PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

Solga
03-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi !
My name is Olga, I'm from Moscow and some time ago I joined WC forum on watercolor:)
But I love pastels as well so I'd like to present some of my work here.

Waiting for your comments.

Drawing: light-green toned paper

Mo.
03-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi !
My name is Olga, I'm from Moscow and some time ago I joined WC forum on watercolor:)

Hello Olga and a warm welcome to you. Is this your first pastel?
If you enjoy water colours did you know that you can combine the two?
Using the water-colour as your underpainting and then the pastel over.
We have an excellent library where there is lots of useful information covering a whole range of pastel related subjects.
If you click on this link it will take you there:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Also pop into into the Daily Scumble Thread where we share anything and everything, and say hello, you'll find us a very friendly bunch of folks.

Mo.:)

Solga
03-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Hi Mo:)

It isn't my first pastels, but actually one of the best. Sometimes I enjoy combining water colors and pastels - it make painting more lively, I think.
Thanks as well for your link - and I like your motto! If only I could sell one of my paintings - it would mean a success for me:)
But I'm only learning how to do both things...

Dark_Shades
03-01-2004, 08:40 AM
this is really nice, love the strong black and white against the green.... so complimentary

Artistammy
03-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Hello & welcome! This is a great place for beginners - lots of friendly advice. I've learned alot here.

Dyin
03-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi Olga...welcome to the pastel forum! I think you should really continue exploring pastels...you've followed the direction of the fur nicely and have a good start on using shading for modeling the form. I think you need to be a little braver and add some more color variation and vary the the strength of the lines a bit. Look forward to seeing more of your work!

E-J
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum, Olga :)

I think you've captured the texture of the fur very nicely and I like your choice of pale green support. Maybe the foliage could be developed a little - by the addition of some darker greens and more defined shapes?

Keep sharing your pastels!

Khadres
03-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi !

Oh, I love badgers! Nice job and welcome to the Pastel forum! People are very nice and helpful here, so don't hesitate to post questions as well as work you've done!