PDA

View Full Version : Asking for comments:

bug
08-24-2001, 09:13 AM
This is the new Painting I plan on using for my website-first thing you'll see. What do you all think? I was hoping for the feeling of an artist at work.;)

colorme
08-24-2001, 05:45 PM
This looks great bug, I'm liking the paint brushes at the bottom.:D

Sandi
08-24-2001, 05:50 PM
Ditto what Colorme said. Love those paint brushes at the bottom, as well as the yummy colors of your design. There is feeling of action with your overall design, yet it's a calming, matter of fact action. Organized yet interesting. Nice!

bug
08-24-2001, 08:08 PM
actually most of these colors are just very fine lines but they never show up photographed. more interesting if you see the real thing. :) it gives the picture movement.

sassybird
08-25-2001, 01:58 PM
This has a very strong design aspect that appeals to me. I spent over 10 yrs studying and drawing mandals. Your colors are soothing, and the surprise of the paint brushes dripping paint and your brush holder are a good balance to the structure of the rest of the piece.

Jan-Michael
08-25-2001, 02:27 PM
It has alot of movement... makes me dizzy...:) I like it...

bug
08-25-2001, 02:36 PM
sassybird sorry but I have to ask what are mandals?:confused:
I'd rather be embarrased then not know.:D

Jan-M thank you also just saw your profile our birthdays are 1 day apart! so hello fellow Scorpio.;)

colorme
08-25-2001, 04:59 PM
Hey bug, Mandalas are what you just did..the circle desings..

Here's what I found out about a Mandala-

Mandala (Sanskrit for "circle"), in Hinduism and Buddhism, a diagram used as a focus and guide for meditation. Each mandala represents the universe pictorially. The worshiper imaginatively enters the mandala, focusing successively on each of its stages and absorbing the logic of its form as the worshiper approaches the center. The Buddhist religious texts known as tantras provide descriptions of a great number of mandalas, supposedly intended for different types of people. Practically every major tantra has one or more associated mandalas, each with specific sets of deities or abstract symbols. Although every mandala has its own individual characteristics, the basic concept and structure of all mandalas is fundamentally the same. Japanese esoteric Buddhism uses two basic kinds of mandalas, the Womb World and the Diamond World. The Womb World broadens the worshiper's attention, and the Diamond World concentrates it. Mandalas of the Buddha Vairocana are particularly common in one category of Buddhist tantras, and show the large number of celestial Buddhas and the Buddha-nature of all reality. Artistic representations of mandalas range from painted scrolls to the sand paintings of Tibetan Buddhism. The enormous monument at Borobudur in Java is essentially a giant stone mandala.

mame
08-26-2001, 02:45 PM
Bug - just want to compliment you on your web site design. Thumbnails are the best attention getter in my book. Fast loading...great. Good job!

Just an opinion from a cyberspace art web site junkie (I have looked at literally hundreds and hundreds - the fewer clicks to get to the meat of your site the better.
Splash page...click...intro...click...index...click...art work - FINALLY.

bug
08-26-2001, 03:41 PM
Colorme-I had no idea! Thanks wow, I really had no idea.

Mame thank you also, I myself like getting on sites and seeing the work right away if it takes to long I usually don't wait. :D

RonMarko
08-27-2001, 08:57 PM
Really nice work Bug!
I like the black background you chose and the dripping paintbrushes are really a nice touch! Your paintings remind me of Fireworks!
Do you do a lot of masking or just freehand it all?

And yes, this would make a nice opening piece for your web page!

Kudos :clap:

-Ron

bug
08-28-2001, 01:29 AM
No masking. I do use anything near by to get the results I need for paintings. In this one it was Kitchen plates, canister lids (circles) for the lines I used a yard stick. Just a plain old ruler is usually my most used tool for my abstracts. :D

RonMarko
08-29-2001, 05:18 PM
Way cool sista!
Have you seen any of Peter Max's stuff from the 60's and 70's?
This kinda reminds me of that style.

Goto www.petermax.com to check it out!

~Ciao~

bug
08-29-2001, 05:47 PM
Ok Ron I checked out this guy, I liked his colors but WOW! those prices. Lord is he the king of all artist or something? I honestly like your stuff much better. :D I went on your site just yesterday hoping to find some new pictures up.:(

RonMarko
09-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Hey Bug: Hmm I must have overlooked this thread...

Yeah Peter Max is on a different level now - He's been around for quite awhile now - He did the animation on the Beatles Yellow Submarine movie so he is considered THE 60's art icon.

Very pricey stuff...I wish I had the money to buy one!

Take care