PDA

View Full Version : Silver Wolf - Scratchboard.

joemajury
03-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Joe
;) ;)

marc
03-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Wow, excellent scratchboard.

The lighting is very effective, I like the hues too.. well done.

lisilk
03-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Very nicely done Joe. Wonderful light. You have come a long way in a short time with your scratchboards. Did you need a magnifying glass for this one ? LOL.

Cheers

Li

Mary Riggs
03-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Joe, you have created a masterpiece!!! Beautiful detail in the fur, intense look to his eyes, and the light is perfect. He looks so alive I fear he is coming out of my computer monitor straight for me. Nice boy.......nice boy, stay!

Excellent art work :clap:

joemajury
03-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanks Li - No - no magnifying glass this time, although I AM working on a landscape at the moment ( Scratchboard) and it is no bigger than a postage stamp, and it has a LOT of detail on it.
Obviously, the magnifying glass and craft glasses are being worn for that one.
I think another couple of months should finish it :)

Thanks for you comments Mary.
As far as the lighting goes, its only a matter of scratching more around the areas where you want the light to appear, but even with this the Scratchboard can appear flat and dull, so I sidelight it with a day glow bulb, it helps to bring out the highlights.
In this piece the bulb was at the right of the image, as you look at it.

Thanks for your comments Marc.

Joe
;) ;)

Jakeally
03-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I like the way he is coming out of the shadows .... but maybe that is just the way you lit it. Lovely scratching and Great job Joe :clap: :clap:

Clara McArthur
03-12-2004, 11:18 AM
I just came in to have a look at this one. It is so good. I don't know what scratchboard is, or how one does it, but this sure is realistic. Amazing what you can do Joe!

sassybird
03-12-2004, 07:42 PM
I've been spread so thin lately that I am behind on so many posts. This is beautiful, Joe. What size is it? I have some scratch board sitting in my supply cabinet, but have not had the guts to do one yet........lol You make it look so effortless, and I know it isn't.

joemajury
03-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi Sassy.
How about I do an article on the one I am making at the moment - the Postage stamp size one.
The same principles would apply to a larger piece, and I can show the tools I use for both large and VERY small pieces.
I will start work on the Article soon.
I am already 3 months into this piece with maybe another 3 or 4 to go, so it will give me a lot of time to supplement it with an Article as well for this Forum....
oh the wolf is 10" x 8"..........

Joe
;) ;)

sassybird
03-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi Sassy.
How about I do an article on the one I am making at the moment - the Postage stamp size one.
The same principles would apply to a larger piece, and I can show the tools I use for both large and VERY small pieces.
I will start work on the Article soon.
I am already 3 months into this piece with maybe another 3 or 4 to go, so it will give me a lot of time to supplement it with an Article as well for this Forum....
oh the wolf is 10" x 8"..........

Joe
;) ;)

Go for it, Joe! I would love to see how you work the scratchboard:D

jenrou
03-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Beautiful work, Joe! You have a lot more patience and skill than I. :p