought out the help of the moderators in order to find a better solution!

With help and great suggestions from the wonderful Leaflin, I realized that I was trying to invent a better mousetrap when we allready had a great tool at our disposal that would provide a “Gallery” for our forum! One in which we all could participate!

We should take advantage of the project system and use that as our "Gallery". It's an ideal way to display artwork, and encourage discussions. Folks would be able to post their own work, with a limit of five pieces per project. The first one will be called "The Airbrush Art Gallery Project" where forum members can post samples of their artwork!

That would put everyone's work on one page with thumbnails to the larger works. It would also place them in alphabetical order. Each month, a different forum member can come up with a new topic/theme.

Thanks guys and “Good luck”!
Please participate in the projects!

Sam

Leaflin
03-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Thank you Sam for all the time and effort you put into the "Airbrush Gallery" thread. :)
The basic idea was a good one.

I believe the project system will accommodate everyone's needs quite nicely, and we will all be able to see each others work in one place.
I've been working on our first "Airbrush Art Gallery Project" and will post it ASAP.
Meanwhile, if anyone is interested we do have another project in the Airbrush Forum that is just waiting for new participants.
Experiments In Masking (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=620) :D