PDA

View Full Version : Hat X Montana 1902

Wyobud
08-24-2001, 02:14 AM
Ink sketch with watercolor wash on bristol.

I'm trying to think if pointalism would say it better. I'm kinda fond of line and crosshatch.

Thanks for looking

BUD

Sergey
08-24-2001, 05:21 AM
Your drawing is beautiful. I think that watercolour is often weak because it's difficult to add hard lines. Your one has this combination. Does this place really have this hilly surface (I'm looking at the house)?
In my opinion pointillism doesn't pay for the work it requires. You're right about lines and cross-hatches. This is my way too.

NorahT
08-24-2001, 08:02 AM
Well done - interesting viewpoint and pleasing colours.

You could always give pointillism a try to see if you like it :)

artdude
08-24-2001, 09:04 AM
Nice work Bud :clap: The watercolor sure does add to the drawing. You could try pointillism (stippling) in just parts of your drawing. Where ever you want a softer look. For example it works great for, sand, dirt, moss, clouds, distant trees, tufts of grass, etc. So maybe you can try a mix of line and pointillism in one drawing.

Wyobud
08-25-2001, 09:25 AM
Sergey.......Yes thats the lay of the land. And the place is really out of plumb. Sometimes a sketch needs a touch of color.

Thanks for the look Nora, It means a lot

Artdude.......I'm going to try that stippling. Its not that I'm against it. I'm just comfortable with line. Has the work slowed enough yet for you to start your art again?

Thanks all

BUD

RuthT
08-25-2001, 03:35 PM
Another lovely drawing Bud - I like the watercolor wash too.

artdude
08-25-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Wyobud
Artdude.......I'm going to try that stippling. Its not that I'm against it. I'm just comfortable with line. Has the work slowed enough yet for you to start your art again?

BUD

Hi Bud. If your comfortable with line work then by all means stay with that :) I just suggested stippling in parts of your drawings. Line work and stippling go together quite well. It's always nice to experiment a little :D

Unfortunately my art time is still very limited. I have started a few projects but have been too busy to actually finish anything yet. I am currently working on a graphite drawing of a "RingTailed Leemer" (sp?). Maybe I can post a preview of that one in the drawing forum. Well gotta run....busy...busy..busy... :(