PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic, Oil Pastel and Black Ink

impetuous
08-23-2001, 03:09 AM
This is a little prelim painting that I am doing for a night class project. It started off as a painting of my eldest daughter and ended up as a self portrait (we are very alike)
I LOVED the freedom that doing this gave me, it was almost as if I could relax, I had the likeness but didn't have to worry about matching colour.
Lot's of smiles in the creation of this picture :)

Please feel free to pick out the flaws, I'm sure it has many, and I's gotta learn :) !

Bec

sassybird
08-23-2001, 02:47 PM
This is a wonderful example of mixed medium. The only thing I would like to see is a few threads from the color of the face laced into the back ground and hair. Nothing heavy, just light traces to really pull it all together. I enjoy the brush strokes and your use of color in this piece a lot. I'm so glad you had fun doing it :) You get a big thumbs up from me.

Leaflin
08-23-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by impetuous

I LOVED the freedom that doing this gave me, it was almost as if I could relax, I had the likeness but didn't have to worry about matching colour.
Lot's of smiles in the creation of this picture :)

Bec
:)
You have done a great job.
This is a piece that you want to come back and look at again.
I like the suggestion from Sass.

Don't forget you can post your progress images in the projects too.
Look forward to seeing this in our collection :)

impetuous
08-23-2001, 07:46 PM
Thanks Sass and Leaflin :D

I will follow the advice about flecks of colour from the face into the hair and background, now I look at it agian I can see the haiir looks a bit bland.
I'll also upload this into the progress file of the project.

Can I just say that this project is great :) I already have loads of ideas (just wish that there were more hours in the day!) ...and on Monday in the evening class that I attend we are making memory boards.

colorme
08-23-2001, 09:05 PM
Hi impetuous, I love what you have done here! You got a great piece of art:)

Sandi
08-25-2001, 12:01 AM
Wow Impetuous, this is fantastic!
Way to Go!!