PDA

View Full Version : Look Please:

bug
08-24-2001, 09:00 AM
Hey what do you all think? this is a new acrylic I plan on using on my website - the first thing you see when you come to my site. Does it catch your eye and make you want to come in and see more? Does it give you a feeling of an artist at work? That's what I was hoping for.

Midwest Painter
08-24-2001, 10:24 AM
I like the colors and the composition. What is the url of your website?

bug
08-24-2001, 10:33 AM
You should be able to connect with the (www) at the bottom of my post if you're having trouble try www.beenet.net/eblair I'm working on posting new stuff right now should be complete in a few days tops.;) Let me know what you think I'm working at bettering the pictures! Have fun.

VictoriaS
08-24-2001, 12:53 PM
Wow! I looked at your site and just kept saying "Wow!"

Yes, I think this is a good one to use for the first thing people will see. It made me want to go and look at your site. And yes, it gives the feeling of an artist at work.

Good job!

Victoria

bug
08-24-2001, 02:31 PM
It's always so nice to know someone enjoyed viewing something I made. I think now I should of probably named my site Colors-are-me everyone notices how I love to show nice bright colors/ the originals are so much better then what I can show. You should see how cool they look when you use 3D glasses to view them.

Hope you'll stop in again like I said I'm adding some new paintings on should have them completed by tonight if all goes as planned.:)

CarlyHardy
08-24-2001, 02:32 PM
For a really great website!

Just a suggestion for the front page...one large painting in your abstract style would work better than having the two paintings. Instead, how about adding a small photo of you at work? for a personal touch (buyers love to know the artist they purchase from!)

I really like the fast-loading pages! Made me want to take more peeks at larger sizes. Since you don't put prices on the paintings (I wouldn't do that either), you might like to give a price range for buyers who are interested....that way, someone who is timid about emailing will have an idea of cost. I always figure, if I have to ask, then I probably can't afford it anyway!
carly

bug
08-24-2001, 02:46 PM
Thanks so much for all the suggestions I've been considering some of these ideas. My husband build my site (was his first) I didn't get much say at the time so I'm slowly adding my personal touch to it. he also will love to hear that you appreciated everything loading fast it was his main goal. I don't think I want to put a picture of my mug on the site (I hate taking pictures)! but I agree it is a good idea. I also went to see your site (Love everything) now I feel really honored your a pro so I'll walk around with my head in the clouds for a few days.

:) THANK YOU

diphascon
08-25-2001, 12:42 PM
Hi bug,

I like your abstract work. Consistent and strong.

cheers

martin

bug
08-26-2001, 05:58 PM
cool thanks!;)

YLCIA
08-26-2001, 09:07 PM
This is a very cool painting! I like your site very much. Your abstracts are so entertaining if I may say so. very interesting. Love the colors.

Julia

bug
08-27-2001, 06:29 AM
Hi Julia, glad you liked the painting. Now if I can only get the thing on my front page I'd be a happy camper (having a little bit of trouble with it). :)

bug
08-30-2001, 08:47 AM
I finally got this picture up. :clap: still have a lot more work to do.:( oh well more time once the kids are back in school next week.

IRDOC
08-31-2001, 12:26 PM
Good job Bug, let's see more...
Doc